Leemus's pride and joy Sooty :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leemus's pride and joy Sooty :D
Body Work
Respray Back In Pirates Black (purple tint) Blended into Panther Black (green tint)
Smoothed Rear Bumper
Side Skirts Smoothed In
Side Strips Smoothed On
Sprinter Style Vents In Front Wings
Roof Arial Removed And Smoothed Over
De Locked
De Handled
Boot Smoothed
Rear Lights Removed And Smoothed Over
LED Rear Lights
Mirrors Smoothed Over And Smoothed In
Carbon Fibre Fuel Trims
One off Smoothed Carbon Bonnet
One off Badge less Bonnet Bra
Smoothed Front Bumper
Smoothed Front Grill
Morrettes with inner n/s light replaced with white air intake duct
Chequered Roof Sprayed On With Satin Black Pinstrip
Xsara Mist Washer Jets
Aero Wiper Blades
Window Wind Deflectors
Indicators Tinted

Interior
Chequered Tax Disk Holder
Boost Gauge In Air Vent

Brakes and Suspension
307 2.0 HDI Front Callipers and carriers
EBC Turbo Grooved and Drilled Discs 307 2.0 HDI 302mm Front Discs
EBC Turbo Grooved and Drilled Discs 306 GTI 248mm Rear Discs
EBC Green Stuff Pads All Round
HAVAIR stage 2 air ride system with wireless remote
Gaz Front struts with air bags
Gaz Gold Adjustable Rear Shock Absorbers
Lowwered Rear Beam
OMP Strut Brace Powder Coated White

Wheels
16" Compomotive TH1680 Wheels Powder Coated White
Black Compomotive Center Caps
10mm Spacers
40mm Chrome Peugeot Wheel Bolts

Engine
Forge Motorsport Front Mounted Intercooler
Dump valve
Tuning Box
ECU Conversion
InductionKit
Uprated Paddle Clutch
Full Exhaust System

Power
BHP: 136.4BHP/247LB FT
1/4 Mile: 15.492

Thanks to
Wheels - wheelrefurbishing.com
Paintwork - LA Paintworks
Engine - Derv Doctor
Air - HAVAIR

Future Plans
Supra Dash
Digital Dials
Porche 988 Front Seats
Tidy Up Engine Bay

Achievements
French Car Show - Top 25 - 2011
Ciney, Belguim - Inside Show Car - 2011
Tuned Sensations 6, Belgium - Top Cleaned - 2011
AHOY, Rotterdam - Top 5 car voted online to go inside - 2011 (didn't end up going)
USC - Accer8's Stand - 2011
TRAX - Fast Cars Stand - 2011
Top Tuning Show, Luxemburg - Top 10 - 2011
Ciney, Belguim - Inside Show Car - 2012
AHOY, Rotterdam - Inside show car - 2012
TRAX - Power and Style Awards - 2012
Mittelhessen - Top 10 - 2012

How I Brought The Car

[Image: 0b09e824.jpg]
[Image: 514cbb14.jpg]
[Image: 58d8878c.jpg]
[Image: 6926468c.jpg]
[Image: c2e134e9.jpg]

Brought the car for £2200, everything seamed good part from bumpers were pealing bad and remote locking and rev counter didn't work. Apart from the chequered roof and engine work everything else i changed/redid. Changed all the brakes and suspension. Got the wheels powder coated white instead of the diamond cut, painted the rear bumper and got the front smoothed alone with the smooth grill and morrettes. Soon to be fitted will be the smoothed Carbon bonnet and smoothed grill. (bonnet was a one off and as far as im aware the only smoothed carbon bonnet ever made for a 306) I had to change alot like the anti roll bar links, a few brake lines, a hub and a track rod end. Im pretty sure the difs gone so trailering it to a friend who will be fixing it hopefully in the next 2 or 3 weeks. Owned this about 3 months now and apart from the test drive i haven't drove it so cant wait to get it on the road. Smile/>

urm paintwork isnt to bad, could do with 2 new wings as theres a little bit of paint flacked off the edge and started to rust and could do with a new think passengers door as ts been repaired it the past and you can see the repair although not to bad, but wanting a new colour just not quite sure what yet
[Image: 414649fb.jpg]
[Image: 0d34ca8b.jpg]
[Image: 5cdd2514.jpg]
[Image: 00330274.jpg]
[Image: 269015b9.jpg]

So Carbon Bonnet is here just need to drill holes out for washer jets, this alone with the smoothed grill and front bumper wont be fitted until the cars finished on the 21st just so they stay mint while works being done on it.
Fitted my new engine cover months today so i thought i would take a few pictures.

Carbon Bonnet
[Image: b842b0a4.jpg]
Closeup of bonnet
[Image: 6cdb4bc5.jpg]
My wind deflectors
[Image: 06e4bf92.jpg]
Chequered Dust caps
[Image: 7bd05e2e.jpg]
wheels
[Image: 6a37b7fc.jpg]
My Chip in my freshly painted bumper Sad/> (dropped the locking wheel nut key on it)
[Image: 1a078740.jpg]
Boost Gauge in air vent
[Image: 22302d52.jpg]
Engine Cover
[Image: fc367368.jpg]
Engine with strut brace not attached
[Image: 825960d0.jpg]
Front with no bumper
[Image: 67bc0132.jpg]
Front with no bumper bonnet down
[Image: f267d0ad.jpg]

Im going to get my wheel bolts and strut bolts down in black so ill fit the strut brace once thats done then thinking of what to do about engine bay, theme is white black and carbon Smile/>
Cant believe when i was putting the wheel brace away in the boot i forgot the locking wheel nut key was on it and it had to slide out onto my freshly painted bumper Sad/>
Got a badge less bonnet bra being made should be here within the next 2 weeks that will go on to the bonnet to protect it and to cover up a very small bit where the carbon sunk so the extra lacquer has gone misty

Bit off a update.....

