Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)
Nothing old white hammerite cant fix Rofl
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just lol, at least you got AN engine swap done in the end. Rofl

Any clearance issues this time? Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
+1 for xud11 noises. Just sat outside with no exhaust sounding like an old hotrod or something haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2014, 11:21 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 10:38 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote: Was amazing when this finally fired up, sounded amazing. Diesel ftw
YES!!!!! That 2.1 with no exhaust and the inlet off! f*ck me I love that noise. Considering 4 individual filters so I can run it like that sometimes. You don't know induction noise till you've heard a 2.1 with the upper inlet manifold off Smile

(03-03-2014, 10:59 PM)padge Wrote: awesome! I need to make a trip down to you guys Smile
LOL we don't really live anywhere near each other, the south is alot bigger place than the North.

(03-03-2014, 11:09 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Chris you have this engine back again, so karma is saying go hard or go home lol

The shell is good so you can focus on the engine and do it some justice now Wink. This will be epic !!
LOL, you clearly haven't seen this shell, I've never seen a 306 with rusty outer arches and door bottoms before. 241k and shes showing it.

Ha ha I'd better pay more attention next time Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2014, 11:28 PM)Piggy Wrote: Nothing old white hammerite cant fix Rofl
This was my thought. Need a new can of it though as my old one had started to set and gone like mastic. Gonna do most of the front end at some point over the summer as thats looking tatty and patchy too

(04-03-2014, 07:02 AM)Poodle Wrote: Just lol, at least you got AN engine swap done in the end. Rofl

Any clearance issues this time? Wink
Not as yet but with the fueling issues and thus lack of power its not really rocking the engine back so I don't know if it'll clear or not. We did take a bit off the UJ and its got a new top mount so hopefully it'll be fine.

Also swapping to fuel at 75ppl is surely something youd approve of as your just as skint as I am.

(04-03-2014, 07:31 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: +1 for xud11 noises. Just sat outside with no exhaust sounding like an old hotrod or something haha
Yeah I wish I could keep it on open intakes and exhaust but no turbo means no power.

(04-03-2014, 10:23 AM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 11:21 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 11:09 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Chris you have this engine back again, so karma is saying go hard or go home lol

The shell is good so you can focus on the engine and do it some justice now Wink. This will be epic !!
LOL, you clearly haven't seen this shell, I've never seen a 306 with rusty outer arches and door bottoms before. 241k and shes showing it.

Ha ha I'd better pay more attention next time Smile
LOL I don't think most people notice.
Thanks given by:
So today I have achieved absolutely nothing.

Swapped to the DTurbo clocks, still no rev counter and the mileage didnt change with the LCD screen like I thought it should so rebuilt the HDi clocks and refitted them.

Decided to investigate the noise thats like the starter kicking in and I'm not sure it is, theres no loose wires near it and on a quick test drive its far worse in some gears than others like bad in 1st, worse in 2nd nothing in 3rd and a tiny bit in 4th so I have a feeling it could be the box on its way out.

I'm pretty sure it feels faster on the 8mm lines. Still need to sort a boost take off so I can plumb in the gauge and LDA
Thanks given by:
Damn straight, cheap fuel ftmfw!

Must be much better in clearance already as I reember the sedan locking the steering if you so much as looked at the accelerator lol. Proof that enough hammer can fix anything. Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(04-03-2014, 04:48 PM)Poodle Wrote: Damn straight, cheap fuel ftmfw!

Must be much better in clearance already as I reember the sedan locking the steering if you so much as looked at the accelerator lol. Proof that enough hammer can fix anything. Big Grin

Yeah i gave it a bit of beans in 2nd out of a corner earlier and it didn't touch so I hope its sorted.
Thanks given by:
Well thats different..... just had a little catch up ( dont ever come on the forum now lol)

This seems the easier option, Are you going to do a proper job this time chris? unlike the sedan, lol, I mean as in gear box turbo ( so you can actually steer this time) and some good power out of it?

Would like to have seen the 2.2 go in though Sad but i do understand it isnt all that easy

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I want to do a proper job on it but money is a limiting factor. The GT2359v is suitable and pretty much ready for box mounting.

I think the steering is fine this time.

The 2.2HDi wasn't much more difficult really but harder to tune, more to go wrong and wont run on veg.
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2014, 09:13 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I want to do a proper job on it but money is a limiting factor. The GT2359v is suitable and pretty much ready for box mounting.

I think the steering is fine this time.

The 2.2HDi wasn't much more difficult really but harder to tune, more to go wrong and wont run on veg.

Keep the car & dont get itchy feet then take your time, buy parts as and when you can afford then bolt it all on, then it wont be a limiting factor Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Yeah, thats what I've been doing with the engine swap. Hoping that once I sell the 2.2 I can afford to pay someone to weld me up a turbo relocation as I don't need alot of pipe for that then I just need to get a big pump on there.

I want to get it running perfect on a standard turbo and pump first though as it makes it easier to trace problems with new parts.

Not got alot to do, just fit the FMIC, work out why the rev counter doesn't work on either set of clocks, get the low coolant light running and give the wiring a once over as I guess ph1 loom plugged into a ph3 car isn't the best.

I do fully intend on keeping this car, had it almost a year now and running on veg its perfect cos its cheap.
Thanks given by:
I can help sort a relocation mani buddy Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2014, 09:53 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I do fully intend on keeping this car, had it almost a year now

Bloody hell when was her birthday, did you give her a bath? :l:

Thanks given by:
(07-03-2014, 11:55 AM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(07-03-2014, 09:53 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I do fully intend on keeping this car, had it almost a year now

Bloody hell when was his birthday, did you give him a soapy scrub down? :l:
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2014, 11:07 AM)Piggy Wrote: I can help sort a relocation mani buddy Smile
Cheers mate. I may take you up on that but a few people have offered to help.

It was bought a few days after I did my ankle. 23rd or 28th of June IIRC
Suppose its only 9 months I've had her then really.

(07-03-2014, 09:25 PM)lolsteve Wrote:

Bloody hell when was his birthday, did you give him a soapy scrub down? :l:
EFA

Cars are almost exclusively female, and mine is no exception.
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2014, 11:33 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(07-03-2014, 11:07 AM)Piggy Wrote: I can help sort a relocation mani buddy Smile
Cheers mate. I may take you up on that but a few people have offered to help.

It was bought a few days after I did my ankle. 23rd or 28th of June IIRC
Suppose its only 9 months I've had her then really.

(07-03-2014, 09:25 PM)lolsteve Wrote:
(07-03-2014, 11:55 AM)devils_fuel Wrote: Bloody hell when was his birthday, did you give him a soapy scrub down? :l:
EFA

Cars are almost exclusively female, and mine is no exception.

Can't believe you've had it 9 months and no threads about possible scrapping...Chris you are slacking lol

Thanks given by:
Well the cars back from its holiday at Poodles and I'm a happy camper. I absolutely love that car and hate it so badly at the same time. I'll like it alot more once I've got it tuned, FMIC'd and sorted out all the wiring which i'm gonna have a bash at at the weekend. Can already feel she has potential and wants to play driving her about and shes uber smooth on the motorway.
Thanks given by:
Why the hate? Still lack of power?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2014, 11:21 PM)Piggy Wrote: Why the hate? Still lack of power?

Hate:
No speedo
No tacho
Exhaust rubbing (at turbo exit)
Pump timing slightly out
No power
No glow plugs
No fans

Lack of power:
Throttle arm needs rotating
LDA needs connecting
Needs FMIC
Needs re tuning
Cant really do any of that till I have a tacho.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a good dumdum build?! Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
As I say, its just a bit of a snagging list. A couple of days (or a few hours a day) and I'll have her running like the beast she is.

Already been out this evening and marked up the throttle arm for how much it needs moved and tested some wiring for un bodging the starter and getting glow plugs and fans running.

She definitely doesn't like starting even on 50/50 veg, pretty sure its because of the lack of glowies.
Thanks given by:
Er yeah. Mine wont start without glowies.

Just came back from a 300mile round trip down to somerset coast...no problems....feel need for 6th on motorway though even with the hdi box...
Came up the birdlip at 80 in 5th...temp gauge moved a mm, then dropped again! Love it!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Chris' wouldn't have either without feeding it the blowtorch nozzle for five minutes. Rolleyes

Have the gearbox problems disappeared then dude?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Gear box issues have disappeared apart from the speedo deciding it doesn't want to work since it was swapped.
Thanks given by:
My speedo doesnt work randomly for 5min then springs back to life...happens once a week or so
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nah this is proper not working, was perfect till the box was swapped and hasn't moved since.

It'll just be the plug or something, no biggy.
Thanks given by:
My speedo is random like piggys, my rev counter is the same...going over bumps stop or start the dials lol

Thanks given by:
Well knocked the throttle arm round a bit and its massively improved. It was good with 40bhp but its awesome with about 100, literally so excited for getting the LDA plumbed because I don't have the right size hose joiners/take offs so itll have to wait a couple of days to get her up to full power.

Still don't have the wiring sorted but hot wired the glow plugs and she started straight away so gonna swap the looms as soon as I get a chance.
Thanks given by:
Just jam the LDA down.. Drive like a XUD pro Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stage1 to 3? Because stage2 is for pussies..now with pics for added goodness toseland 49 30,773 31-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: toseland
Heart Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6 Dum-Dum 516 354,331 30-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 158,226 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum