Joey the VNT boosted 205!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey the VNT boosted 205!
Just wondering that's all so is it true? Or you just putting hdi rods in again?

Thanks given by:
Well they were forged at some point, so yeah its half true Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 05:08 PM)Tom Wrote: Well they were forged at some point, so yeah its half true Wink

Ha ha thought not Wink

Fair play for carrying on with it tho any upgrades/changes happening or keeping same turbo etc?

Thanks given by:
All rods are forged Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah upgrading to a working oil pressure switch lol! Might do some little things as the engine gets built up, i'll see if Darren recommends anything.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Do what they used to in old minis, used a big ass front indicator unit mounted on the dash as the oil warning light!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The light works hopefully, just the sensor that doesnt :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
At least with the new engine, you can buy and re work a few bits, I did this with the take 2 with the rover metro.
Thanks given by:
Well im hoping after this it'll be running well and be bloody fast and actually last and do miles without issue.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
You can't really expect any 190bhp XUD to do lots of miles without issue! Confused
Thanks given by:
Well its only the engine internals that suffer, the auxillary things just spin a bit faster. So if the engine is uprated, it'll be fine...

Damnit Tom dont jinx it!!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 09:29 PM)Tom Wrote: Well im hoping after this it'll be running well and be bloody fast and actually last and do miles without issue.

I'm hoping for this to with my 205 but being a Peugeot I'm sure there will always be issues Wink

Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 09:41 PM)Tom Wrote: Well its only the engine internals that suffer, the auxillary things just spin a bit faster. So if the engine is uprated, it'll be fine...

Hmm good point....but still, don't be surprised when something does go wrong lol. Though hopefully it wont be internal after all that work.
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 04:00 PM)Tom Wrote: Not sure yet mate, have to see how long he thinks it'll take and what it would cost, hes bound to do it faster than me even though i've done it before lol!

In other news i have new conrods on the way.

Yeah fairs does, if you do decide to do it I can always come up and piss you off Wink haha fancy con rods?
Thanks given by:
Sort of haha, if fancy means expensive. Got no room up the garage at the minute, Martyns bought another rust bucket, f*cking things as big as a boat. AND some guy has parked his 4x4 in the garage to do brakes over a month!! Brakes, a month, dafuq!? So yeah fun times, thanks for the offer Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Haha cars are never cheap, ah well that Sucks possibly a drive way job I know how much you like working in the rain. Wink and a month Confused by 4x4 you mean a tank?
Thanks given by:
Its not even a real 4x4 is a f*cking ssangyong or some shit, but yeah tank is one word, bloody huge.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 11:49 PM)Tom Wrote: Its not even a real 4x4 is a f*cking ssangyong or some shit, but yeah tank is one word, bloody huge.

Damn bloke putting stuff I'm his unit he pays for aye Wink haha
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 09:29 PM)Tom Wrote: Well im hoping after this it'll be running well and be bloody fast and actually last and do miles without issue.

At least you got the chance to do some testing with the car, that's a bonus, sadly for me, i didn't get the chance to do that, my 1st engine let go on tick over! and i just say had the coolant blead, and the front end back together!

(30-01-2014, 09:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You can't really expect any 190bhp XUD to do lots of miles without issue! Confused

tom go and put the kettle on will you Tongue

(30-01-2014, 09:41 PM)Tom Wrote: Well its only the engine internals that suffer, the auxillary things just spin a bit faster. So if the engine is uprated, it'll be fine...

what i have done, is uprate the auxillary stuff, just to help the car out.
Thanks given by:
I bet he doesnt drink tea or coffee! Even though a strong cuppa with 2 sugars would probably sort him right out!

Rods should be here monday, then can bang them into the replacement bottom end and speak to Darren about what happens next, because he has the car and the head i want to use and i have the bottom end lol! Also have 2 new valves here big thanks to Chris for those xx
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2014, 01:04 AM)Tom Wrote: I bet he doesnt drink tea or coffee! Even though a strong cuppa with 2 sugars would probably sort him right out!

Rods should be here monday, then can bang them into the replacement bottom end and speak to Darren about what happens next, because he has the car and the head i want to use and i have the bottom end lol! Also have 2 new valves here big thanks to Chris for those xx

Known him he doesn't! when f*cking about with cars, or dealing with life in general, a good brew gets thru the day!

fingers crossed for you tom, as once its a live and kicking again, the car will come on well strong!
Thanks given by:
Lol, no I don't drink tea or coffee... lol And in fact nothing with caffeine or sugar lol! Tongue

Anyway, stop spamming your own thread lol, haven't you got this done yet? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2014, 01:36 AM)procta Wrote:
(02-02-2014, 01:04 AM)Tom Wrote: I bet he doesnt drink tea or coffee! Even though a strong cuppa with 2 sugars would probably sort him right out!

Known him he doesn't! when f*cking about with cars, or dealing with life in general, a good brew gets thru the day!

fingers crossed for you tom, as once its a live and kicking again, the car will come on well strong!

Thank you mate, i need someones luck, seems my own isnt enough!

(02-02-2014, 11:01 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, no I don't drink tea or coffee... lol And in fact nothing with caffeine or sugar lol! Tongue

Anyway, stop spamming your own thread lol, haven't you got this done yet? Big Grin

We would of been talking about golfs in no time if this carried on! Wink Not done yet, you'll know when its done, i genuinely miss this car Sad Cant wait to get it back.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2014, 11:01 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, no I don't drink tea or coffee... lol And in fact nothing with caffeine or sugar lol! Tongue

See tom, there's your problem!!! you haven't lived if you haven't had a good brew down you! Me and tom here have, finally sussed what's wrong with you Tongue

(02-02-2014, 12:29 PM)Tom Wrote:
(02-02-2014, 01:36 AM)procta Wrote:

Thank you mate, i need someones luck, seems my own isnt enough!

I have been down this route before tom, with mine. So I know what you are going thru. Also once this major hurdle is sorted, you will finally get some more enjoyment and push on with the car! You just need to look at mine, as soon as the "fun and games" was over the car changed for the better, and I tell you its nicer to upgrade stuff, Pulling the car to bits all the time, gets annoying and expensive bits get damaged!
Thanks given by:
What rods you going for Tom? HDi 1s?
Thanks given by:
What rods were in the old engine?
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Think he had HDi 1s
Thanks given by:
Yeah bent hdi ones now lol Might try for some straight ones for this new engine!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
We dont actually know there bent tom.....you may have had another failure yet...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Fair point! Undecided
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Project "KEV"....boosted Mini Piggy 59 18,879 24-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  The boosted 205 rat - pictures and video added (25.09.16) ginge191 134 59,263 21-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Last Post: ginge191