Brakes still not working...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brakes still not working...
Hi guys my 306 has been sat still for the last 4 months and i recently changed the front discs and pads as they knacked, and then as i went to use them the brake pedal goes to the floor slowly, so i changed the master cylinder and have bled the system several times, and still the pedal does the same. When the engine is off if i pump the pedal, after a few pushes it goes solid and stays up but when i turn the engine on it goes to the floor and keeps going to the floor very slowly though, does anyone know what could be going on here??

Many thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
was it a new master cyl or a 2nd hand one ??
sounds like the seals in it have failed either way
Thanks given by:
with a servo, the brake pedal will eventually go down, very slowly...but very very slowly. Is the pedal a soft or hard initially?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2013, 04:28 PM)daddyfixit Wrote: was it a new master cyl or a 2nd hand one ??
sounds like the seals in it have failed either way

second hand but was working when removed :/

(13-01-2013, 04:36 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: with a servo, the brake pedal will eventually go down, very slowly...but very very slowly. Is the pedal a soft or hard initially?

Yeh i did the servo test keep foot on brake pedal turn engine on and the pedal sshould go down to show that the servo is working, but i pump it over and over again to the pedal solid keep my foot on and it just keeps going down to the floor very slowly...:/ but the brakes do lock on full when the pedal is right down to the floor...
Thanks given by:
Master cylinder seal popped internally. happened on my old one when got over vigorous when bleeding brakes lol
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Could it be a leaking vacuum system? Not sure what the vacuum systems for but I think its to do with the brakes!?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
bump*
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2013, 07:10 PM)Ben Wrote: Could it be a leaking vacuum system? Not sure what the vacuum systems for but I think its to do with the brakes!?

Usually opposite happens if vac problem, peddle stays hard and difficult to press iirc

(15-01-2013, 07:01 PM)Kwik Wrote: Master cylinder seal popped internally. happened on my old one when got over vigorous when bleeding brakes lol

answer to your bump....
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2013, 02:41 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote:
(15-01-2013, 07:10 PM)Ben Wrote: Could it be a leaking vacuum system? Not sure what the vacuum systems for but I think its to do with the brakes!?

Usually opposite happens if vac problem, peddle stays hard and difficult to press iirc

(15-01-2013, 07:01 PM)Kwik Wrote: Master cylinder seal popped internally. happened on my old one when got over vigorous when bleeding brakes lol

answer to your bump....

But ive changed the master cylinder it was a second hand one, but would that definitely be the problem?
Thanks given by:
new one is like £70 from euros or gsf......
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by: