Joey the VNT boosted 205!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey the VNT boosted 205!
(07-04-2014, 08:11 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(07-04-2014, 06:28 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: Personally if it were me I'd remove the red sticker /trims down the side.
Other than that mate looks good

Or put them inline with the bumper red strip

+1 as does look odd
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20140408_162949_zpsg9wv3rfl.jpg]

Ask and you shall receive... i think its looks a bit bare? Hmm :/ to be honest i cant see if from behind the drivers seat so i dont care Wink Funny how im working nearly 50 hours a week and still find time to wadh the car 2 days in a row haha!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I agree with the others that it looks much cleaner without that red stripe Smile

I barely seem to find time to wash any of my cars once a month at the moment, let alone twice in 2 days Sad
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Reminds me. I've still got to do that tap in the garage for you
Thanks given by:
So today i checked over a few bulbs that wernt working for my mot, also took off all my rear light senses and cleaned them up so hopefully the whole back of the car is a bit brighter now Smile Not that i will ever see it but hey ho. Then i moved onto some important parts, whilst i was sat on my horrible gravelly ass drive i thought why not have another go at that bump stop thats missing, so i cracked out some brake cleaner and a wire brush and cleaned up the remaining stump, then bashed a 12mm 12sided socket over it, and cracked it loose, its genuinely the worst bolt i have ever reused lol. Covered everything in copper grease and refitted.

[Image: 20140409_162009_zpswzn2vo67.jpg]

Then i got the bumpstop itself covered it in grease and wrestled it in. It goes most of the way in then needed a shove with a screwdriver to get it locked in tight! Wiped the excess grease off it and it looks brand new! Might stick the other one in tomorrow so they match...

[Image: 20140409_162708_zpst6ldchrr.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
So today i addressed the indicators that dont self cancel. Had a look at the wheel from underneath and it seems that white "gear" on the steering wheel is spose to mesh with that black pin but i guess indicator stalks are different on the gti's because as you can see mines a bit off...

[Image: 20140411_145557_zpsbrpe6a9h.jpg]

So i pulled the steering wheel off, drilled a tiny hole in the white bit and put half a small nail in the hole with a tiny bit sticking out, havent drove it yet but it turned the indicators off on the drive....

[Image: 20140411_151406_zpsxeirlbv2.jpg]

One more job ticked off the list.

Also stopped off on the way home from work to take some pictures, but as usual photobucket is messing around...

[Image: 20140411_120730_zpsoki5bmcb.jpg]

Thats the best one anyway, sod the other 2!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Somethings very wrong with your steering wheel

You basically need to reset the whole upper column into place.

Some one has sawwed off the tab which cancels the indicator on your wheel and your wheel is sat way too far towards the bulkhead

Indicators are no different from a gti to a base model on a phase 2
Thanks given by:
Jetwashed the bay this evening, had to clean of the remnants of a breather leakage that i thought was an injector leakage because it was all over injector 3!! Looks to be sorted now though, just cleaned it up and re seated the pipe.

[Image: 20140413_203831_zpsriwurbaz.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Got some pressed plates on:

[Image: 20140415_183623_zpsmghk3njc.jpg]

Put a few black screws through the letters, didnt trust the sticky pads on the textured plastic strip.

[Image: 20140415_190349_zpsvl2fanyz.jpg]

Im happy with them Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
This car looks amazing mate. Would be perfect if it had a big petrol turbo engine in there though :p
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2014, 06:51 PM)Niall Wrote: This car looks amazing mate. Would be perfect if it had a big petrol turbo engine in there though :p

Grow up
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2014, 07:00 PM)Sambarker Wrote:
(15-04-2014, 06:51 PM)Niall Wrote: This car looks amazing mate. Would be perfect if it had a big petrol turbo engine in there though :p

Grow up

What got up your arse? (or didn't!?). Its a joke. Chill out.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(15-04-2014, 07:02 PM)Niall Wrote:
(15-04-2014, 07:00 PM)Sambarker Wrote:

Grow up

What got up your arse? (or didn't!?). Its a joke. Chill out.

[attachment=15433]
Thanks given by:
[Image: aacd5387fc0fcce3a2ab27d35c494fe428285f93...acd451.jpg]
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
lmao at the banter

Thanks given by:
These petrol boys just can't help themselves!
Thanks given by:
Looking clean, so what is the actual deal with pressed plates?

suppose you could run a bit of petrol in with veg and please everyone
Thanks given by:
The deal? Um i dont know really, i personally quite like them, my old front one was mounted pointing down and it had a bit broke and chunks sawn off. Back one was fine, just thought pressed ones were an upgrade of sorts...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
meant the legality of them, or lack thereof ...
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2014, 08:17 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: meant the legality of them, or lack thereof ...

There not legal. End of!

However.... Over the past few years a lot of companies have made them with reflective backgrounds and the correct stamps and fonts so you will be fine with them
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
They are definitely mot worthy as long as they have correct backing markings etc. No idea about being legal on the road though. So.etimes mot differs to real life.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
They are legal. 3d lettering on metal is within the guidelines and no, you dont need the makers details on it at the bottom or other bits if its predates a certain date which I cant remember, its around 2001
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2014, 08:58 PM)Piggy Wrote: They are legal. 3d lettering on metal is within the guidelines and no, you dont need the makers details on it at the bottom or other bits if its predates a certain date which I cant remember, its around 2001

http://www.policespecials.com/forum/inde...compliant/

Seems like even the police aren't sure!

Ive heard on other forums that police have pulled people in the past because despite the fact they have "legal" plates, some ANPR cameras can't read them even if they are reflective. I assume the paint they use for the metal ones is slightly different?!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
#canofworms
Thanks given by:
All.i know is I'm allowed to pass them for mot's. I must've had this discussion a hundred times before and no one really knows a definitive answer. I have them on other half's 205 and no one's ever said anything any way
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
This is the best post from Niall's link Wink

Hi,I've read the thread and consider this the best answer, though it too really misses the point, that point being, If a number plate has been through the BS approval process, sold by a DVLA approve supplier and has the relevant info on it . It is UK compliant if its steel plastic or gold. To argue otherwise would require you to show to a court that you know better than the BSI and the DVLA when they allowed it to be approved.. Of course if it hasn't been through the above process its non compliant irrespective of what material it is made of

SO, the very short answer is, if the metal plate has been correctly aproved it its allowed in the UK

Edited by slickmouse, 09 April 2013 - 11:22 AM.

Thanks given by:
Not sure if there legal or no, not to worried down here in Cornwall tbh, the traffic rozzers dont seem to be anywhere near as on it as everywhere else in the country Undecided
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
As far as I'm concerned, providing they match this criteria, they're legal

https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number-pla...ber-plates

"Characters on a number plate can be 3D"

/END OF
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2014, 09:21 PM)Niall Wrote: Seems like even the police aren't sure!

Definitely this! They've changed and amended so many things in recent years that the coppers themselves haven't got a clue the majority of the time. Unless you come across some over-zealous traffic cop on a mission you should be ok.

Try towing something on a dolly and see how long it takes you to get pulled. Same score there. You can get away with it for years BUT meet the wrong copper on the wrong day and it could well be a different story.
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2014, 10:42 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Drums aren't that bad if they're adjusted right. Good job you've got them sorted now Tom Smile

give them a good overhaul and your good to go!

(29-03-2014, 11:19 PM)Tom Wrote: Want some braided hoses now lol, and bigger torsion bars, then who knows!

i am still un sure about braided hoses, as i have read to many stories on the 306 forums, about them failing!

(03-04-2014, 07:26 PM)Tom Wrote: Failed on a f*cking cv boot Sad Some friend ay... Will get one of those tomorrow and maybe fit it tomorrow aswell depends how tired i am after work.

better safe than sorry, might be best to keep an eye on the drive shafts, as the metro was eating cv boots like it was ice cream! i found out that the shafts had play in and were killing the boots. so changed the drive shafts over to better second hand units.
be worth keeping a check on, with it been highly wound up.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Project "KEV"....boosted Mini Piggy 59 18,879 24-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  The boosted 205 rat - pictures and video added (25.09.16) ginge191 134 59,263 21-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Last Post: ginge191