Peugeot 406 coupe hdi, mapped and lowered

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 406 coupe hdi, mapped and lowered
(09-11-2014, 09:49 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(09-11-2014, 06:03 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Im not that bad with cars am I? lmao

once all the boring mechanical stuff is sorted im sure ill be too busy enjoying it to think about selling for a while yet. All the little annoying bits just make the overall enjoyment of the car more worthwhile :p

Haha no I would just quite like one of these and I know you take care of your cars. lmao

By the way, what product did you use to shine up the gti6 dash? It was looking good in Redditch.

Autoglym rubber and trim cleaner is the stuff, squirty bottle with yellow label. One of my favourite Autoglym products tbf, use a little bit for a satin finish or double squirt for gloss.

Certainly made the coupe a nicer place to be inside Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2014, 11:02 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(09-11-2014, 09:49 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(09-11-2014, 06:03 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Im not that bad with cars am I? lmao

once all the boring mechanical stuff is sorted im sure ill be too busy enjoying it to think about selling for a while yet. All the little annoying bits just make the overall enjoyment of the car more worthwhile :p

Haha no I would just quite like one of these and I know you take care of your cars. lmao

By the way, what product did you use to shine up the gti6 dash? It was looking good in Redditch.

Autoglym rubber and trim cleaner is the stuff, squirty bottle with yellow label. One of my favourite Autoglym products tbf, use a little bit for a satin finish or double squirt for gloss.

Certainly made the coupe a nicer place to be inside Smile

Thanks, all about the shiny gloss. Big Grin
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 12:25 PM)Frosty Wrote: Im pretty sure there down the back of the engine and the egr bits are it the way of a couple of them. I maybe wrong though

You are right Frost, what a PITA!!!!!!
[/quote]

Ah yeah i was right then. Not the easiest of plugs to do
Thanks given by:
Better than the plugs on the bloody V6 Big Grin
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 02:49 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: Better than the plugs on the bloody V6 Big Grin

Aha, how much is in the way on those?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Means removing strut brace, inlet tract, upper inlet manifold/plenum, breather system + main wiring loom....
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Hey mate, lovely coupe. Really cleans up well. I never realised they made a diesel version. Might be a toss up between this or a 306 for my next daily.

Thought these bad boys only came in the V6 guise.
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 04:30 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: Means removing strut brace, inlet tract, upper inlet manifold/plenum, breather system + main wiring loom....

Seems a lot of effort for a service item lol, guess they don't have to be changed too often though! Confused
Thanks given by:
I put iridiums in so I don't have to touch them for a while! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Solves that then! lol
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 04:30 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: Means removing strut brace, inlet tract, upper inlet manifold/plenum, breather system + main wiring loom....

These cars really make you appreciate how basic a 306 is to work on haha

(10-11-2014, 05:42 PM)blaze_the_6 Wrote: Hey mate, lovely coupe. Really cleans up well. I never realised they made a diesel version. Might be a toss up between this or a 306 for my next daily.

Thought these bad boys only came in the V6 guise.

The coupe was made with a few engines throughout production, much like a 306 people only want the top of the range v6 or the highly tuneable hdi.
Finding a decent hdi is no small feat as with current fuel prices it's the one everyone wants aha, average price for an average coupe hdi is about £1200 for an "s" trim level (cloth seats, not many toys) then anything upto £3k for a tidy se or black edition.
Crazy really when you can pick up a d8 v6 now for around £600 with mot

Mines best of the breed really, last year of UK market so the full trim level (satnav, Cruise control, memory seats and mirrors etc) so although it has problems it's nothing I can't fix myself which would be my main advice before getting one. They're a French car built in Italy so electrical problems are to be expected and like I've found with the glowplugs and ripp with v6 spark plugs, general maintenance on them can be a pain haha, certainly not as diy friendly as a 306.

Oh and Peugeot planet is essential haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeah, heater, electric seats and dashboard issues were a right bitch to sort on mine. However, I will say that with the prices of V6's at the minute, you can buy a lot of fuel for what an equivilent spec diesel costs...
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 07:18 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: Yeah, heater, electric seats and dashboard issues were a right bitch to sort on mine. However, I will say that with the prices of V6's at the minute, you can buy a lot of fuel for what an equivilent spec diesel costs...

I had a quick rummage under the seat in mine to solve the airbag light issue, my God there's a lot of wires under there!

