Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END
(04-11-2014, 05:07 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Gonna run Tesco diesel over the winter, comes in at £1.07 a litre with loyalty scheme.

Still expensive over 25ppl and you have to spend in there shop don't you to get the 20ppl off?

Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 05:15 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 05:07 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Gonna run Tesco diesel over the winter, comes in at £1.07 a litre with loyalty scheme.

Still expensive over 25ppl and you have to spend in there shop don't you to get the 20ppl off?

Yeah I shop there anyway, don't get me wrong I love the veg lol, not doing any millage atm so cba fcuking around Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 05:41 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 05:15 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

Yeah I shop there anyway, don't get me wrong I love the veg lol, not doing any millage atm so cba fcuking around Smile

Oh yer if I didn't do mega mileage I wouldn't bother.

Thanks given by:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1378433697
Thanks given by:
That ^^^ needs buying and sticking to your dash Chris lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2014, 06:05 PM)Sambarker Wrote: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1378433697

Nice find! I'll have a bid on that Wink

(05-11-2014, 06:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: That ^^^ needs buying and sticking to your dash Chris lmao

You'll be supprised at the amount of zx related items are on my watch list on ebay, lots of zx badges in red to all sorts of random stuff.

In other news stripped the gt20v down ealier needs a dam good clean out the vanes were very sticky so gonna clean it all up, come to the conclusion if I do control it with a boost can it's gonna have to be gearbox mounted so I can get to it so.I can easily adjust and mess with it to get it just right, all tho I'd prefer to sort out electronic control if possible.

Oh and my wishbone bushes are on there last legs now so definitely need to make powerflex bushes my next thing to buy and ball joints and track rod ends get it all done on one go and tracked up so it don't need to be tracked again.

Thanks given by:
(05-11-2014, 07:45 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(05-11-2014, 06:05 PM)Sambarker Wrote: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1378433697

Nice find! I'll have a bid on that Wink

(05-11-2014, 06:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: That ^^^ needs buying and sticking to your dash Chris lmao

You'll be supprised at the amount of zx related items are on my watch list on ebay, lots of zx badges in red to all sorts of random stuff.

In other news stripped the gt20v down ealier needs a dam good clean out the vanes were very sticky so gonna clean it all up, come to the conclusion if I do control it with a boost can it's gonna have to be gearbox mounted so I can get to it so.I can easily adjust and mess with it to get it just right, all tho I'd prefer to sort out electronic control if possible.

Oh and my wishbone bushes are on there last legs now so definitely need to make powerflex bushes my next thing to buy and ball joints and track rod ends get it all done on one go and tracked up so it don't need to be tracked again.

What about partner bushes?
Thanks given by:
Lifetime guarantee with powerflex rather spend that extra money to know I'm gonna get the guarantee, it does get some hammer so don't think the partner bushes would last that long tbh.

Thanks given by:
Any link to the powerflex's your going purchase? Mine are also on the last legs Sad
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 04:20 AM)clarkey2010 Wrote: Any link to the powerflex's your going purchase? Mine are also on the last legs Sad

I've already ordered them hopefully be here monday, there easy enough to find on ebay but here's links (if they work took them off my purchase history)

Here's the front bush's

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...73&alt=web

And here's the P bush's

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...01&alt=web

Thanks given by:
Certainly not cheap I see lol will probably do what you do and just replace everything up front while I am at

Cheers for the links but you not going for purple Bush?
Thanks given by:
Those front bushes wont fit buddy.
Old design!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 06:59 PM)clarkey2010 Wrote: Certainly not cheap I see lol will probably do what you do and just replace everything up front while I am at

Cheers for the links but you not going for purple Bush?

No gone for the black series...... Because race car Wink

(08-11-2014, 07:22 PM)Piggy Wrote: Those front bushes wont fit buddy.
Old design!

They wanna fit if not they will be getting sent back! Might just be the picture that is old design, what's the difference between designs?

Thanks given by:
new design
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POWERFLEX-SUSP...48605d9e24

much better fitting into both the wishbone and subframe
Thanks given by:
Yeah quite a difference

See my thread on getting powerflex to redesign them for us Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2014, 11:54 AM)306Dan Wrote: new design
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POWERFLEX-SUSP...48605d9e24

much better fitting into both the wishbone and subframe

(09-11-2014, 12:59 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah quite a difference

I see, see what they look like when they come if they don't look right I'll send them back, thanks for heads up.

Thanks given by:

would it make it pointless putting the old style on then? just ive got full powerflex in the garage a year or 2 back so assuming there the old ones
Thanks given by:
Front bushes come this morning look like the new design to me with the rounded of edges?

[Image: DSC_1406_zpsgt1gxnqm.jpg][Image: DSC_1407_zpsqd8kadu4.jpg]

Not sure why there's a gap in the middle of them tho?

Also in other news I've bought the 2.75 inch exhaust system off wibbz on here so that'll complete my exhaust system for the gt20 Smile

Thanks given by:
They are the new design ThumbsUp
Its not just the rounded edges that are different Wink

That gap will dissappear once they are fitted!

Out of curiosity, why did you plump for the black and not the purple?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 10:31 AM)Piggy Wrote: They are the new design ThumbsUp
Its not just the rounded edges that are different Wink

That gap will dissappear once they are fitted!

Out of curiosiity, why did you plump for the black and not the purple?

Because race car...... They arnt much more expensive a couple of quid maybe, why wouldn't you? lol

In other news won that model zx that Sam shown me, so find a way to stick it to dash now Tongue

Thanks given by:
(09-11-2014, 11:45 PM)eskimogod Wrote:

would it make it pointless putting the old style on then? just ive got full powerflex in the garage a year or 2 back so assuming there the old ones

Send pics of them to powerflex...they will send you the replacements for free ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 11:24 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(09-11-2014, 11:45 PM)eskimogod Wrote:

Send pics of them to powerflex...they will send you the replacements for free ThumbsUp

sweet cheers for the info Big Grin and damn you chris for getting that exhaust haha i wanted it!!
Thanks given by:
Don't worry probably won't go on car and be for sale soon no doubt knowing me.

Tbh considering sacking the whole lot off, if my new project of making bio diesel works and I can make it successfully then I'll certainly be giving up and going for something more modern and probably german.

Thanks given by:
New motor come this morning Wink

[Image: DSC_1419_zps53me8pfe.jpg][Image: DSC_1418_zpsnhqlixoe.jpg]

Also p buses come so hopefully get them on soon as its getting quite scary now sort of got a mind of its own!

Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 04:44 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: You run waste veg?

Also pump in a bowl of derv soaking hopefully clean it back up.

Pump look similar but much worse than the one in the corsa. I have pics.
I get my veg from a guy on the veg forum who has been filtering for years and has whole shed dedicated to it.
First time I'd had a problem with any of the cars.
Soaked mine in some waste petrol (been sat in tank for literally years) and the stuff just came off with agitation after a few hours.

Do you heat it up at all before injection?
The corsa had a FPHE on it from a combi.
That too has been settled and flushed through. Less gunk came out of it which was a little surprise since the make up of the FPHE to add turbulence is just asking for settling veg to bake on.
I'm heating to about 70-80C and it does take it toll. Fuel lines become service items. Any passage will get some clog over time. But it works a darn sight better in any weather when the viscosity is closer to derv.

Pump was fine after changing seals.
I'm running on new now as it's 65p and not worth the trip to collect the waste filtered stuff.
Over the last few seasons I've seen the quality of the waste veg get worse as the suppliers are switching to worse oils and more palm. And I fear something is slightly off with the filtering as I was starting to get a lot more drop out even in good weather over summer. - I think there is a move to hot filtering unfortunately.

65p is still getting on for half what the pumps are and you can't buy 300ltr a go on loyalty Smile
Thanks given by:
Not got a heater on mine just 10mm lines to pump all the oil I have currently was off a couple if different people on veg fourm unfiltered and I filter it my self, I've found out what my issue tho wasn't going though enough 1 micron socks now got 3 inside each other, now the oil is crystal clear and very thin probably cleanest oil I've had since being on wvo.

I'm moving on to bio now starting to build a possessor so eventually I can move on to more modern cars.

Thanks given by:
Advice on this

What's it worth

Citroen zx volcane
150,000miles
Mot July/august
Bosch pump
Center silencer converted to back box
Boost gauge
Powerflex black series wishbone bushes
Tow bar
Team heko wind deflectors
Gaz adjustable rear shocks

Needs tlc
Drivers drive shaft inner boot split causes shaking at low speed (new drive shaft with car ready to fit)
Needs tracking (powerflex buses throws it out) brand new track rod ends included with the car.
Knock from arb link 2 arb links included
Body work isn't the best (just bring honest) comes up well with a polish tho.

Can include some brand new adjustable koni shocks. And 40mm lowering springs.

Might be selling due to getting an estate for more room. Be nice to see it keep going but would brake if enough intrest!

Thanks given by:
I'd say £750

But with jobs like driveshaft arb etc done
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2015, 08:35 PM)Sambarker Wrote: I'd say £750

But with jobs like driveshaft arb etc done

Rather sell it with out me having to mess with it, but I will if it means a price like £750.

I was hoping for £600 as it is, if that's fair?

Thanks given by:
Yeah seems a fair price. Retro peugeots/Citroens are doing really strong money at the moment. I'd hope my 305 would be worth close to £2k when finished due to rarity condition and spec
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen zx Volcane DT James 69 31,914 22-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Citroen zx volcane 3 door Chris_90 166 55,021 08-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Paul Baldwin
  Breaking 30-31 August. Citroen ZX Volcane DT Anton 82 28,064 30-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Anton