New Car Woes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Car Woes
some of you may know ive bought kayley her first car
a little 2002 1.1 206
got a little while before she can drive it as shes not 17 yet

so its a little project for me at the moment in as much as sort it out and put it to standard so the insurance dont rob her to much when the time comes

so have had a look around the car today and the list of todos have grown

change rear lights
O/S rear door central locking not locking?
bell wire connected to sidlight headlight?
cooling Fan wire lash up?
no aircon condenser radiator
battery terminals

so have looked at the bell wire looks like someone at some point wired in some led water sqirter jets as the wire goes to that area and just cut off.
so have removed all of that back to standard
DONE!

Fan lash up well looks like someone has wired the fans directly into the battery through a stat switch in the radiator so have chopped that out
now im looking at why they did it
both the high speed and low speed fan relays ar fubared
so this maybe why the bodge with the fans

But im also begining to think the car has had a bump in the front as the rad looks to be a replacment and thats why also the aircon rad is missing

to be continued
Thanks given by:
O dear, 206s are always trouble lol Tongue

FYI modded insurence has always been cheaper for me :S always worth checking when the time comes

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Likely that its had a front end knock, 206s understeer like a bitch
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Those relays look fine, don't know what you're on about! lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
*woes

There's not much 'wow' about a 1.1 206. lol

Atleast most of those things are electrical though, so should be easy enough for you to sort.
Thanks given by:
I used to drive a 206 for a while (not MY car) and did enjoy the way they drove - very nice first car indeed!

few years; drop a '6 lump in ThumbsUp
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I have only ever driven one of these shockingly bad cars was quite nippy for a 1.1 but that's where the good bits end it rolled like the QE2 in a storm had terrible road noise and I could carry on but I won't
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
The n/s headlamp looks newer, so could well have had an accident.

I had a 206 1.6 (16v) xsi as my first car, it was the quickest:cheapest to insure hatch I could find at 17. Handled decently imo, not too far off a 306. Somewhat less feedback through the steering, and much more girly though.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Drove a 1.4 206 and thought i had to peddle it! Was so slow!
Thanks given by:
put it on peugeot planet
thats brought up a few more issues

Fan fault yes knew that one!
coolant sensor shorted ?

and this car has the com system where the stearing stalks talk back to the fuseboard/relaybox
it all tests out ok....Bonus

and the central locking all works even the O/S rear door so looks like that has a link bar dislodged as i can hear it rattling in the door so door card off soon to look

the airbag ECU is showing faults
but the light on the dash shows self test ok
Thanks given by:
Quote:coolant sensor shorted ?

Had this on a 206 a while back, turned out to be the sensor was playing up. theres two in the right side of the block. one for ECU and one for the gauge IIRC.

the ecu one failed on me. would drive fine but after a long stint on the motorway you'd come to stop at a roundabout and it would cut out. would fire up again no probs and drive on again.
Thanks given by:
The missus has a 206 hdi d turbo and it's a cracking little car, a bit short on power but a s1 map would fix that. As for you one are you going to bother putting the a/c back in, if you do could you post up progress as my hdi still has the pump and most of the pipes just no rad so I would be curious to see how you get on
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
think the 1.1 with its 60 horses would use most to turn the compresor so no i wont be putting the AC back in,i will be tidying it up by cable tieing the loose pipes

my wife also has the 2.0 HDI 206 its a cracking little car just like its on rails
Thanks given by:
I learnt to drive in a 1.4HDi 206....hated it lol.

I remember one very common instruction 'more gas'....it was so unbelievably slow! lol
Thanks given by:
i had a 206 gti180. brilliant car. had coilovers, pugsport ecu and cams. went like f*ck and held on in the corners so well i twisted the shell hence breaking it for parts and moving on
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Only 206 I've driven was a GTI 180 I test drove when I was looking at the Octavia, it was ok but wasn't as fast as it should have been...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
have finished looking at the fans now
conclusion is
car has had a bump in the front
non A/C radiator + cowling were fitted
meaning the two speed fan relay system was junked so the fans wer hot wired in a similar fashion to the Non A/C car,
i have removed all the crap wiring and reverted it back to the A/C wiring less the slow speed resistor which i have linked out
so Ive now got two "speed" Fast or Fast speeds

need Two 5 pin green relays to finish

and now looking at the rear central locking
Ive took the door card off and the lock motor is unplugged
plugging it back in the door locks keep bouncing not locking so i guess the switch in the lock is fecked
so another easy fix
plug in and cut the switch wire Smile so door thinks its closed all the time so the locks can work
Thanks given by:
have been out with Peugeot planet again and i have learnt a few things

1. reset the ecu faults concerning the fan faults have run test via planet now the fan works and the coolant sensor fault has also cleared

so now i have no ecu faults logged ! yaah!

2. central locking is all happy and working with the door closed switch wire cut ! yaah!

3. have an airbag ECU fault on the drivers side trigger 1 and 2

the car only has drivers wheel airbag no side bags

But i have worked out with using Peugeot planet i can turn off each bag sensor and clear the faults

meaning i can change the airbag ecu configuration so to turn off any of the bags in the car without showing faults or adding resistors!

bad news is the fault with the car is either the wheel bag or clock spring connection block
further investigation needed
Thanks given by:
looks like there are two temp sensors
as acording to peugeot planet
the bsi is reading the coolant temp as 92c but the Ecu is reading 42c
i know the blue 3pin one on the top of the stat housing is the BSI refrance
but where is the second sensor???

pictures for the people

installed Ecu's

airbag faults

Airbag ECU configeration screen

Repaired fan wireing