Only electric problem with mine is the dash display screen has dead spots but I suspect a new screen will be easier than trying to reflow the contacts in it

What dash problems did yours have ripp?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Issues with the climate control loosing settings/randomly changing itself - was some furred up relays buried right up behind the dash, plus problems with the electric motors/gears that control all the air feed flaps/adjustments under there. And the usual heater resistor, although I bought a new one that turned out to be duff from day 1 and spend a while chasing around in circles with a new air-con panel, etc, trying to sort it out. Don't need an air con panel do you? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Think I will take a pass on the coupe then as I currently hate electrics.

again, lovely car you got there. Will it manage 50 to the gallon?
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 08:27 PM)blaze_the_6 Wrote: Think I will take a pass on the coupe then as I currently hate electrics.

again, lovely car you got there. Will it manage 50 to the gallon?

So far I've been averaging 46mpg, but that not really trying to drive economically because when it comes on boost is too satisfying haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Thats still impressive for a 2.2 Smile
Thanks given by:
Let's see if the next pug planet visit I make to this car shows up less faults Wink get that dpf off. Original radio/cd player in, get that aux loom mod in also, should only Pop up inconsistency in that display then Smile. Shouldn't have any faults after replacing that screen.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(12-11-2014, 09:12 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Let's see if the next pug planet visit I make to this car shows up less faults Wink get that dpf off. Original radio/cd player in, get that aux loom mod in also, should only Pop up inconsistency in that display then Smile. Shouldn't have any faults after replacing that screen.

Yeah man, can't wait to bin all the anti pollution stuff, fed up of the little orange warning light and beeps now aha

Finished off my service stuff after work today, swapped the useless wipers for some new bosch aero style ones, changed some bulbs, tried to trace why I don't have working screen wash jets (dead pump it turns out) and my favourite part, finally got around to the gearbox oil change

Check out the old oil lol [Image: 20141112_224505_zps0dce2141.jpg]

Might have to start looking for that 6 speed box sooner than I thought :p

New oil has made a huge improvement through, nice and smooth changes and the 4th gear crunch has gone.
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeah, 'box is pretty agricultural on mine too, been looking at the 6 speed swap as well, should have had it from the factory tbh.
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2014, 08:43 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: Yeah, 'box is pretty agricultural on mine too, been looking at the 6 speed swap as well, should have had it from the factory tbh.

Yeah it's mad that they have all the toys yet still a 5 speed box
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Got a pretty decent parts haul turning up tomorrow:

New headlights
Brembo calipers
V6 strut brace
New engine mounts
Checkstraps
Wiper arms
Oem headunit
Gas struts for bonnet and boot

Should be all the annoying issues sorted then Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Wednesdays are quickly becoming my car evenings lol, few bits done after work tonight:

Replaced the top engine mount as the old one split
[Image: 20141119_191300_zpsa6b0bd98.jpg]
Found the problem that was causing my map sensor fault, small split in the pipe and barely connected to the sensor
[Image: 4c245cfb-8fce-4a67-9667-7401ddca5089_zps29af6128.jpg]

And replaced the droplinks, for obvious reasons lol
[Image: 20141119_200333_zpsac88c49c.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Nice haul of coupe parts been showing up over the last few days Smile

[Image: 20141121_191412_zpsf5b78f88.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I really like this, the coupe is a nice looking motor even now. Well done for bringing one back to how it should be!!!! Whats the boot space like in these? Id love to convert a 2.2hdi into a twin tanked Veg mobile Smile
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2014, 07:26 PM)Uberderv Wrote: I really like this, the coupe is a nice looking motor even now. Well done for bringing one back to how it should be!!!! Whats the boot space like in these? Id love to convert a 2.2hdi into a twin tanked Veg mobile Smile

Boot is pretty massive tbf, not ideal for moving stuff around as alot of it is far back under the rear window, but no problem for what I use the car for

Im basically giving it the same treatment as my gti6 just with a comfier more economic car as the base.

Id happily drive this anywhere once its sorted, sort of car you look forward to long journeys in
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Nice little bits of work being done bud...I love doing all the extra service bits that would normally be left alone to get worse n worse n worse!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2014, 07:34 PM)Piggy Wrote: Nice little bits of work being done bud...I love doing all the extra service bits that would normally be left alone to get worse n worse n worse!!!

The knocking droplinks were driving me insane haha, don't see how people can leave them for the sake of £20 or so!

measuring up little bits and pieces to see what's the same off a 306, like bottom engine mount for example as uprated coupe parts are extremely hard to come by.

One thing I really do wish was more commonly available was a decent stainless exhaust system, my best option is looking like a visit to longlife with a wad of cash lol
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Wana buy those stainless bits back...make one yaself!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2014, 07:46 PM)Piggy Wrote: Wana buy those stainless bits back...make one yaself!

cba, I hate welding exhaust lol.

Robs hdi has a longlife system from turbo back and so far its the best exhaust ive ever seen on a 306 diesel, want me some of that!
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stu's coupe. BMW content.. disco stu 87 25,642 05-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Last Post: disco stu