Mrs Piggys 206hdi - written off.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mrs Piggys 206hdi - written off.
Thumbs Up 
So went up to Bicester and picked up a sweet little 206 2.0 hdi

So, yup, I bought an HDI!

It has full service history, 2 owners from new, the last being a older lady who has had it for 10years!!
Very tidy, few little stone chips, one missing wheel trim, the major thing is a crease on the r/n/s quarter which will push out easy enough and it needs a new rear axle (seems unlucky to have had it go tbh with it so young.)
Working AC/ CD player, electrics etc
97k on the clock! MOt till March.

Very happily drove it away for £450!

Will get some pics up in the day!

Its a daily, but will get a gutted cat, EGR blank and a stg1. Probably some wider tyres at some point when these goodyears wear out!

Quick Q...HDi newbie owner here..its a bit smokey (fuel) from full throttle in 2nd and 3rd from low down. Rekon thats just coz its been sat for a while and never really driven hard before/EGR bit clogged etc?!

[attachment=19874]
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
make up an egr blank and give it a good clearing out, see what happens.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Thats me plan tomorrow!! Egr blank and decat!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
may find the lady owner has poodled around and now your clearing out the soot so to speek Wink
Thanks given by:
Any common boost leaks??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
black grunge on the manifold elbow is std
Thanks given by:
Nah just wondered if thats why its a bit coaly and a teeney bit whistly
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
EGR is probably stuck open, especially as it's been dawdled about in by an old lady lol.

Also may need a MAF if its lacking and coaling higher up.
Thanks given by:
Ooooo handy that your selling a few Wink

Pm me with payment, may aswell get one spare anyway Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Took me about 1.5hrs to blank the ruddy egr!! So fiddly and no room!

Now running stg1 and a egr removal/air dosser deleted.

Goes ruddy well tbf
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Air con works lovely too!!

Jobs on the list in this order:

Cambelt/water pump/coolant flush
Rear axle
De-cat
Clutch
Remove rear arch crease
Maybe find oem 15" alloys
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I want to keep an eye on spending with this car...

Costs so far:

Car £450
Wheel trims £6
Stg1 map £50
MPPs £18
Egr blank, free plus a couple of cuts and a cuppa T
Valeo clutch kit £50
Gates cambelt kit with waterpump £56

Just need some gearbox seals and some pug gearoil for the clutch job. (it feels fine, not slipping etc but release vearing squeaks on hard driving, and as I got a valeo for £50 I cant grumble!)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
They are nice and cheap these hdis and fairly reliable in my experience!
Thanks given by:
Funnily enough both driveshaft seals had gone on my missus' one, bough a genuine pair on ebay for about £9.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
To be fair, driveshaft seals are a common issue, especially once the wishbone bushes have been done and they get disturbed...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
These are dry. But will be replaced when the gearbox comes out. Im hoping it will hold through winter as a gravel drive is bad enough...let alone a frozen one!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Stop whining, sloping gravel drive sucks more... Tongue

Also I missed your above post, I don't have any MAFs left. I should start making them I think, were sold out within a week. lol
Thanks given by:
Anyone know the pug code for the seal between the inlet elbow and boost pipe?? Im SURE its leaking a bit.
MPGs not as good as hoped for on a 70mph steady cruise for an hour on the motorway...not sure if the map needs tweaking. Although that did inc a 5min session of 15-20mph during the WORST hailstorm I have ever witnessed...proper scarey!

She is quite fun in the twisties given the soft LX suspension and 175 tyres! Im no great driver but I properly upset a Jag driver this evening. He was in one of those new XJs.
He was riding my ass like Dumdum on a camp night...
So on the road out of bridgewater to minehead I thought I would test the 206...and his skills!

Fair to say the little 206 punched above its weight! He kept catching on the straights but every bend I pulled away quicker...he was trying harder and harder till a tight 90 left, 2nd gear corner, where I kept it my side of the lines and I though he was going for any overtake out the bend when I realised he had almost lost it!! haha lol

he backed off then lol I was proper giggling to myself!!! tapped the dash like tapping a loyal dogs head when she gone and nipped at the local chav asbo'ettes!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I have some of those seals here mate, a whole pack of them
Thanks given by:
oooo!!! Could you post me one? PM/whatsapp what you want £ and a paypal reminder! Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Your coming to pick up a splitter anyway......
Thanks given by:
GEAR-BOX SEAL 40X58-10 3121 44
GEAR-BOX SEAL RIGHT29X47-11 3121 46
£8.89 a pair delivered Wink
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-PARTNE...0389973695
Thanks given by:
Thanks cully

Thought you could bring it with you when you drop off the splitter and help finish my rebuild next friday dumdum?? Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I have a 206 hdi DTurbo in silver on the drive at the moment that I'm raping for a few bits/using as a shed for 305 parts. It's got a lovely sport front bumper with fogs!
Thanks given by:
Ooo nice. Shame so far away. I need a beam too! And some nice Dturbo struts be nice. Shame

Got a tank level sensor I could buy to test?!

Did a run this weekend. Rough estimate I got 54mpg. Tbh, Im not impressed. Its well serviced, 175 decent tyres, at the right pressures. No gadgets going, driven for mpgeeeez and got a stg1 map with egr delete.

Any thoughts??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sounds fine to me...forget the 60mpg people claim on here. lol

I never got more than 55mpg on a tank. Did well to get below 50mpg on a tank though...
Thanks given by:
I know...just the 206 is lighter than the 306 too. Not by much but surely makes a difference, gota be a little more aero too!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Weight doesn't make much difference on a run, its just getting over the initial inertia that takes more effort. I moved tonnes of crap from Nans house to her new flat and storage in the HDi estate and still didn't drop below 50mpg lol.

Would think the 206 is more aero as you say, but not sure tbh.

The average mpg on the TC on the one I bought was only 42! Though I'm pretty sure it was used round town all the time.
Thanks given by:
Still makes a difference tom. It will take more energy to hold a car of 1tonne at 70 than a 2 tonne car!

I'm wondering if it does have a slight boost leak.

It smokes a little, and its just stg1 map, so should be smokeless afaik.
Im thinking that elbow seal must be leaking a bit.
She does hiss a bit too on boost
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
piggy i think you looking for faults
the wifes 2ltr hdi 206 is slightly less and thats on a std map so your getting a good return there
Thanks given by: