XUD flywheel sensor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD flywheel sensor
Bought a new sensor for my XUD fitted it and it still doesn't work Sad

Is there a specific distance it needs to be away from the flywheel or is it just guess work? Or does the 306 XUD engines have different flywheels with a pickup for the sensor, because i'm now running a DHX from a 406 which I presume run some other sort of sensor because I had to fit my old sensor holder thing.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Re distance, your supposed to tap it in lightly until it hits the flywheel and then just prise it out ever so slightly with a little screwdriver, literally less that 1mm, and it should read fine there.
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure that's how it was when I first fitted it. Will give it a go again at some point.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I am at my wits end with this now! My old sensor used to work occasionally, but this new one won't work no matter what distance it is away from the flywheel.. Is there any way to test these sensors off the car, so I know if I am wasting my time trying to get a faulty part working?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
perhaps find a XUD sensor...?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2013, 09:32 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: perhaps find a XUD sensor...?

That's what i'm using....?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
thought you said you using a non xud one and had to make it fit...my bad

whats the fault with the car then?

running a DHX flywheel then?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It's a DHX engine, I fitted the sensor bracket from my old DHY and bought a new sensor from GSF for a normal 306 DT. But no matter how close or far away I put it from the flywheel, i'm getting nothing..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Does the DHX flywheel have the two markers on it!?

I'm going to guess no since they monitor crank angle for injection advance... I'm not 100% on this mind....
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
im not sure, need to find someone else who is/has run a dhx to answer for sure..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by: