Megane RenaultSport 2.0 DCI175 **Back Boostin**

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Megane RenaultSport 2.0 DCI175 **Back Boostin**
(25-09-2013, 07:45 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Its not easy tbh I need to redo a few bits as didnt have a geat gun so had to use hairdryer but better with heat gun so can really stretch it Smile

Careful over heating it mate otherwise it seems to just let go and stretch a lot suddenly.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I know what u mean pal, I found that out when I did the 306 interior first time round tbh this wrap was too thick its exterior wrap and is harder to manouver so not ideal for out handle shape but will but some better stuff and redo didnt really take that long tbh
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
http://youtu.be/KDgpJ0EfSOU

Airbox chop done

[Image: 20130928_123649.jpg]

Garrett GTA1549LV

Needs a bigger turb Smile
Thanks given by:
Interesting, didn't know they ran a 1549VL...

Watercooled cartridge!

Get a GTB2056VLK on Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Sorry for not being with the kids, an airbox chop? Is that just shortening the airbox length due to it being way to big when std?

Progressing well mate Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Il look into that ruan will that just be a straight swap you think? Would have to get another map done obv but not too clued up on GTA's

Air box mod is basically cutting a square out of the original air feed in corner of box makes a huge difference very noisy not sure if too noisy yet havent decided
Thanks given by:
amazing what modern designed heads/pistons and injection systems can do with a gt1549!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not slating! But that clatter at idle ιs obscene! Quietness down a hell of a lot when reved though! What torque ιs ιt pushing?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2013, 06:13 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Not slating! But that clatter at idle ιs obscene! Quietness down a hell of a lot when reved though! What torque ιs ιt pushing?

It should be around the 350 360 mark pal
Thanks given by:
Cool!! Do you know what the limit ιs for these engines? You gonna push for more?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The standard air inlet pipe is very restrictive, hence people cut the corner out of the box removing the inlet restriction Smile generally frees up a few ponies too!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Thanks CJ and Ed, I understand the mod now.

CJ..any better for it?

Thanks given by:
(28-09-2013, 06:25 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Cool!! Do you know what the limit ιs for these engines? You gonna push for more?

Il find out I guess no one had gone past 212bhp and 350ft lbs as far as I know

(28-09-2013, 08:21 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Thanks CJ and Ed, I understand the mod now. 

CJ..any better for it?

Initially yess improved pickup and feels bit more torquey and loud but then have the issue of throttle sensor more often now so cant get full throttle and its pissin me right off changed fuel filter too and got to clean egr and see if that makes a difference  but must be throttle sensor
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2013, 02:16 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Initially yess improved pickup and feels bit more torquey and loud but then have the issue of throttle sensor more often now so cant get full throttle and its pissin me right off changed fuel filter too and got to clean egr and see if that makes a difference but must be throttle sensor

PITA, rip it all out and XUD it Smile

Thanks given by:
CJ I think there is an issue with some of the sensors working loose on the inlet mani, which may be the cause of your problems... Might be worth looking into x
Thanks given by:
Could make sense as it doesnt seem to be boosting all the time gona plug it in tomorrow and have a look around pal thanks for help buddy

Can tell when its boosting and not with exhaust tone since dpf removal although launch on insta shows boost
Thanks given by:
Had a reset on ecu and seems ti be back boosting but not too sure if back to scratch somwthings still holding back think its got to be egr as everything cleared and still lagging
Thanks given by:
You seem to be making pretty good progress with this mate, like what you're doing! Still not my cup of tea though, but if you like it, thats what counts. I also echo Darrens comment, at least its a derv! lol

One other thing, Liam also picked up on it, you need a new sig. So i made you one while i was bored. Big Grin

[Image: Untitled-1_zps32e9045e.jpg]

Hope you likey! Wink I won't be offended if you'd rather make your own, and dont use mine. Honest. Tongue
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2013, 06:05 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Il look into that ruan will that just be a straight swap you think? Would have to get another map done obv but not too clued up on GTA's

Yeah, you'd need another map done, but in their stock application they make ~220hp - the GTBs are such incredible turbos for their size...

Should be able to see ~280-290hp at a guess, maybe even more - and they spool up stupendously quick!!

Probably the sweetest turbo for a ~2.0 engine if you want outstanding driveability.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2013, 01:15 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: You seem to be making pretty good progress with this mate, like what you're doing! Still not my cup of tea though, but if you like it, thats what counts. I also echo Darrens comment, at least its a derv! lol

One other thing, Liam also picked up on it, you need a new sig. So i made you one while i was bored. Big Grin

[Image: Untitled-1_zps32e9045e.jpg]

Hope you likey! Wink I won't be offended if you'd rather make your own, and dont use mine. Honest. Tongue

Yeah gettin there with it pal seem to have ironed out the problem of turbo not boosting its back boosting but we believe the egr to be causing the lag so before dyno it will be gettin stripped down and cleaned

Thsts wicked matey il use that when im next on laptop nice one not got photoshop back on lappy yet cheer fella
Thanks given by:
Can you not get the get sacked off and mapped out?
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2013, 03:35 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(28-09-2013, 06:05 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Il look into that ruan will that just be a straight swap you think? Would have to get another map done obv but not too clued up on GTA's

Yeah, you'd need another map done, but in their stock application they make ~220hp - the GTBs are such incredible turbos for their size...

Should be able to see ~280-290hp at a guess, maybe even more - and they spool up stupendously quick!!

Probably the sweetest turbo for a ~2.0 engine if you want outstanding driveability.

I thought I mite need a map going to speak to RS Tuning in leeds and weigh up a decent size GTB and then look at getting the injectors refurbed or uprated but the M9R are renound for injdctors siezing in head and a costly removal fee

But weighing it up need to look at bigger FMIC, bigger Blower and speak to rs about what else as id love to hit the 300hp mark if possible show the perv boys what torque is all about Smile

Will be costly but im prepared to go for it lol
Thanks given by:
No worries mate, glad you like it. Smile

Might as well just sack the EGR off while you're there surely? lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
boost
Thanks given by:
Oh the fun begins CJ ! XUD it and it will be all mechanical lol

Thanks given by:
Nahh matey electronic fuel management and VNT all the way for this one now and next car when I aquire promotion next car will be perv and tvr Smile think my xid days are over haha
Thanks given by:
Yea... fcuk pikey tuning and chucking rods :d

Seem to be having a few niggly issues I see.... all good fun!! Be intresting to see how this progresses power wise

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1112647225

I looked into these for the 2.1 but wussed out coz of vnt control
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2013, 12:27 AM)Arron Wrote: Yea... fcuk pikey tuning and chucking rods :d

Seem to be having a few niggly issues I see.... all good fun!! Be intresting to see how this progresses power wise

Im pretty sure its egr related now has to be as its got all its grunt but then bit laggy and been doing much research on the m9r engine and common faults on renault forum I got banned in less than 2 days has hundreds of problem threads all relating to the egr so gona clean it next week Smile

(02-10-2013, 07:03 AM)Piggy Wrote: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1112647225

I looked into these for the 2.1 but wussed out coz of vnt control

Id be getting new matey Smile its not a 306 haha
Thanks given by:
new is about 450...which still aint all that bad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Megane 265 Lwilliams 13 4,740 01-04-2017, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Megane 230 R26 - detailing content ginge191 69 28,197 22-04-2016, 09:18 PM