Got my car back a few days ago back from Jtec. He did a service changed n/s hub and track rod end, did the tracking, bleed the brakes and replaced the cambelt and water pump. Did get it back a week late but due to insuance, tax and contact issues. Drives really good although a bit bumpy Tongue/>

Fitted my carbon bonnet and bonnet bra which was easy (still gotta drill out holes for washer jets) need to get a new bonnet release catch as its hard as to shut it. then went with ben to collect my bumper from LA. Fitted it there (did use most of there tools Tongue/> ) looks sweet as drove home and my morrette indicator popped out n chipped it 30min after fitting the bumper Sad/>

Then did a little photoshoot last night nothing to good but its alright

[Image: IMG_0275.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0282.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0276.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0266.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0271.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0234.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0232.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0230.jpg]

[Image: f670cde2.jpg]
[Image: d15c657f.jpg]
[Image: 15f46d73.jpg]
theres the chip in the front bumper where the indicator of the morete came out Sad/>

Anyways pictures are old and some of you might of seen them on my Facebook but heres some pictures i took by mine, car wasn't clean (can tell on rear shots) but was only to test my camera out

[Image: IMG_0385.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0387.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0393.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0394.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0396.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0398.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0399.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0400.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0401.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0404.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0406.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0408.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0412.jpg]

Heres the Pictures from london photoshoot, was a good night although following the convoy was a bitch, lucky indy was in front of me with sat nav.

At the end of the photoshoot went to go home and apparently my clutch release bearing went so had no clutch all the way home, had to bump the car to start and couldn't downshift at all so at every light or every tight corner i had to stop turn car off and start again which was a bitch. Cars getting looked at on wed by jtec when he's back from hol.

[Image: IMG_0668.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0665.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0663.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0662.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0661.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0659.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0652.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0650.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0642.jpg]

Update!!!
Car had new clutch/clutch release bareing and lowwer ball joints done by Jtec, does need a new clutch cable tho as mines stretched but as it already missed the date to take it to la i took it there and ill get the cable done after its finished

Few pictures after 4 days of it being at LA paintworks
[Image: fbf94def.jpg]
[Image: 68861055.jpg]
[Image: 33ec1c69.jpg]
[Image: 267f8c19.jpg]

Rear bumper is smoothed aswell but didnt take a picture of that, Car should be ready around the end of the month depending on parts arriving

Forgot to post these up bout a week old. Haven't seen the car since but should be going in paint soon just waiting on parts from german to arrive before it can go into primer
Have brought some bucket seats out of a classic car for a bargain price of £256.... Will get the backs sprayed up and the seats retrimed but ill keep what seats the are a secret for now Tongue/>
[Image: 3b8835c4.jpg]
[Image: 15ecb5c0.jpg]
Does look very weird without lights but look alot better once bumpers on and its sprayed up

heres some more pictures cars being polished up as we speak and then roofs beings sprayed up. the wing did have 3 pin pricks of white in so the wings getting redone but part from that geting along nicely.... should be ready mid week part from rest of alarm/door pops, rear lights wired up and rear numberplate relocated somewhere which hopefully will all be done sat...
[Image: 2cced9b2.jpg]
[Image: 7ac85978.jpg]
[Image: 3a7b2ac4.jpg]
[Image: 5ee586b2.jpg]
[Image: 5628d91f.jpg]
[Image: a253cdcb.jpg]
[Image: bd352813.jpg]
[Image: df2f9160.jpg]
[Image: 80bf28b5.jpg]
[Image: 63b3c679.jpg]
[Image: b12dfd1d.jpg]
[Image: cd239903.jpg]
this is were the indicators are going....
[Image: 150cc817.jpg]
back of the car has hint of purple as below
[Image: ffe08724.jpg]
front of car has hint of green as below pictures don't do it justice tho
[Image: d0d38330.jpg]

[Image: d03947ff.jpg]
[Image: 19b1f029.jpg]
[Image: 83c6997d.jpg]
[Image: f3ec656a.jpg]
[Image: fdada0aa.jpg]

Got car back from LA about 26 hours before i needed to leave for Belgium and it needed a M.O.T...... Got the M.O.T done sat morning filled it up and managed to get to Belgium and back pay for ferry and entrance for show for £32 each (4 people) Bargain!!!!!
Here sooty.... only a quick photoshoot and no editing as im to lazy, need to wait for sun to come out properly and muck around with the camera to get the best outer the paint.
[Image: IMG_0893.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0895.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0899.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0903.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0906.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0907.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0910.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0913.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0922.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0930.jpg]

Just had my pictures back from rob and im well impressed Big Grin/> also thank to danny for helping cleaning my car and big thanks for the twat in the dog van calling the police for "racing down the a505 while filming" even know i didnt even go on the a505, all i di was block his way uring the photoshoot for 30sec TWAT!!!!
Anyways here are the photos, was a bit cloudy and as police turned up sun way going down so we were having trouble taking a picture of the true colour (green fron purple back) but rob did a good job Smile/>
[Image: IMG_0590.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0596-Edit.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0609-Edit.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0612-Edit.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0633.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0646.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0654-Edit.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0656.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0671-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0682.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0690.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0704.jpg]

Havent really done a update so fort id say a little something with a few pictures

Went to mod natts doing our stand proud and although i spent most of the weekend at our stand i missed this
[Image: high_20.jpg]
Was a good show shame we didnt come first again but least we got something to improve on bring on 2012!!!! also was alot quiter than last year hopefully its alot busyer next year. My car did get sctrached aswell done one side. to deep to get out but could of been worse. Havent got money to put it right so might just leave it....
[Image: modified_nationals_2011_pictures154.jpg]

Weekend after i went to FCS (french car show) with ashby and gav. on the way up basicly a comet his my windscreen haha and did this [Image: db7220bd.jpg]

heres the car in the top 25 at FCS Smile/>
[Image: IMG_1584.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1563.jpg]
theres gav posing on my car haha

[Image: 6d964043.jpg]
136.4BHP
below vid of my smoke.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFwlRcAiML0

Right lil update Smile/>
First off i won best cleaned car at tuning sensations - Belgium 2011
[Image: 925af015.jpg]

Also thos who dont no here are seats that will be trimmed and no doubt hardbacks done in Carbon Wink/>
[Image: e05f1bc9.jpg]

And today these just turned up
First off my digital dials Wink/>
[Image: 15bac3cd.jpg]

and my photo thing i find for £9 so fort why not lol
[Image: 295da1b9.jpg]

Now plans are highdrolics by 2012 show season
Interior completely redone by 2013 show season
Wanna take my time on interior and get it perfect than rush it for 2012 show season

Also could people vote 5 stars on my car for chance to enter it at 100% tuning in Rotterdam
http://www.ahoytuning.nl/foto.cfm?action...28&start=1

Some of you might no i went to luxembourg last week for there international motor show. Went for 4 days 840mile road trip, about about 12 hours of driving in total, was a very long weekend but was worth it. I was in the top tuning section and managed to get in the top 10 Big Grin/>. Battery went flat twice but lucky the people round me spoke some english and kimberley and Jurgen lent me a battery charger for the night and then Dimitri lent me jump leads as we left the show. Some amazing cars out there and gave me plenty of ideas Wink/>
[Image: 56b2062f.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2628.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2639.jpg]

Car will pretty much stay away until march time but will be doing a few little touches for next show season....
- Replace/fix drivers seat belt (pre tensioner is stuck so won't extended or retract, luckily its perfect to drive with)
- Fit new door pops as passengers done have one and borrowing drivers of martinR
- Service and clean engine bay
- Camber all round -3 or -4 depending what can be done to front and rear....
- If money alloys air/hydro's
- Might start doing some small touches to interior, ideal was getting it all custom but as thats put back a year or two might do something myself
- Sort dump valve out
- Replace Fule pressure regulator
- Replace rear shocks to gaz gold (currently Koni and solid as!)

Bit of a update.....

So over the next few months this is what I'm going to be doing......... Supra dash and door cards, digital dials, porsche hardback seats and a few other bits. The supra dash is a few inches to long but after some cutting and bonding should be able to get it to fit pretty good. The dash itself is a old style but with some smoothing and some new equipment in there should bring it up to date. Depending on money to finish it i want it finished by HOW but if not BHP or Mod nats. Doubt ill be able to afford to retrim the seats until just before mod nats anyways

[Image: 403275_10150530478554145_503934144_89062...1396_n.jpg]
[Image: 4fe8cc22.jpg]
[Image: 15bac3cd.jpg]
[Image: e05f1bc9.jpg]

UPDATE!!!!!

Last weekend me and luke went round pugmes house. was meant to be a audio weekend i think but we ended up wiring up pugme's dials and doing pugme's splitter and cutting my dashes apart.

[Image: 23537fce.jpg]
Firstly me and luke removed the inner dash which is basically the heater funnels and top mounting points. Consisted in using a screw driver and a hammer to prise away at the melted tabs.

[Image: 9364ba3d.jpg]
Then we cut away all the bottom half of the outer dash and kept the sides
After that we decided that we didn't need the sides as I'm going to use the supra dash sides so chopped them away and also lost a lot more of the dash so it is basically just the top section (everything from the top glove box across was chopped out but forgot to take a picture.

[Image: f2ecb5de.jpg]
We then stripped the supra dash of what wasn't needed, glove box,speakers and a few other things

After that we cut the top of the dash from were the speaker holes are all the way following the line across but kepted the side. Once that was done we cut straight down the dash around the middle of the glove box then cut again 70mm over. After we had taken the 70mm width of the dash out we then screwed it togeth for a temp fix just to get idea if any more needs to be cut out. I didn't take any more pictures but will take some of what we were left with when i get the chance.

