Breaking a 306...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking a 306...
Tbh id buy something driveable mate, once you add in the cost of getting someone with a flat bed you'll really eat into your profit.

If you have a good insurance company they really wont charge much to insure an extra car for a day or a week. Think mine is £35 a week usually.
Thanks given by:
If cars are driveable they tend to be more expensive and less worth breaking though.... I'm looking at a Golf for £700 (rear end knock is irrelevant as I dumped the bumper and only got a tenner for tailgate on mine anyway lol) thats gotta be worth £1800 in parts....a better idea than a driveable 306 for ~£500 that you'd only make ~£400 profit on.

My insurance charge £20 a week, but I'm sure theres a limit as to how many times it can be used (otherwise everyone'd just insure a shit car and temp insure a nice car to save money) lol.
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2013, 09:25 AM)Toms306 Wrote: If cars are driveable they tend to be more expensive and less worth breaking though.... I'm looking at a Golf for £700 (rear end knock is irrelevant as I dumped the bumper and only got a tenner for tailgate on mine anyway lol) thats gotta be worth £1800 in parts....a better idea than a driveable 306 for ~£500 that you'd only make ~£400 profit on.

My insurance charge £20 a week, but I'm sure theres a limit as to how many times it can be used (otherwise everyone'd just insure a shit car and temp insure a nice car to save money) lol.

I insured my mates track audi like 10 times throughout the summer for trackdays / when my car was f*cked and they had no problem with it. £15 for the week with admiral.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2013, 10:14 AM)Jake Wrote:
(10-01-2013, 09:25 AM)Toms306 Wrote: If cars are driveable they tend to be more expensive and less worth breaking though.... I'm looking at a Golf for £700 (rear end knock is irrelevant as I dumped the bumper and only got a tenner for tailgate on mine anyway lol) thats gotta be worth £1800 in parts....a better idea than a driveable 306 for ~£500 that you'd only make ~£400 profit on.

I insured my mates track audi like 10 times throughout the summer for trackdays / when my car was f*cked and they had no problem with it. £15 for the week with admiral.

I've used it more than 10 times.....and I've still got over a month left on my 10 month Elephant one lol, but surely there must be a cap eventually...
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2013, 10:36 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(10-01-2013, 10:14 AM)Jake Wrote:

I've used it more than 10 times.....and I've still got over a month left on my 10 month Elephant one lol, but surely there must be a cap eventually...

yeh your wallet Big Grin
Thanks given by:
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motor...1006712376

thats what you want there tom Wink

always need to be on lookout, have cash in drawer and be ready to go get it asap. always works for me
Thanks given by:
tom you better not be wanting to break the 306? buy a shitty golf and break that.
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2013, 11:46 PM)sweeney1987 Wrote: http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motor...1006712376

always need to be on lookout, have cash in drawer and be ready to go get it asap. always works for me

That's a bargain! Get an mot and sort the brakes you can. Easily get a grand for that.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, no chance of something like that coming up locally though. Dodgy

It's not even worth fixing tbh, the petrol gtis don't go for much these days, especially in silver. Would be a good breaker though, as long as condition is alright after all those miles.

The guy that I may have got the HDi from has decided to px it now as he's been offered £750 for it! Not bad considering he was gonna scrap it lol. Ah well, I'll keep my eye out anyway. But just as i thought it was warming up for car work.were aparently gonna get colder weather and snow again. Oh, and its looks like I'll be losing the ground I'd have used as my nan is going into an old lady flat, so that means I'd have nowhere to break/fix another car now. Ever get the feeling everythings against you lol. :roll:
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2013, 02:10 AM)Jake Wrote:
(10-01-2013, 11:46 PM)sweeney1987 Wrote: http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motor...1006712376

That's a bargain! Get an mot and sort the brakes you can. Easily get a grand for that.

to be fair youd probably make more breaking it and have less hassle too.
alloys, recaro seats and front end panels all make good money..
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2013, 08:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Hmm, no chance of something like that coming up locally though. Dodgy

It's not even worth fixing tbh, the petrol gtis don't go for much these days, especially in silver. Would be a good breaker though, as long as condition is alright after all those miles.

The guy that I may have got the HDi from has decided to px it now as he's been offered £750 for it! Not bad considering he was gonna scrap it lol. Ah well, I'll keep my eye out anyway. But just as i thought it was warming up for car work.were aparently gonna get colder weather and snow again. Oh, and its looks like I'll be losing the ground I'd have used as my nan is going into an old lady flat, so that means I'd have nowhere to break/fix another car now. Ever get the feeling everythings against you lol. :roll:

it is a nightmere tom, my mate has a council garage. we talked about breaking a car in there. but we would get grassed and plus the place hasnt got any power.
shame a lockup can be a bit pricey!
Thanks given by: