upgrade clutch!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upgrade clutch!
I test drove today after som wg adjustment and got two bar on the boost gauge!

A bit high but as the clutch slipped i see no point in upgrading to fmic and bigger turbo before i sorted the clutch, hopefully in a cost effective way.

Alt suggestions? Are there any oem that fits or where can i find one?
Thanks given by:
Genuine Valeo one, about £100 for the three piece kit and should be more than adequate
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ok, so you man that a standard clutch Will cope with the 150-200hp i hope for when i change intercooler and turbo?
Thanks given by:
No it won't. Well it would for the bottom of the estimate. I would imagine I'm at the bottom of that and my clutch slips a little
But to be safe just get a paddle
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
for the 1.9 turbo diesel, the later genuine valeo clutch kits are rated very high and should cope well
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
To be honest, if you can afford the extra for a paddle clutch, you might as well do it, you will be gutted if you do all the work to find you need to do it all again and spend more money.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Im on a standard one dont no how long its been in but does tend to slip now and then, i got a cg sprung paddle off ebay at a steal for 70, they about 200ish new but standard valeo should be ok
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yesterday i did some errands without having time to lower the boost, of course i didnt manage to keep the foot from the right pedal and surprise! 2 bar boost blew the turbo.

It went with a real bang and leaks oil(cracked?), to bad i dont have time for a conversion now but atleast i can use the old One as a template later.
Thanks given by:
What turbo?

Did it coal on boost?
Thanks given by:
A kkk standard.
Thanks given by:
k03?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I really dont know, i just saw the kkk mark on it.

Its a -94
Thanks given by:
k14 then but that is still a baby turbo lol
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Should a fresh valeo cope with a tireshredding start from still in second gear?
My cluth certianly doesnt! Lol!

the cluth is soon to be dealt with as i have checked the injectors and adjusted them to a higher pressure which gave a nicer spraypattern on the waste oil i run(maybe something for those who run veg?).
I also came across a td04hl15t from a saab 2.8 v6 which i have a 5cc turbinehousing from a 9-5 aero mounted on instead of the v6 twin entry.

can i use a paddle clutch from any peugeot xu or xud with the same box or is it possible to mount an xu flywheel on an xud and use a petrol clutch if i find an uprated one?

Or can i fit an xud11 clutch or are they the same as xud9?
Thanks given by:
Any td04hl will be wank tbh pal, verry laggy just get the generic td04L-13t or if you find one a td04l-15g

Ring cg and ask for a price mention 306oc and other members have recommended you and they shall give you a good price, I wouldnt bother with a standard clutch if your thinging big blower

And as for tyre shredding 2nd gear launches on your setup no offence you aint seen nothing lol

Uprated engine mounts are a must also when getting a paddle and big blower as youll rip your mounts to pieces launching in second with a big blower

The gti6 and dturbo clutch plate are the same its the pressure plate that differ dturbo being pull type
Thanks given by:
I know the td04 has countless threads but the versions you speak of that come from a Subaru impresa(?) just are not common here in sweden an i have yet not figured out the difference between the l and the hl version.

The td04hl is from a saab aero but i do have an t25 from a saab also but my experience is that the lag is similar, i guess t25 has lots of turbine housngs also.

Where can i buy engine mounts? i guess fresh standard mounts wont do the job?
Thanks given by:
Ebay is your best friend pal, you should be able to pick a TD04L up for around£30-40 and shouldnt think more than £30 for postage to you

As for engine mounts I had a wedge in my top mount to stiffen that up and a powerflex bottom mount, I was looking for vibratechnics mounts but they are rather expensive but are the bees knees
Thanks given by:
Thanks, guess i have to give it another try.

it would be nice to see if anyone had tried a td04hl on a xud though.
Thanks given by:
The HL is quite lagggy from what I remember, wasnt really fully spoiled until about 3,700rpm. I wouldnt bother with one of those personally.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Agreed with dave, you could always get the 13t and buy a 19t housing and impellor, keeping the suited hotside with epic size inlet
Thanks given by:
Helix sport clutch is more than enough and very high quality that will last.
Thanks given by: