Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END
personally i dont think you will have any issues. just remember to blame every forum member for something going wrong and im sure it'll be ok Smile
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 06:42 AM)ash23 Wrote: personally i dont think you will have any issues. just remember to blame every forum member for something going wrong and im sure it'll be ok Smile

lol I'm sure I can come up with enough excuses :p

Any way hot said is a/r is 46 I'm no expert in this so what's that sound like? Carnt be much bigger than the normal derv gt20?

[Image: DSC_1122_zpswzhxdtzs.jpg]

Thanks given by:
be fine you worry to much Wink ill look for a pik of the one i have in the estate
Thanks given by:
Stripped and clocked the turbo this morning

[Image: DSC_1123_zpsoivg34xy.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1124_zpsm3kbm8he.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1125_zpshz2isdoo.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1126_zpsefzi5xqp.jpg]

And the obligatory picture of it next to a standard t2

[Image: DSC_1127_zpszgrgphia.jpg]

So shopping list so far

Manifold
Actuator
Oil return pipe/ feed
Hp oil line
Alloy or steel plate (to block off the holes)
V band clamp? (maybe not sure on that yet)
And exhaust elbow not sure what size to go for yet

Comments welcome

Oh and just bought some Gaz gold rear shocks Smile

Thanks given by:
well the good news is i can help with at least three things on that list maybe four Smile

you'll love the gaz golds epic things new or second hand?
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 11:44 AM)ash23 Wrote: well the good news is i can help with at least three things on that list maybe four Smile

you'll love the gaz golds epic things new or second hand?

Awsome Wink you'll probably end up building it any way lol and second had couldn't afford new just wanna stiffen rear end up slightly not over the top tho so hopefully they will do what I want from them.

Thanks given by:
Are you sure they're golds? The ones that most get off eBay are GHA's, the golds are substantially more expensive. GHA's are around £100
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
haha i suppose that your way of asking ? lol
they will be perfect as long as the adjusters are free!?!?!?! Wink
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 11:48 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Are you sure they're golds? The ones that most get off eBay are GHA's, the golds are substantially more expensive. GHA's are around £100

Not sure now you've said that Undecided will see when they come now.

(24-09-2014, 11:49 AM)ash23 Wrote: haha i suppose that your way of asking ? lol
they will be perfect as long as the adjusters are free!?!?!?! Wink

Tongue I wanna do as much as I can but help always comes in handy Wink and yer the guy said they are free and fully working so if there not I'll be sending them back.

Thanks given by:
GHA's are still 'gold' in there physical colour and still decent, have had ours for about 4 years now.
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 12:08 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: GHA's are still 'gold' in there physical colour and still decent, have had ours for about 4 years now.

Thanks for heads up will see when they come.

Thanks given by:
Blocked the holes off on the compressor housing today.

[Image: DSC_1137_zps2r8kg7zy.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1138_zpsttmxu9n9.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1139_zpsup2orpju.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1140_zps3ikxlfim.jpg]

So cost so far

Turbo £40
Biscuit tin lid (gasket) FREE
Chemical metal loads in shed so FREE

So far I'm no were near £800 for fitting costs but I'm sure there's time yet Tongue

Thanks given by:
Yeah but you had to buy the biscuits in the first place :p
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
told you a tin lid would be fine haah but in you post i cant see the part were you bit my head off for giving you advice ?
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2014, 03:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah but you had to buy the biscuits in the first place :p

Missus bought them so doesn't count I just nicked the lid Wink lol

(25-09-2014, 03:40 PM)ash23 Wrote: told you a tin lid would be fine haah but in you post i cant see the part were you bit my head off for giving you advice ?

Oh sorry I shall try harder next time Tongue

Thanks given by:
So really you've saved money by getting her indoors to buy the biscuits that you'd of eaten so you could take the lid?? My god I think I've just confused myself a little there
Thanks given by:
but really when you think about things

petrol to get the biscuit tin then the tin its self so lets say between £3-8 to get that.
then theres the chemical metal you would have had to buy that at some point? lets say £5 for that inc postage.

how did you cut the biscuit tin? grinder ?well again that cost you money at some point ? cutting disc? ect.
what about the rag you stuffed down the inlet thats more money then the shed you worked in the bench the list goes on and on that turbo isnt looking so cheap is it now.............. lol
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2014, 06:32 AM)ash23 Wrote: but really when you think about things

petrol to get the biscuit tin then the tin its self so lets say between £3-8 to get that.
then theres the chemical metal you would have had to buy that at some point? lets say £5 for that inc postage.

how did you cut the biscuit tin? grinder ?well again that cost you money at some point ? cutting disc? ect.
what about the rag you stuffed down the inlet thats more money then the shed you worked in the bench the list goes on and on that turbo isnt looking so cheap is it now.............. lol

lmao

Thanks given by:
Not much happening with this at the moment to busy playing fifa 15 and waiting for our baby to come Wink

These came today

[Image: DSC_1145_zpsvaxgvg04.jpg]

Still no idea if there gold or not, bit of surface rust on them but they work ok and adjusters work fine so have to get them on now Smile

Thanks given by:
Look like normal GHA's to me
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Yeah they're the GHA's
Thanks given by:
Small update fitted tow bar and seen as back box had to come off fitted a center silencer as the back box.

[Image: DSC_1148_zpsietbsr2y.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1150_zpslipq8afe.jpg]

Needs some adjustments lining up and lifting up near the joint as it's hanging down abit but will do for now.

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
from the above picture, we can see she's been coaling for the last few miles. lol

exhaust should help it breathe better ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
same GAZ shockers I got. Seem pretty dang good to me.

Comon dood...pull ya finger out and get that turbo on!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 03:50 PM)mr_fish Wrote: from the above picture, we can see she's been coaling for the last few miles. lol

exhaust should help it breathe better ThumbsUp

Yer she does coal well, depends how I drive it but since it's been on 100% veg hardly smokes with "normal" driving Wink it has been over 2,000miles since she was last washed to. I'm supprised with the noise level consideing it has 2 silencers in its louder than I expected.

(02-10-2014, 03:59 PM)Piggy Wrote: same GAZ shockers I got. Seem pretty dang good to me.

Comon dood...pull ya finger out and get that turbo on!

Won't be on for a while the costs are mounting up fast looking at £150 minum for all the exhaust bits before I start with oil lines, manifold, actuator etc

It'll get there one day just depends on money

Thanks given by:
Gave the car a clean today as my poorboys black hole and nattys paste wax turned up.

[Image: DSC_1163_zpsnbezb1mv.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1167_zpsjplqdpwr.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1175_zpsxnzffgcp.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1165_zpsfq3p2sot.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1173_zpssn1x4qdn.jpg]

Pictures don't it justice tbh, really has come up great I mean it's no minter but it has come up great!

Really pleased with it took me long enough tho.

Comments welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
Looks like that's scrubbed up pretty damned well! ThumbsUp
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Looks real tidy Smile

Whats the plans for rims?! Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2014, 02:16 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: Looks like that's scrubbed up pretty damned well! ThumbsUp

Thanks Big Grin

(03-10-2014, 02:28 PM)Piggy Wrote: Looks real tidy Smile

Whats the plans for rims?! Undecided

No plans as of yet I'd like to keep them tbh sleeper affect Wink

Thanks given by:
Cool. They do suit the ZX

Cant fit much decent brakes behind them though Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen zx Volcane DT James 69 31,302 22-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Citroen zx volcane 3 door Chris_90 166 53,506 08-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Paul Baldwin
  Breaking 30-31 August. Citroen ZX Volcane DT Anton 82 27,549 30-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Anton