Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END
(03-10-2014, 03:15 PM)Piggy Wrote: Cool. They do suit the ZX

Cant fit much decent brakes behind them though Undecided

You can fit 266's Apprently but have to grind a bit off caliper, not fussed about brakes yet any way my brakes work just fine and locked up a fair few times under harsh braking.

Thanks given by:
Hdi's fit fine on mine under 14" steelies
Thanks given by:
zx volcane alloys don't have much clearance
Thanks given by:
even the 16v 15"s don't take anything bigger than 266.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2014, 04:20 PM)welshpug Wrote: even the 16v 15"s don't take anything bigger than 266.

is this true? thought the 16v came with 283mm
Thanks given by:
wouldn't say it if it wasn't lol

all uk 16v's came with 266, it is an RFY engined S16 mechanically other than the zero toe trailing arms 2.4 turn steering rack and 21mm torsion bars.

the late RFS engined euro 16v would have had 283mm and different wheels.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2014, 05:06 PM)welshpug Wrote: wouldn't say it if it wasn't lol

all uk 16v's came with 266, it is an RFY engined S16 mechanically other than the zero toe trailing arms 2.4 turn steering rack and 21mm torsion bars.

the late RFS engined euro 16v would have had 283mm and different wheels.

tits Sad got a set of 16v wheels i was hoping to put on at somepoint
Thanks given by:
yeah, got a set myself too but they haven't been on my car for very long, been rolling on Xsara VTR/Saxo VTS alloys then C5 wheels ever since.

shame as the 16v wheels do look cool, pretty heavy!
Thanks given by:
strange question...does your parcel shelf close without the drawstrings poking out the sides lol
Thanks given by:
nope lol
Thanks given by:
No i have to put them back in every time.

In other news this had died tonight, pump has stopped pumping fuel, absolutely no.idea why removed stop solenoid at side of road still no fuel primer goes hard, so had ot towed back to mine and top man ash gonna come look tomorrow hopefully something simple but the whole car hangs on this I've had the pump off and on a good 5/6 times when I fitted it seriously to giving up and getting a 106/saxo nad all hangs on tomorrow but I'm really not feeling the love to do anything else to it again!

Thanks given by:
Don't worry mate. it will be back tomorrow ill swat all my pumps/ spares in the car and get you sorted out Smile although its still odd as feck that it just stopped :/
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2014, 09:10 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: No i have to put them back in every time.

In other news this had died tonight, pump has stopped pumping fuel, absolutely no.idea why removed stop solenoid at side of road still no fuel primer goes hard, so had ot towed back to mine and top man ash gonna come look tomorrow hopefully something simple but the whole car hangs on this I've had the pump off and on a good 5/6 times when I fitted it seriously to giving up and getting a 106/saxo nad all hangs on tomorrow but I'm really not feeling the love to do anything else to it again!

hang in there chris, I know what its like. I have gone 10 steps forwards and since the mot, I have gone back to square one again! I started to think I binned a better car, as this one has failed on practically everything the old one did! ( body wise) ( had a good make up job by the looks of it in the past, But what I am questioning the last mot, as there were 3 major failures ( I fixed mind)
So I am going to have to pay to get the body welded, as I am to keen on putting a few sill on, the floors I can do, but I haven't got a working welder.
Thanks given by:
I'm sure I'll hang in there procta Wink

Well it lives again now on a 9mm ash is probably best to explain but snapped leaver set and sized collar killed the 11mm. But it runs and goes now big thanks to ash for rebuilding the pump seriously massive thanks cos I'd be stuffed massively if it wasn't for him!

Thanks given by:
(05-10-2014, 02:44 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: I'm sure I'll hang in there procta Wink

Well it lives again now on a 9mm ash is probably best to explain but snapped leaver set and sized collar killed the 11mm. But it runs and goes now big thanks to ash for rebuilding the pump seriously massive thanks cos I'd be stuffed massively if it wasn't for him!

see I knew you will be back up and running again.
Thanks given by:
as chris said i nipped over this morning to have a look i kinda expected the gov to have come out of its seat on the leaver set but no joy Sad .

with the pump on the car full of wvo i couldn't see anything so whiped the pump off tipped the veg out along with the ball from the bottom of the leaver set lol wooops removed the pump head as normal to find the collar siezed solid to the plunger. really had to give it shit to get the collar off so with the problem found i sorted one of my spare 9mm heads ect to get it running for chris Smile

id like to know what caused it to sieze up tho only thimgs i can think of is there must have been some dirt get in to the pump some how or the thick wvo isn't providing enough lubrication/cooling? any ideas?

[attachment=19384]

[attachment=19385]
Thanks given by:
Ouch!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Fair amount of surface rust either was like that when pump was but together and small rust particle have picked up. Or the wvo had a high level of water in it causing poor lubrication for short period of time
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
thats not rust on there.. just like a veg stain residue type thing going on. when the 11mm parts went in it was minty fresh.
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2014, 08:07 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Fair amount of surface rust either was like that when pump was but together and small rust particle have picked up. Or the wvo had a high level of water in it causing poor lubrication for short period of time

Veg oil is left to settle for a fairly long time, to separate water, but I carnt see it being put together like that with surface rust Undecided think I might need to rethink my dewatering veg oil, if any water made it thought I doubt it would be harmful amounts.

(05-10-2014, 08:16 PM)ash23 Wrote: thats not rust on there.. just like a veg stain residue type thing going on. when the 11mm parts went in it was minty fresh.

Ahhh that puts mind at rest thought I.was running water then for a min lol

Was definitely mint going in so it's been caused on the 2,000miles it's been on car, only thing I can think of is fuel filter not doing it's job properly and letting shit though. Here was the head before it went in!

[Image: IMG_110953369599285_zpszyt5nosw.jpeg]

Thanks given by:
Why not run a diesel water trap/separator before the pump?
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2014, 07:28 PM)Sambarker Wrote: Why not run a diesel water trap/separator before the pump?

Shouldn't be no need as the veg oil is de watered but definitely could be something to look in to tho.

Thanks given by:
So I've lost the love already!! Don't want any sarcastic comments (big ask I no lol )

What's it worth about 10/11month mot
145,000 miles

Basically pretty standard only mods are

Cone filter
deback boxed using center silencer (needs lining.up)
Bosch pump (needs re sealing)
Boost gauge
Water temp gauge (not wired in)

Had new valeo radiator at £105
2x 12inch slim line fans (wired to manual switch)

It's a really nice car just needs pump sorting, it does start stop and go but sluggish up top of rev range.

Can come with
Gt20 with bits for 3 inch down pipe
Arp head studs
Gaz adjustable rear shocks

They can be bought separately or as a lot with car

So what you guys think it's worth?

Thanks given by:
it'll be worth more if its running right and put back to standard - as it is, not sure what to say

obvs you should just suck it up, sort it out and keep it instead of fannying around
Thanks given by:
Dont give up!!!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Some one come re seal my pump and I'll consider it, but the how cheap.running a 106 nad is really appealing to me now.

Thanks given by:
As it is, £250-£300? It's scrap to anyone other than an enthusiast in it's current state..
Thanks given by:
If you wernt so far id give the pump a crack. Ive got a spare lucas if you want it? Dont give up on it just for a little isue man.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I've got lucus just don't wanna take cambelt off again, it'll get fixed but still could be for sale after. But I think £250/300 is way to low when it's still a driveable car. I was think more like £500 as it is £550/600 pump resealed and fine.

See how I get on over next couple of days but should be looking at an 03 plate 106 later so will depend on that Wink

Thanks given by:
I think you'll struggle, as a comparison people wouldn't pay £500 for a 1996 306 DT with a knackered fuel pump. A ZX is unfortunately a less desirable albeit more rare version of a 306..

Either way you'll have the 106 for a month & then say you miss boost lol.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen zx Volcane DT James 69 31,294 22-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Citroen zx volcane 3 door Chris_90 166 53,481 08-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Paul Baldwin
  Breaking 30-31 August. Citroen ZX Volcane DT Anton 82 27,544 30-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Anton