T2 Turbo Problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T2 Turbo Problems
My 306 has a gerret T2 turbo, decided to screw it tonight so gave it 2 turns and the arm wouldnt go back onto the lever thing (dont know the proper names lol) so turned it back half a turn. Took the car for a run and it made absolutely no difference at all. Have a boost gauge in the car and it was boosting at 16-17psi after i increased the fueling by 1 turn last week and then when i screwed the turbo it hasnt changed. Is there a problem with the turbo?

Also when the car is started form cold and driven it is right and quick but then after about half an hour or so of driving it becomes very dead like will hardly spin the wheels.
Thanks given by:
Is it smoking on boost? And you should be able to get the arm back on if you lever it with a screwdriver, I wound mine about 4 turns before it wouldn't go back on.

If it's clean on boost, give the max fuel another turn or two and see what happens.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pump? Guessing Lucas.. Sounds like a strange mix of boost leaking mixed with heatsoak.

But as Chris said.. You should have no problem getting the arm back on after 2 turns.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
And it could well be that your peak boost is limited by the fuelling, not the wastegate. Crank up the fuel til you get smoke on boost, then adjust the wastegate until the smoke disappears. It sounds like you're doing it the wrong way round, you could weld that wastegate should and wouldn't see more boost if you don't have the fuel there.
Thanks given by:
Adjusting the wastegate wont do cock all unless you give it more fuel aswell. I think thats what everyone else is saying lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Its a bosch pump, there is a wee bit of smoke on boost nothing serious and a good bit of smoke off boost. will have another go at the turbo 2moro and see what happens
Thanks given by:
get a lever on it. ive wound mine all the way in and it popped straight on with a bar
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
have you only adjusted the fuel max screw??

if you havent touched the lda screw...not much will happen
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Iv gave the lad screw 2 turns aswell
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2012, 10:23 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: have you only adjusted the fuel max screw??

Not true.

Max fuel increases the fuel across the whole range, the LDA just controls the ratio of off/on boost fuel.

In the early days of XUD tuning, the max fuel screw was all people used to touch.
Thanks given by:
You want the lda screw out as far as it will go to allow maximum travel of the pin but as said that is mot your problem. I would start checking for boost leaks
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I mean not much will happen on boost
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2012, 01:11 PM)londondan86 Wrote: You want the lda screw out as far as it will go to allow maximum travel of the pin but as said that is mot your problem. I would start checking for boost leaks

il give the lda screw another turn and see what happens. I dont think its a boost leak because before i touched the car it was boosting around 14psi then since i turned up the fueling it boosts around 16psi. il give the turbo another turn 2moro and see of the boost increases
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2012, 06:09 PM)Conor_DTS Wrote:
(29-12-2012, 01:11 PM)londondan86 Wrote: You want the lda screw out as far as it will go to allow maximum travel of the pin but as said that is mot your problem. I would start checking for boost leaks

il give the lda screw another turn and see what happens. I dont think its a boost leak because before i touched the car it was boosting around 14psi then since i turned up the fueling it boosts around 16psi. il give the turbo another turn 2moro and see of the boost increases

Just because boost went up from its original measurement, doesn't mean you don't have a boost leak. You could have one at 35psi, or 25psi or 16psi, depending on how bad the leak is...
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
Get something flammable and spray around all the joins between the turbo and the manifold (there arent many) and also around the inlet manifold. If the revs rise the leak is where your spraying. Rep pleasethanksbyeWink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2012, 10:23 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: have you only adjusted the fuel max screw??

dude that is so wrong lol . . . . . .winding the LDA out just keeps fuelling down OFF BOOST so that she won't smoke like a trouper before the turbo kicks in, it controls the point/psi that your boost compensator starts chucking in more fuel, it doesn't make a great deal of difference to power in my experience, just fine tuning of the smoke control . . . .Smile

back of the class . . . lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Iv found a boost leak where the t piece for the boost gauge is. Its very damp around it and the injector pipes below it and even the engine block are damp aswell. il get this sorted and hopefully this helps.
Thanks given by:
Damp? Could be leak off pipes or something?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
made huge differences with me with the lda....in short if you disconnect the lda its flat as a fart

mine blew its pipe off when I first got it!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2012, 10:36 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: made huge differences with me with the lda....in short if you disconnect the lda its flat as a fart

mine blew its pipe off when I first got it!

dude lol . . . .disconnect it yeah . . . .you need it 100%, but the setting of where it is doesn't make a massive difference . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 D Turbo heater problems gazsa401 21 6,290 13-12-2016, 05:46 PM
Last Post: gazsa401
  Facelift berlingo d turbo rear engine mount problems Jamieh2013 7 2,304 12-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191
  turbo problems Ropoer123 43 9,269 20-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Ropoer123