LED Bulbs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LED Bulbs
Some of you may have spotted my thread a couple of days ago about my brakelight bulbs, but this is not about them, they havent arrived yet.

When i bought the new bulbs, i purchased some LED bulbs for the reverse lights, and enough to do the indicators all round. Reverse lights are fine, and so are the rear indicators, but the LED bulbs dont seem to want to work in the front indicators. All the indicators just flash as if theres a bulb out. Does this mean i may need a resistor in the circuit? If so where would i have to put it?

Thanks in advance guys! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
reverse the bulb in the holder
led's are polarised and only work one way round

if they work and still flash fast yes you need a loading resistor
Thanks given by:
C'mon cully, i'd have thought of all the people on here, you'd be one of the ones that knows the indicator bulbs can only go in one way due to the offset pins. Doh lol
Thanks given by:
you just made me go have a look as ive never had the lamps out the front of mine
lol

no you cant get them in wrong sorry

im guessing they are flashing fast then

should of bought can bus type leds Tongue
Thanks given by:
Yeah, just taken that one on the chin and purchased a set of 4 canbus bulbs, but if they flash fast as well then ill have to wait and get some resistors. Would i just connect the resistors into the live feed to the bulbs?
Thanks given by:
resistors would need to be about 3ohm ratted at 50watts
yes just connect them across the + / - at the lamp
you only need to instal 1 resistor per side

or you could change the flasher relay to the electronic type Wink
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2012, 02:57 PM)cully Wrote: or you could change the flasher relay to the electronic type Wink
And where would i find one of those? Just ebay, or scrappers from another car?

New Canbus bulbs turned up, still flashing fast. Sad

Scratch that, found some on the bay. I take it the flasher relay in the 306 is 3 pin?
Thanks given by: