205 D-turbo xud9, banded steels and much more

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 D-turbo xud9, banded steels and much more
Decided to make a start on the interior today putting in the seats out of the cti I had

Also I had a red carpet aswell

Looks so much tidyer now as the old interior was light grey with alot of oil stains as it looks now

Also got a better condition steering wheel to put in and then a little bit of welding then should be good for an motBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate Smile so what boost is it making now? And why issue was it with the pump? Was it just f*cked?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I havent realy driven it properly yet but went for a quick spin down my road and see it go just over 20psi so is boosting alot better now. Not realy to sure what was wrong with the pump I got another one from ozone on here and this one works well lol. Ill strip it down at some point and have a look but yea basically the pump was f*cked lol.
Thanks given by:
Bought a tin of underseal today for once the welding in the boot has been done. Hopefully will be enough for a 205 done my mates mk2 golf today and need to get another tin lol

Thanks given by:
Not much has been happening with this as I jave been working on the s16 and just been busy with other things lol. But today I got some 14 alloys for the 205 only temporary to get the ride height I want and to get it through the mot but I dont think it looks to bad

Thanks given by:
Dont thinknthe alloys look to bad but u cant beat 1900 gti speedlines on a 205
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yea I know what you mean I am going to keep the speedlines but they rub alot atm with the tyres they have on and also I have had to put on some gti hubs to fit my brakes and the tyre comes further out than the arch lol. The plan is to just mot it with these wheels and go from there realy they only have 165/65's on so dint want them on to long lol
Thanks given by:
My speedlines rub, too. I'm running 185 rears and 195 fronts. The rear scrubs on roundabouts and the front does on full lock.
Thanks given by:
My speedlines don't rub at all - ever. 195 all round. Thought that was normal?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Mine don't rub either, are there different hub assemblies for the GTi's/stdt's or something?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
But I have lowered mine a fair bit though the speedlines have 185/55 on them also poodle dont you have a stdt so your arches will give you a bit more clearence.

I had to swap the hubs on the 205 because I changed over to 306 247mm discs and calipers as I had them in the shed and when I put the discs on the hub it wouldnt sit right because it hit the bracket that the caliper bolts on to and the gti hubs stuck out a bit more so the disc would fit on right
Thanks given by:
195/45/15's:

[Image: IMG_1427_zpsecd05296.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1426_zps91b0b230.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1425_zpsf559099a.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1424_zps64d90fb4.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Yea I think I would need some 195 45's of I put 15's back on
Thanks given by:
I've got a 309 rear beam (wider) and banded steels with 175 60 14's and it sprayed really bad at first so I had to roll out the arches. Stock beams should be ok with most wheels depending in the tyres though
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Ah i see, fair enough. I do love the comedy arch gaps on these as standard, didn't realise it was actually cut away further on the stdts/gtis.

Don't think those alloys look bad tbf, something different anyway, which is a nice change.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I really like those current alloys as you say it does make a change from the usual speedlines ect.
People always say I should get speedlines but every other 205 has them now.
Will you be making it to FCS?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Yea these wheels do look better than I thought they would lol. No not going to fcs this year Im working and having to save for my holidaySad definitely next year though and also this will be on the road aswell.
Thanks given by:
Right been working on this the last couple of days with a bit of welding in the boot floor as it was rotten lol.

Also made up a box in the boot where im going to relocate the battery.

Not finished yet with the box but slowly getting there.

Also I now have an exhaust on the car made uo of old bits of pipe I had laying around will do for now but will replace at somepoint

Gave it a lick of paint

On the car

Thanks given by:
love the old 205s :-)
Thanks given by:
Few pics of the gear selector I had to change over to run a 1.9 gearbox for td_dan

The 306 selector that had to be replaced.

The 205 one you need to use. Hope this helps mate.
Thanks given by:
Cheera mate
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Got all the welding done on the boot floor and painted it black.

Next job is to clean all underneath and underseal the whole underside and in the wheelarches then relocate the battery in the boot
Thanks given by:
Been working on this the last couple of days got all the welding done axle off again and painted up to make it look a bit tidyer also got the diesel tank off and undersealed the underneath of the car and rear wheel arches

Just need to wait for it to dry and then put it back together and then I can fo the front end aswell
Thanks given by:
Mmmm love that stuff, it's not the cleanest but does the job and is bloody cheap! I have 5L exactly like yours for the 200 & 205!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
I think you would have to get some more I have done the boot floor where the petty tank is and both rear arches and have used about half a tin lol. Yea its lovely stuff I got it all in my hair all over my hands and face and I cant get it out lol. Was quite well prepared with gloves, sleeves and a hat aswell
Thanks given by:
when you changed the gear selector over, does that shaft not try and drop into the gearbox?
Thanks given by:
No mate I didnt have any issues with the selector dropping down.
Thanks given by:
[Image: ededuny8.jpg]

Not much has been done recently just been sitting outside because my car hasn't been in the garage but as it was a nice day I decided to pull it out and give it a wash came up pretty well. It doesn't need alot for mot just rear axle finishing and bleed the brakes but I am putting 206 266m brakes just waiting on a seal kit then I can rebuild them and put them on.
Once mot'd then the rebuild can begin the list of parts I have to go on.
11mm bosch pump
Hdi conrods
Fmic
Arp headstuds
Spare head

I still need to buy a headgasket and want to get a decent one anyone recommend one?
Thanks given by:
Victor reinz is what I used and a few mates, seem to be well recommended on here
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah victor reinz is what a lot of us use as james said

I got a 3 notch 1 I don't need if your interested?
Thanks given by: