Mrs Piggys 206hdi - written off.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mrs Piggys 206hdi - written off.
Sorry my bad all, i was thinking of CG! Shame then that you're having issues with Helix!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Hmmm yeah, fair, will have to keep an eye on that.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
In comms with helix.

"Technical" guy saying the splines wouldn't make any noises etc etc and it be the release bearing...
Well unless release besrings are made of iron, then this noise is for sure NOT a rattly release bearing! Lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Bloodeeeeey hell!

What a freaking nightmare week with this bloody car and clutches!

Other than the rattle the bite was also on the floor, like 2mm off full depression.

So I figured something is up and helix wont believe me...so after popping to town yesterday, at 10:30am I was removing the gearbox...again.

Found Helix to be a BAD fit on the splines...see FB page for video.

So...fitted the new valeo I had for it originally.

All back together and no clutch...like half dissengagement. Figured on my own I just couldn't bleed it.

4pm, Ruan turns up. Brill...handy chap to have.

About 4/5hours later...

We start to take the box off...again. She just wouldn't bleed anymore...like 10litres must have gone through the system, pressure bleeders the lot were used... So was assumed I had buggered something up.

Box off in record time... And nope. All was fine.

So in the end we put the old worn pressure plate (LUK) back in with the new (Valeo) friction plate and bearing.

Back together and at 1am...we took it for a drive with once again a normal clutch feel and bite.

Bloody el.
I hate clutches today
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Jesus man. Fair play for getting her sorted. Always a pain when you do it to your own car.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Fitted the valeo friction plate the wrong way around? I found the one on my 6 didn't have any markings as to which way round it should go so it really was a educated guess!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Interesting, the helix on my hdi is similar, bit of spline rattle and the bite point is in the carpet.. It does hold power though, which is nice.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Absolute bastard this, must be a faulty pressure plate I'd guess... We checked the stroke of the clutch and it was infact ever so slightly less with the original worn plate, so it's not an air issue, clutch definitely in the correct way, checked multiple times.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2015, 10:16 AM)Niall Wrote: Fitted the valeo friction plate the wrong way around? I found the one on my 6 didn't have any markings as to which way round it should go so it really was a educated guess!

Thats what we thought I may have...hence taking box off again.

But no

(13-12-2015, 10:21 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Interesting, the helix on my hdi is similar, bit of spline rattle and the bite point is in the carpet.. It does hold power though, which is nice.

Sounds very familiar! Lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
https://youtu.be/q4gC1gtjAWU
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So...this has had some new wheels recently and now has bigger brakes:

Before:

After:

Pic doesn't show it well...but thats 302mm. From 266.

Although...need a bigger M/C now.

If anyone has any ideas? Needs to have port for the clutch
Thanks given by:
Got tracking done today...again. And as I thought, its perfect. Yet the steering wheel still isnt straight. Hold it straight and it goes left slightly.
Set the steering wheel that slight bit to left and then check wheel alignment and its way off... Tried rotating wheels/tyres but no change

Also changed n/s droplink, tiny bit of play but was rattling like it had snapped! Did it in 5min thanks to use of snapon battery air gun at mickeys.

Obligatory pic:

Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nice to see its getting some love, why such big brakes on a stage 1? Use 266s on mine and find them easily capable of anything really, dont you only run 283s on the racetractor which is much quicker than this too?
Thanks given by:
I can make those 266s with cheap pads fade within half a mile of home lol
Racetractor is lighter than this and uses ds2500r pads.
Plus the 302mm were cheaper than pads/discs for the gti180 brakes I had rrady to go on.
3rd/4th...all the reasons... It isnt going to be stg1 for long

In other news...due to some fettling from my custom mapping yoda, throttle response is rather epic... Meaning it encourages you to drive like you stole it. Downside: mpgs dropped recently.

So drove to minehead this evening. Just me but boot full of gear and tools. 105 miles roughly. 2hours. Managed, I think, roughly 64mpg. Was driving careful mind.
Chuffed with that. Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Fair points Piggy, I would have just gone with the 283s from the GTI 180, but its cheaper so fair play! All that extra unsprung weight though! Although must stop stupidly well now. Ive never had an issue with stopping even in a big hurry with pagid fronts and eicher rear from ECP to be honest.
Mapping it yourself now? Mpgzzzz sound good! 206s do seem to be a bit better on fuel than 306s!
Thanks given by:
Nah I'm not mapping...well beyond me.
Yeah they are hefty things.
Needs bigger MC tbh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Fair enough Piggy, looking forward to seeing what happens with this in the near future Smile
Thanks given by:
One was broken and one missing its.cover...

£5.70 delivered later... (I replaced the lamps that came with them with the leds)

Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Really wana get on with stg2... But must tidy up the "issues" first.
So, guna put a starter button in for now, theres a button blank just begging for it...and I cant be bothered in changing all the locls or having two keys.
Got spare starter too...it looks brand new...but sounds rough as a dog due to recent swim.

But today...grabbed the wingmirror which got smacked off three months ago and has been taped up since. Despite getting one from an almost identical 206... Had different plugs.

Sorted.
Next......
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Exhaust has been knocking blowing...thought better have a look...woops...that needs doing...

Yes the welds are awful..gasless cheap mig vs thin mild onto thick stainless...
But it does the job, aids flow ready for stg2 and from outside looks OEM ish.

Plus it was free and just cost time and a grinder disc exploding into my hand ThumbsUp

Next up:
Starter and starter button
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
exhaust bandage would have been simpler/easier ThumbsUp
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Man.... That welding, I don't know if that even counts
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2016, 10:06 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Man.... That welding, I don't know if that even counts

best comment ive seen in a while. granted piggy was up against the odds with equipment and material his welding. but come on dude youre ocd about everything flapper disc works wonders ;Winkeen a while since ive looked at this thread seems to be making some good progress in the right direction though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2016, 10:06 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Man.... That welding, I don't know if that even counts

Really could not care less.

lol

Cant see it...so its perfect lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
But you know its there! I can't even weld and it still looks awful...not that the dented box looks any better tbf. lmao
Thanks given by:
Ah well i it doesnt bother you and holds its not an issue really is it. Not like its structle or anything lol
Thanks given by:
I can assure you its strong.

But...my hands are in the air like I just dont care.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It looks like you've used a stick welder and forgot to knock the stag off. Surely worth just running a grinder over it quickly?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
No...ripped old one off...put "new" in position. Welded it in position with a crap welder and an idiot.

Works.

Win.

/Thread
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sorted this too:

New n/plate light holders, pair was £5.70 new delivered, in gen pug packets.

Needs new plates I think...maybe some pressed ones
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: