Newbie looking for a derv

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie looking for a derv
Hi all,

I'm Declan and i'm an Electrical Engineer from Newcastle.

I've just sold my mk2 golf, due to losing my garage. I've got another garage lined up for the new year, and i'm looking for a 306 diesel as a little project car.

I'm unsure wether to get a HDI or the D-turbo, But i'm only wanting to spend 750 MAX as the car isnt going to be used as a daily, Just a weekend B road slag! I've got a 197 which I use daily!

Smile
Thanks given by:
Based on what youv said above & your budget id say xud is your best option .

Welcome btw

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
either of them are good Smile would say you can get a better dturbo though for the money!
Thanks given by:
I want something I can hopefully get 160bhp from.

Is this realistic from a d turbo?
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2012, 08:15 PM)mcdub Wrote: I want something I can hopefully get 160bhp from.

easy mate . . Smile we have a few 200+ bhp D-turdo's kicking around . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate Big Grin

Just to echo thoughts, think you would be much more suited for a XUD!

(20-12-2012, 04:35 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(19-12-2012, 08:15 PM)mcdub Wrote: I want something I can hopefully get 160bhp from.

easy mate . . Smile we have a few 200+ bhp D-turdo's kicking around . .Smile

Like........
Thanks given by:
I'm looking for a new garage at the moment so hopefully will be in a position to start looking for a new car around mid febuary.

Ideally want a solid XUD in as decent nick possible, no MOT needed as it's going to be a project in the garage for a few months to get. Just no massive issues needed to pass MOT.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate, another vote for the xud here, I've had mine a year now, it's had a light stage 1 tune, and i love it. I'm itching to take it further, but funds are tight at the moment. In that years motoring, ive had to replace the rear brakes, as one of the slave cylinders gave up, and that's it. It's just failed its mot on some rust in the rear arch, but that's all, and that's a pretty common issue. Can't fault the engine though! Xud FTMFW! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by: