Quite a newbie qustion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quite a newbie qustion
Right feel quite stupid asking this but which is better 9mm bocsh pump or 11m? What gains do you get with a 11mm
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
search please search...this gets asked nearly every week...Ruan is practically on echo now!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
11mm from what i gather.
Thanks given by:
^^^^ how did you come to that conclusion?

we dont know what turbo, IC and other mods he has....

stick a 11mm pump on a standard dturbo and its a bit pointless

9mm can get 150bhp....so all depends on what and why...

but this is discussed every week on a new thread and is in the stickied info section
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Quote:Maybe I'm on the blob, but it's gotten boring hearing the same stuff...

There's multiple reasons why you might want an 11mm OVER a 9mm pump...

With injection pumps there's essentially TWO ways of increasing the injection amount, lengthen the injection duratiion (i.e. open the collar more...) or inject more fuel in a given duration... When you get to the point where you're spinning the engine at 5000rpm, a 9mm plunger simply cannot provide SHORT injection lengths, an 11mm pump will do this MUCH better, reducing exhaust gas temperatures and the engine will rev and respond MUCH better etc... The biggest disadvantage is the fact that it does play havoc with the timing system...

HOWEVER, keeping a 9mm pump also means that you are massively restricted by the amount of fuel you can run due to other parts inside the pump, you cannot just assume you can keep winding the max fuel screw further and further, because at the end of the day, the amount the throttle moves will only allow for so much fuel, even if you carry on winding the max fuel screw, since a certain part of the pump doesn't move enough... I'll leave you figure out what it is, but it's not easy to simply change this part for a "better" one, it's trial and error OR modifying said part...

People just seem to think there's NO thought gone into why we fit 11mm heads and it's just an easy option and it blows chronic coal etc... It's simply not the case, go have a look at my dyno video and there's NO smoke whatsoever at 175HP+...
What Ruan explained to me before he explodes.
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Moved Smile
Thanks given by:
ideal ill have a look into it cheers guys and thanks scott Smile
Thanks given by:
Ill try and sound smart and say...

"it depends.."
Thanks given by:
What a newb
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
A 9mm pump with mods will power any stock turbo and even many big turbos comfortably. Have a read and decide what will suit you best! A gov shim is quite easy. And lda mods are simple aswell.
Thanks given by:
The pump has all the gov mods and lda pin jus wanted to no if an 11mm pump would be better with my ko3 van turbo?
Thanks given by:
You would be better off...IMO....to upgrade the turbo first...make big difference just with the pump mods on the 9mm
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
yeah the turbo is being put on next week same as the fmic ill see how that goes and might drive my mates with an 11mm pump if hell let me
Thanks given by:
what turbo are you upgrading to?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
iveco ko3
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2013, 09:25 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: what turbo are you upgrading to?
ko3 van turbo

why not try a 10mm pump
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Hmm how do I go about that?
Thanks given by: