Water leaking into boot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water leaking into boot
I have a small water leak into the boot of my phase 3 hdi, it looks like it is getting in by the rear pass side light. I have removed the light, cleaned up the body work and also the rubber seal, which looks to be in good condition, but it was covered in crap. I have put it all back together and will have to wait and see now.
Is there any other problem areas to look at?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2012, 02:24 PM)titch Wrote: I have a small water leak into the boot of my phase 3 hdi, it looks like it is getting in by the rear pass side light. I have removed the light, cleaned up the body work and also the rubber seal, which looks to be in good condition, but it was covered in crap. I have put it all back together and will have to wait and see now.
Is there any other problem areas to look at?

Cheers

Is it on the left hand side of the boot? If so it maybe a hole in the body above the rear left wheel as mine had one. It's worth checking there as it's a common problem on the PH1/2's and 5 doors.
Thanks given by:
I had a problem with water coming in on my ph1 d turbo. I drilled a couple of holes where the jack and wheel brace go
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the replies fellas, will have a look, just waiting now for it to rain a bit more and will go out and see if it is still leaking.
Thanks given by:
Same with my 405, drilled a hole in each corner and hammered down slightly lol.

On a serious note, the OP needs to get looking up their rear wheel arch for big gaping holes around the upper seatbelt mounting. Also re-seal rear lights.clean seals and vasoline on them.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
Yeah check for holes in the bodywork mine was really bad,had a huge hole up at the very top of the inner near side rear wheel arch!!.
Thanks given by:
this is usaully were the hole is. checked mine a while back but it was fine Smile

[Image: Photo0348.jpg]
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
checked mine today and it was starting to go D: Thats what no arch liner does to you folks!

[Image: IMG_20121231_130648.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I only have one picture of when I did mine, but this gives you an idea.

[Image: 4762F355-CF15-4ED2-BA8E-E4F77782ECCA-368...e78054.jpg]

That's the size of the damaged area. It is of course now repaired but I don't have any pictures of after.
Thanks given by:
I made an arch liner out of an offside one to stop the crap going up up there :-)
Thanks given by:
Fooking hell, i hope mine is not like that, i will have a look tomorrow and see.
Thanks given by:
Had a look at it today and no hole, all looks good there, i did remove the rear light and clean up the body work and the seal, and have put vasaline on the seals and so far so good no more water in the boot.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Water leaking into the boot thought it was the light but it's not any ideas? titch 20 3,791 23-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Last Post: titch
  water leaking inside Frosty 48 11,567 09-02-2014, 09:01 AM
Last Post: mikey b
  water in l/h side oh boot? paul7278 3 1,020 01-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Grant