I just put the dash in the 306 quickly and looks like it has to come out quite far to work but not to far as i wouldn't be able select any gears. It was hard to tell but looked like the dash has either got a lot more to cut out or a very slight bit of the side has to be cut out then the sides bend inwards for it to fit.... Really i need one or two people to hold it in place so i can take some photos and decide where to go from now....

Big thanks to pug me and luke for guiding me where to go, and before luke says he did all the work not once did i say can you do as i can't (like danny Wink/> ) he picked up the power tool and did most the work by choice.

Had to park on the road to open both doors of my donor car so took a few cheeky shots of the dog leg up Wink/>
[Image: ba6f1725.jpg]
[Image: c8967ca1.jpg]

So this morning (why do we always work on cars when its freezing outside) Pugme came round to give me a hand on where to go next on this. What we did is remove the left section of the supra dash (released its still to long) and concentrated on the main bit of the dash. We put the inner bit of the 306 dash in place as well as the windscreen part of the 306 dash in. After putting the supra dash in we released some bits needed to be chopped off for it to sit far enough back. After about 5 attempts of putting it in cutting a bit more we screwed it one half of it down into the inner dash so it say without holding it down. The right hand side needs to side back a little and the left hand side needs to come out a little but we got it roughly were it needs to be. i can select gears ok although have to be careful not to slam into gear and smack the dash. Only issue i might have is not seeing all of the dials as the dash will cover my view. i could tilt it so i got a better view but that means not being able to select any gears. Also the steering wheel will no doubt hit the dash but with a after market one with a boss it should come out far enough to eliminate that problem.
Next step is to strip the dash of all the foam/material (over a inch thick in some places) and plastic weld all the inner plastic from behind the all the trim around the steering wheel as most of it is broke. Im going to cut all the area by the glove box pout and just have the main bit of the dash and the left side. then pug me and make some wooden curved plates to make up the left cent ion of the dash. Once that is done is the "simple" task of trying to posisiting the right half perfectly and joining it to the back of the 306 part. The mirroring the left side and joining that to the 306 back part. then just have to fill the gap between.
[Image: 3a4921af.jpg]
[Image: 8bbf291c.jpg]
[Image: 95e5dacf.jpg]

Bit of a random update of what I've done over the last week or so....

First of the dash.... I removed all the foam and leatherette so it was just the plastic and ended up having the main part of the dash in 3 bits as it was broke under the padding which was holding it together. The main skeleton of the dash which holds all the dash trim and dials etc has snapped in about 5 places aswell so before i do any more i need to plastic weld everything back to where it is then go from there. Below is a pic of how thick the foam was in certain places.
[Image: 45745fc8.jpg]

Ive always new my drivers side intercooler pipe was grassed a bit and had oil dripping out every now and then. It was running 15psi still so just left it and drove it round for a year..... So last week i thought id remove the bumper and take off both the intercooler pipes and replace them lucky i did as they were both grassed quite bad and one had a split in it and looked like this.....
[Image: 349c3ec8.jpg]
[Image: 8872709b.jpg]

While i was replacing these i took the intercooler off and gave it a clean with some brake cleaner. I also gave under the engine a good old clean. I took a photo of it after i put most of the engine degreaser on so it looks a lot cleaner that what it was. Basicly from around the middle to the drivers side was cacked black. I think this might all be from the split intercooler pipe but not 100%. I then pressure washed all the engine. While doing it tho i did get engine de greaser and oil in my eye to mu surprised didn't even sting :S. If the car was on a 4 poster ramp i would of gave it a proper clean but to be honest i did a naff job of it.
[Image: b45839b5.jpg]
[Image: 69157c27.jpg]

I brought these off Gunge. Brake fluid steering cover, Battery cover (with OEM cover), Fuse box cover, ECU cover (with OEM cover) and power steering cover. All metal in orange which i will be getting done no doubt white along with my engine cover over the next few months. I was after a battery cover for agesssss so had to buy these. Buy after i got them released the ecu and battery cover will no fit as i haven't got a ecu or battery box so i will have to invest in one of them for them to fit.
[Image: ec5f64a6.jpg]

Finally as today was a nice day i spent 3 hours cleaning my car. Gave it a good clean, polished it, polished the windows in and out, gave it a hoover and got rid of all the crap, even cleaned all the shuts and some engine bits. I will give the wheel a proper clean another day. take them off and clean the whole wheel aswell as wax and seal them. Forgot to clean the exhaust tho and haven't got any KFC wipes for them (swear by them) Rear bumper is scratched where it was mega windy just before christmas i think and a bin fell on it, also front bumper has a big chip in the side from where someone/thing hit it on the drive christmas eve/christmas day and also is scratched from where it fell off in the wind when i was removing the bumper and had to sign for a parcel for across the road tut. Sometime during this year will be grill headlines and maybe both bumpers resprayed but not for the time being.
[Image: 8ee5a78d.jpg]

Right big update time!!!!!!

I ended up buying a gti6 ex show car for its interior. I took everything out apart from the dash and headlining out and swapped it all over with sootys interior. Took ages to do as there was so much wiring with all the audio so all the carpets and padding had to be taking out and all the wire's routed properly. Took me 5 days of working 5 hours on the car and 9 hours at work aswell as a few hours sat morning before cleaning it and driving to the cleaned uk meet at ace cafe then onto southend that night. I was shattered but worth it in the end.

Heres a couple of picture of the wiring in the gti6. head unit had a brain aswell so a lot more wiring....
[Image: 9a7cda8c.jpg]
[Image: 2ccdea33.jpg]

Heres the new interior in sooty although not the easiest interior to take pictures off. The interior will be getting retrimmed and the audio side of it replace for non chrome/flames audio as I'm not a fan at all. Will be changed a bit but the layout will be roughly the same.
[Image: b0f7f0e3.jpg]
[Image: 54a9bd59.jpg]
[Image: 09eea7f0.jpg]
[Image: 4cf25e21.jpg]
[Image: 265e4bca.jpg]
[Image: e3d3fc06.jpg]

Monday after i went to ace cafe with sooty and my gti6 which my mate lea was boring for 2 weeks. If anyones interested in the gti6 its up for sale for £1500 which is a bargin. Got steel wide arches and skirts. Front bumper needs fixing/replacing and pass wing needs painting. more info will be up soon about this
[Image: 841414d7.jpg]
[Image: d43de5dc.jpg]

Last friday i went to get my car mot'ed and before that i went to shane's to clean the car. Went to mot station and they drove the car into the workshop. Last year they took it in slow and carefully went round a bit of metal on the floor which the door slides on as it sticks up by around 2 inches. this year it was a different person driving it into the garage and although he didn't do on purpose drove straight in not thinking it would catch on the metal sticking up. my centre exhaust clamp hit the metal which in turn took the exhaust straight off and ending up with my bumper nearly snapping off completely in front of my eyes. The car was no beached so we had to jack it up with a air jack and pull the exhaust out and then drive it in. They attached the exhaust back on with a new clamp and cable tied the pass side top mount hole so the bumper was secured. The bumper wasn't as bad as i though it was i don't think. Theres a small hole where the exhaust bracket went through the bumper and on the underneath theres a 2inch crack left of the exhaust cutout. Rest of it just looks like the paint has cracked rather than the bumper itself. Need to strip all the paint off and no doubt a small coat of filler aswell. Every led will need to be replaced tho so 108 new one to be wired in. To make my bad day even worse it failed the mot on a track rod end and both anti roll bar drop links which where new a year ago aswell as a fuel leak. The next day i was going Belgium for HOW so i ended up leaving sooty in the UK and jumping in shane's astra instead.

The chunks of paint missing was me picking it off to see if it was just the paint cracked or the bumper aswell but looks just paint.
[Image: f76022bb.jpg]
[Image: a15b0924.jpg]
[Image: 76ab3c28.jpg]

Heres the bit of metal that is sticking out which the exhaust caught on. (apparently it doesn't stick up and is flat.......)
[Image: df537a90.jpg]
[Image: 3e56a335.jpg]

Getting the car fixed and mot'ed at a different station even tho i will have to pay again. Waiting on quote for bumper fix/repaint which i know won't be cheap due to the lights. then handing over to the garage which won't be easy getting them to pay 100% of it. Hoping the bumper will be done for BHP on 7th may.

Today my battery box turned up. As i posted a while back i brought some engine covers which are orange atm. The battery and ecu lids wouldn't fit and theres nothing for it to clip onto so i sore this on ebay and brought it. Hopeing its a easy mod to do should be ok then i can start putting all the covers on and deciding what colour to do. Thinking white but also thinking carbon or airbrushing of some sort.
[Image: ee3c0acd.jpg]

As i posted before my rear bumper was damaged by the mot station. 2 months later its finally getting sorted. bumper was cracked in 2 places and all 108 L.E.D's are being replace. Same design as last time but the the very inner line each side will become a fog light to make it legal Wink/> in the future i was going to get the front resprayed but as its already at L.A.Paintworks i decided to get it done now. This consists off front bumper, headlights, grill, scuttle panel, wiper arms aswell as all the wholes in the slam panel which wasn't being used smoothed over and painted. Also got my 5 gallon air tank painted white ready for when i get air in a week or 2's time. The rear 1/4 was getting painted to as there was some damage there.
[Image: ffac819d.jpg]
[Image: 9d6158b4.jpg]
[Image: dad4849a.jpg]
[Image: 7ccf1859.jpg]
[Image: e8d6c208.jpg]
[Image: b0a8a793.jpg]
[Image: 0f59024b.jpg]
[Image: 7970fe98.jpg]
[Image: a9204e31.jpg]

Also as i got a fuel leak and the front end was in bits i decided to get engine degreaser and coat the engine with it then jet wash it down. As this was at the body shop i used there airline to blow all the water sitting in all the little places in the block. as you can see below there was a lot of buildup of fuel/oil there. Least now it makes it a lot easier to find the leak. Im thinking its the high pressure fuel pump or a t piece just above it although not 100% yet.
[Image: 4c78c273.jpg]

heres 2 rolling shots when we were convoying to HOW - Belgium 2010
[Image: 546464_311542905595611_100002197112143_7...9333_n.jpg]
[Image: 581069_311540005595901_100002197112143_7...9550_n.jpg]

small update nothing special tho....
Got car back for modified nationals looking sweet as! Cruise herts did a pacman theme which we came won 2nd best club stand Smile/> Heres a few photos from there.
[Image: Modified-Nationals-2012-pictures-Mod-Nats-34-1.jpg]
[Image: 542970_10150904040774145_2005548355_n.jpg]
[Image: 575871_10150925077029145_783755688_n.jpg]
[Image: 543235_10151780967905694_1317183577_n.jpg]

