lowering

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lowering
right im planning to lower the 306 it´s a v reg 1999 1.6 so just wanted to get some advice on how low to go i had a little measure up and 40 mm drop would look good and still no rubbing but would love to drop it to about 60 mm just wonderd if anyone had done it recently and what they thought of it? it does have an exhaust but on rough slight guess work it looks like it should still clear most things with no hassle. any comments or advice would help

cheers allll
Thanks given by:
I presume you're talking about the rear beam?

40mm front and rear will clear most speed bumps round my way. I went 60mm and had to be careful of the lower brace up front.

As for the rear, people go silly amount without too much trouble. I wouldnt know, anything I've had has been circa 50mm at the rear.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I do torsion bars daily, and my advise to someone who's never done one, is to, well, never do one. There's a 1% chance of doing it the 'propper' way with normal home tools. You could knock the arms off but you shouldn't Smile
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
60mm you would be absolutely fine. ive seen people with 110mm at the back and never really have any major issues other than looking stupid!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: