Haven't seen an MOT thread for a while

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haven't seen an MOT thread for a while
So the DT is going in for its MOT tomorrow, place your bets now on whether it'll pass or fail. Big Grin

Tester is a good mate of mine, so might gloss over some things.

Ive got a sneaky suspicion ive got a hole in the NSR arch, as the boot is sopping wet, but other than that, i think she'll pass.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Don't remove the interior on the nsr and it'll be fine lol.

I was gonna say fail until I read you know the tester lol..........so, pass. Wink

I bet you've got a bulb out somewhere though.....everyone seems to atm! lol
Thanks given by:
I did have a brake light out recently, but thats been sorted now. I cant stand people who dont keep on top of bulbs, check mine almost religiously! LED white lights dont fail for being the wrong colour do they, as they're still white?

Also, it was only recently i realised the arch liner is missing from the NSR, hence i am a little worried about it.
Thanks given by:
Should be fine. Hids fail but not because of brightness its due to beam pattern

All the best mate. Mine passed late September. Needed some minor work, cv boot insecure, worn droplinks, hand brake cable excessive travel. Nothing really

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2013, 02:57 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Also, it was only recently i realised the arch liner is missing from the NSR, hence i am a little worried about it.

Its not missing, Peugeot saved money and weight by not fitting it. Wink
Thanks given by:
I've got to put mine through soon and I'm pretty sure it'll fail lol

I got lots to do! lol
Thanks given by:
LED's are fine. My vectra passed just before xmas & I had SMD bulbs in, & on the vectra for the first 5 mins of removing the key from the ignition, they pulse as the car does a bulb check as its canbus, so it looks like a police car Big Grin

I got "Slight discolouration of sidelight" on my advisories..
Thanks given by:
Well it's in, just gotta wait and see now.

Fingers crossed.
Thanks given by:
do people still do MOTs?! I though we all didnt bother anymore!!

pre 1960 cars, iirc, wont need MOTs as of next year
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 03:19 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Well it's in, just gotta wait and see now.

Fingers crossed.

Gigitty gigitty goooooo......
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 03:25 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: do people still do MOTs?! I though we all didnt bother anymore!!

pre 1960 cars, iirc, wont need MOTs as of next year

Shame that doesn't really affect us then, eh? Doh

She failed, only on the rust in the rear arch, and got a fair old list of advisories too. Passed the smoke test no problem though! lol
Thanks given by:
That's a shitter bud - you going to get the rust sorted?
I took mine for its MOT back in November at a garage I'd never used before - always used a 'friendly' one before and bunged him another £20. This time it was a local station up the road and I thought I was going to fail on my rear beam but it passed with a couple of advisories totally unrelated to the beam lol.
They even commented how clean the car was for its age - not the usual rust bucket.
Oh yeah and it worked out cheaper as I didn't have to travel to the other side of the county so saved on fuel and didn't have to bung anyone anything Smile
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 05:10 PM)ash240970 Wrote: That's a shitter bud - you going to get the rust sorted?
I took mine for its MOT back in November at a garage I'd never used before - always used a 'friendly' one before and bunged him another £20. This time it was a local station up the road and I thought I was going to fail on my rear beam but it passed with a couple of advisories totally unrelated to the beam lol.
They even commented how clean the car was for its age - not the usual rust bucket.
Oh yeah and it worked out cheaper as I didn't have to travel to the other side of the county so saved on fuel and didn't have to bung anyone anything Smile

No mate, im just gonna leave it and let it get worse! lmao

Yes im gonna get it sorted, and get the car back in for its retest before the 10 days are up, so the retest is free. Cant afford to be spending more than i have to on it!
Thanks given by:
Didn't mean it like that bud lol - meant are you going to be doing it or getting someone else to do it? Doh!!
Thanks given by:
Lol, nah, I think I'm gonna get it done by a pro, if I had a better timescale then I'd probably give it a go myself.
Thanks given by: