Job woes...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Job woes...
(02-05-2013, 11:39 AM)Jonny b Wrote: Don't claim fuckall never have after all the shit we had after our 1st child trying to get working family tax credit off them, figured it was more hassle than its worth

You make THAT much dollar selling your arse pops ? Wink

Love ya really jonny Big Grin
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
They aren't arse pops they are but plugs and yes I sell that many!! Just ask Sam lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pmsl. What's the company name..might have to buy shares if Sam's a customer, must do a roaring trade Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2013, 08:24 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Bit of a rant / request for advice.

I work in the timber door industry, have done for nearly 5 years now. It's commercial stuff, not like that you get on the front of your house...

Brinigng in 25k (not affraid to tell you lot that much!) and it's simply not paying the bills. Live in a small house which was the cheapest in the area, but struggling to pay the bills every month and have enough money left to eat.

Last year I was on 20k, so we were entitled to a bit of Child Tax Credit which helped pay for the nappies, food and clothing for Florence (most clothes are 2nd hand). When I threatened to leave my position last year they gave me a £5k payrise to keep me here, so it's highly unlikely I'll see another payrise anytime soon.

Here's where it gets annoying.

The MD of the company is bringing his eldest son in to work here. I have to train him up, teach him the ropes. He won't be here everyday since his dad is putting him through a construction course at college

Wait a minute, wasn't I offered further education when I started here? WTF happened to that offer?

Basically feels like a kick in the bollocks. It's not going to increase sales, it's going to increase my workload, the lad is going to get paid healthily by Daddy and I'm going to be struggling on whilst he will be trying to find his own customer base (we don't get paid comission here).

So what do I do? Present my issues to the MD or is this likely to cause upset? Mention that I'm struggling to make ends meet and if they could look at any possibility of a payrise?

Not going to get any tax breaks this year and the support for Florence (our daughter) will drop to £7.08 a week, which doesn't even buy the food she needs. Sadly, the Government see it as we are living well off of the huge amount of money (LOL) I'm bringing in and working 40 hour weeks for, therefore we don't need any help.

Part time work is something I've considered, but that means spending even less time at home with my daughter.

I feel like I've worked hard to get here and there are no rewards for it, I'm skint every month. Now the MD's boy is coming in and I feel like I'm being squeezed out...

Well done for reading this far lol

To state the obvious and ignoring the situation with the MD's son you need to earn more or spend less. There's ways your partner could earn extra money online (writing for blogs etc) which could probably bring in a couple hundred a extra a month without affecting her or your newborns quality of life too much. Part-time work in the evenings is an option but it's not going to be a very enjoyable existence for you.

Going back to the work contract, did I read that right? You have NO written contract of employment? If so that is absolutely essential to get one signed by your employers otherwise i'm fairly sure they will f*ck you. Isn't a written employment contract required by law?

Just trying to offer some advice rather than a useless willy waving "I earn this £££k" statement from people with no dependants who probably live with their mum.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  few woes..... Arron 0 915 07-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Arron
  New Car Woes cully 18 4,868 30-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Last Post: cully