Last weekend i went to French car show and was lucky enough to do 2 laps of the track for a parade lap for the 306 stand. Admittedly my car cut out 4 times in the 2 laps haha. I've got a fuel leak so the pressure/lack of fuel when i boot it makes the car cut out. This week sooty is going to a diesel specialist to try and fix it as i can't find the leak tut
[Image: 468776_10150933384704145_79359029_o.jpg]
[Image: IMG_9384.jpg]
[Image: 599254_10150933381149145_967261692_n.jpg]
[Image: 196119_10150933384309145_2048344401_n.jpg]

Then just a random shot from beds cruise
[Image: 283764_10150828408767242_228775363_n.jpg]

Car will be going Ciney in Belgium at the weekend then hopefully straight in for air ride. Then its either brand new interior or retrim and slight change to current ready for Mittelhessen tuning show in Germany.

Little update nothing to special tho.
Ive went to Ciney in Belgium a few weeks back and was lucky enough to get inside again but missed out in the top 15 which i was a bit gutted seen as a standard Citroen 2vc got in top 15 :S Was a amazing weekend tho as always there, such a laugh. and what the lack in nightlife clubbing wise they make up in burnout comp's haha. Scott T was a laugh with his ghost busters water pistol until the locals ended up ripping it out of his hands and breaking it as they had enough of getting wet all the time haha
[Image: 468889_10150959587199145_587505054_o.jpg]
[Image: 483135_10150959508994145_1117910159_n.jpg]

To Ciney i did 660miles return trip at 52mph with a fuel leak which i was impressed. after that i went to a diesel specialist which i had to wait a week for a appointment. He had a quick look under the bonnet to decide if it had to go on a ramp or not. After revving it a few time we spotted the leak and released it was coming from the fuel rail. Found out that all the nuts were not even tight. (about 6 nuts) also that one of the high pressure fuel pipes was cabled tied on which was meant to be pressured at 2bar. luckily it was a quick and cheap fix and not the high pressure fuel pump which i thought it was. No leak now and dose not cut out when i put my foot to the floor so I'm happy Smile/>

The other day while i was at Cruise Herts local meet my "friend" kidnapped sooty from my car which i didn't relies till i checked Facebook the other day and found this! A recuse mission is being made to save sooty!
[Image: 338738_10151087130275429_1497641281_o.jpg]

Im still waiting for my sound deadening before i can go in for air. Ive been debating to make a custom interior or just retrim and slightly change the new interior i just got. Saving time and money would be to keep my interior and put the tank under the car as there isn't room anywhere else. As I've gone for the 5 gallon tank instead of the standard 2/3 tank I've just measured it and its to long to fit under the car as it will hit the exhaust and the rear beam mounts. It now looks like new interior so Darren will be happy as he wanted to do it. The question now is as I've got a few big shows do i go with half a interior and air, or stay static and keep my interior until after show season.... On the plus I've found some wheels, just waiting on specs to see if they can make them the spec i want.

today i split my porsche seats apart. Im wanting to get the backs done in carbon dip and as I'm picking my mate up at the dipping place monday as he's getting loads of bits done to his fiesta i thought why not take my bits down at the same time and get a quote. I originally was going to drop them off to get done but as i want a few other things done id rather do it all at once s it will work out cheaper Smile/> Heres a few photos of my breaking it down. first seat took about a hour to do, other seat took 10mins. Im pretty sure the drivers one has been apart before as some of the clips are broke and the foam is a little torn on one side.
[Image: DSCF0938.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0939.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0940.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0941.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0942.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0943.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0944.jpg]

I decided to clean the car aswell as i might be going Belgium tomorrow or devon for modified mania or neither. its 7:30pm and i still haven't decided haha. As i got pulled at MK cruise last sunday and to a £60 fine for numberplate in the window i decided to put the stick on plate I've had laying around for months on my bonnet. The idea is drive without a bonnet bra so plate is shown then put the bra on at a show/cruise which hides it.
[Image: DSCF0945.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0946.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0947.jpg]

And one of me when police fined me :|
[Image: 82b1974a.jpg]

A few weeks ago i soldered the dash back together as it broke into a few pieces, so a few days ago i set about straightening the places that it broke with some fibreglass. I didn't get to the best starts as i put the dash on the floor then carried the 25Kg tub of resin out of the car and caught the dash braking it into 3 pieces haha. The dash is now in one piece and should be strong enough to manhandle into place haha. one of the joins is quite thin so i might need to strengthen that up a bit. Today before i get to into this i started to test fit it to see if i need to cut any more and if anything was in the way. This was very hard to do with one pair of hands, ended up using some selotape and some car bits to prop it into place. Where i got it seamed to be straightest and centred. There are a few small problems tho. Its hard to tell without a seat but i think i wont be able to see the speedo at all and although i can change gear, into 1st and 3rd i come very close to hitting the dash. If i tiled the dash back more i could see the dial but not be able to change gear. Im thinking of cutting the dash so i sits further back which i can do about 2/3inches before i hit anything, the only thing there is i might lose some of the dome at the back of the dash. Ideally i need a friend to come round give me a few ideas and help me and its to hard by myself lining everything up. Im pretty sure i might have to relocate the ignition barrel. it fits perfectly in the supra hole but means i got to make some kind of casing so it is fix. As for heaters I'm thinking of just having the windscreen blower and thats it. I've already got the back half of the 306 dash in place for that. at the moment making new vents is easy but have the air get to them might be a bit tight. Ive also got to leave enough room for the door cards to fit. Passengers side shouldn't be a issue but to keep the shape of the drivers side might be hard. at the moment there is room without a door card but with a supra one I'm not 100%. Anyways here are a few photos
[Image: DSCF0948.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0949.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0950.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0951.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0952.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0953.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0954.jpg]

I did start to fibreglass my headliner as I'm thinking of painting it. Ive done one layer but looking at it today its slightly twisted. it bend back into shape easy but i need to try and straighten it back into shape before putting more layers on.

Had a amazing weekend in germany last weekend for [size="2"]Mittelhessen Tuning Show. 1006.9miles by myself there and back and at a pretty good 56.7MPG haha[/size]
[size="2"]I had hour and half sleep before leaving 10pm sat night, and drove all the way there and got there about 9:30am in boiling hot weather, so hot in fact that i had a coolant leak. My car overheated without me knowing, lucky someone pointed out a leak coming from my car as i parked up. After popping the bonnet open i realised coolant overflowing and coming from the cap. After waiting for it to cool down i took the cap off and found quite a bit of gunk Sad/> straight away i thought head gasket. I filled the rad up with water to see if it was leaking from anywhere else and it all seamed fine but after the engine was on for about 30min it started to overflow again. ill get back to the show in a bit but just as i was about to leave i drove about 200meters to the tap to fill 2 bottles up with water, popped the bonnet again to check and the rad cap was off and lucky got caught in the engine bay but the rubber seal was missing. looked everywhere for it but couldn't find it. i put the cap back on but it was so loose it would of came off straight away. 500miles away from home and no breakdown cover aboard, things wernt looking up. After talking to the show organisers one helped me out and put some kitchen roll round the cap and putting shit loads of duct tape to hold it down. I managed to get all the way home trouble free so head gasket must be fine and i must of just blown the seal to the rad cap so a quick easy cheap fix luckily. Another bit of bad news is as it was so frigging hot, as i started to clean my car there just under the headlight on the front bumper it started to sink, by the awards it cracked. But that will get sorted soon when lee is back from holiday at L.A.Paintworks. filler was fine all English summer but that heat was to extreme! [/size]
[size="2"]Anyways back to the show. Got there and the section i was in (the top selected car) was amazing, ive been to alot of shows in Belgium and starting to see the same cars all the time, most of the cars where new to me and just wow, attention to detail was so high. After a amazing day there in what seamed close if not higher than 40deg (was sweating in the shade!) it was time for the awards. I dunno how i managed it but i got a trophy for top 10 selected car and apparently i easily got an award.... Out of all the shows ive been in this is the only show i thought id never had a chance to win something, the bar was set so high im just glad my car was a hit there. Anyways heres a few shots of my car there, my trophy and my duct tape haha. Trophy is amazing! 3rd one now and 3/5 of my goal which is to get a trophy in 5 different countries Smile/>[/size]
[Image: 562029_3934270029965_1794861447_n.jpg]
[Image: 430990_406036472789456_1333244028_n.jpg]
[Image: 297330_406036522789451_1649797043_n.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5418.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5419.jpg]

on 26th aug, leaving a convoy to a cruise, stop starting down a road going no more than 2mph i stop at a t junction and the women behind decided to use me as a brake, cracks my bumper and of course has no damage to her week old motor Angry trax was a week later and i was in the power and style awards and was debating to go or not... then i came up with a good idea haha. here is the before and after

[Image: IMG_5421.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5422.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5423.jpg]

Haven't updated for a while but heres a good update Smile/>
I paid for air in feb on the intension of getting it ready for modified nationals but due to GAZ race season about to start my struts wasn't reading in time. When the struts finally came back i decided to wait for the end of show season as i have to change the interior completely to have air fitted the way i wanted. I dropped sooty off to Havair around 3 weeks ago and went for the stage 2 kit with wireless remote and upgraded the air tank to a 5 gallon tank aswell. not only was they fitting air i also renewed everything else! Reconditioned rear beam which was painted white, reconditions gaz adjustable rear shocks, new rear hubs and wheel bearings, new rear beam mounts and rubbers, new front hubs and wheel bearings, new wishbones, new drop links, new tie rods and ends, new top mounts and also put my strut brace on finally. so everything suspension wise is new Big Grin/>

The rear when lowered is about the same hight as before it was on air, before there was only a few mm to spare but as it was solid/seized it didn't rub. the ride hight is around standard hight.
The front when lowered is around a inch and half off the floor only way of getting it lower is getting custom top mounts made up from gaz which i might look at in the future. Then ride hight is about a few mm higher than what it was before i got air.
anyone who's got air, while at ride hight i run 40psi at front and 20psi at rear but rear will go up around 15psi when i have a interior as all im running is a drivers seat atm until pugme builds me this interior Smile/>

Was snowing during the night so tried to get some good photos before it melted, but alot of the snow had turned to slush and im no decent photographer but here it is Smile/> also car wasn't cleaned

[Image: IMG_6002.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6005.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6006.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6008.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6009.jpg]
front hight

[Image: IMG_6010.jpg]
rear hight

[Image: IMG_6011.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6012.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6013.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6014.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6015.jpg]

Sorry for the amount of photos haha theres my car to date! there might be some writing missing between the photos i just C + P anything with photos in it from another forum Smile
Thanks given by:
f*ck me youve spent some money on this. ive seen this at a show before, never realised it was a diesel haha.
nice work though mate, very high standard Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I always forget how much work goes into this car!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
just a tad yes Wink just got to finish interior now. supra dash and door cards wont cost me anything as ive got all the bits, ive got my seats, and mate said he will build be a interior for free just got to pay for material. so £500ish my interior will be complete. but my dilemma is the build we came up with will need 4 subs 3/4 amps and comps which i want a decent set. thats £3K+ then trimming the whole interior is about £3K+ again. thats £6K+ i dont really have haha. plus i need wiring and extra battery or 2, all tops up
Debating to build the interior and try and get sponsors and maybe do the trimming myself or to sell the porsche seats and get some funky racey fibreglass seats ive found cheap, put a half cage and do a really basic but plush system, so it goes for the race/show looks my car is. will save me alot of money but not sure if i could pull it off
Thanks given by:
Absolutely epic project mate, would love to see this car in the flesh. You going to ace this month? Or maybe fcs this year? Always loved this car from when I first saw it on .net, think that was when you were just having the back smoothed off and the led rear lights installed. Also didn't realise it was a derv, makes it even more epic win in my eyes! Good work sir. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Are you the origional owner? I thought there was already a project thread for this car under the 'eacruise' name?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2013, 12:48 PM)Ben Wrote: Are you the origional owner? I thought there was already a project thread for this car under the 'eacruise' name?

same person Smile
Thanks given by:
Waheyyy finally made it over boyo now sell me your alloys Big Grin
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yes im EACruise havent owned the website for about 5 years so time to change my name haha. will be changed on other forums when i get round to it....
i should be at ace cafe for a bit.. up at 6am next day tho so wont be there late... and FCS im there but not on the sunday as i cant get it off work at the mo
Thanks given by:
That is the most amazing project thread ive read so far, amazing car! lost for words tbh lol

Thanks given by:
this car is pretty cool. i saw it at FCS last year and it looked smart. fair play to you for all the work you have do to it! loved looking through the pics!
Thanks given by:
Although really not my style and liking, mucho respecto for the work gona into this one.. i saw it last year in the flesh, just cant remember where...
Thanks given by:
Wow!

I have a wrist ache just from scrolling through that haha. Looks awsome, love the interior.

Keen to see how the supra dash works out Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Always loved this car! Looks amazing! Keep up the good work
Thanks given by:
cheers guys Smile
gave sooty a well deserved clean, hasn't been cleaned (apart from havair giving it a quick clean) since rotterdam so good to it sparkle Smile Found a few scuffs tho Sad rear bumper needs a detail as its first time ive seen it clean outside in the daylight since getting resprayed, was badly machined polished as it was rushed for rotterdam. theres a nasty scuff on the drivers skirt and a small chip on the rear arch aswell Sad wheels are terrible aswell really need a refurb although i would love a new set of something :/
anyways heres two more photos to add to this page sorry haha Wink
[Image: 538387_10151272998754145_1738860574_n_zps4fea79a1.jpg]
[Image: 13594_10151272999589145_1707687196_n_zpsd210a33a.jpg]
Thanks given by:
One of my favorite 306's this. Simply awesome, especially the rear lights.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
This car is f*cking spectacular.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Do love this car, can't help feeling it needs some wonky wheels tho... Tongue
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Absolutely epic build, some real commitment there.
was next to you in the queue for FCS last year, looks so much better in the flesh.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Saw your car 2011 .net(cough cough) Xmas meet as you were parked 2 cars away from me and I heard you were putting a supra dash in and have been waiting so long to see progress on it. Great to see you on here Smile
Thanks given by:
cheers guys Smile would love some new wheels but finding 16" max 8j et15 with spacers/adaptors is so hard!!! looks every few days and ones i find are 17" or 9j or £2K+ one day tho one day....
supra dash i really need to start doing again! needs to be done by march :/
Thanks given by:
top work with the car mate. looks awesome.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Absolutely love the work you've put into this, it's finished to such a standard Big Grin

Nicely done!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Not a fan of the wheels in white but other than that total porn, your really put the work in on this one Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Sell meee your wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pleeeeeeaaaaassssssseeeeee
Thanks given by:
sam i will if you find me a decent set of wheels haha
i really really really want some new wheels but cant find any :/ well found one set but unsure at the mo
Thanks given by:
These would be porn on it in the correct colour, ET, J

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Axe-EX8-Alloy-...27ce94813e

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Ok ill search the net haha
Thanks given by:
there nice wheels pug love but common as!
Must be 16" max of 8j
Thanks given by:
Thought of image splits? Also you going to the ace meet monday?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leemus's Estate Leemus 9 3,951 07-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Eeyore