11mm bosh pump questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11mm bosh pump questions
Well I have a pretty much standard d turbo with lucs pump. Now im wanting to swap for a bosh looking in to a 11mm one.

Will it be ok just bolt on to my car?

Whats mpg's like being a bigger pump?

Any thing else I need to no about them or need to do to get it on car?

Thanks given by:
shouldn't notice a difference in mpg unless your gov modded with a big turbo, and should just bolt straight on with no issues.
only thing that can happen with pump changes is timing issues as moving the pump even a couple of mm in either direction will effect the timing but luckily its not much of an issue to fix, if the timings out after the change, simply loosen the bolts holding it on slighty just enough the push the pump back to advance the timing, or pull it forward to retard the timing.

hope that helps Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Why do you want an 11mm pump?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Cos there is one at the right price so why not? Or is there a reason I shouldnt have it?

Also will it still be ok on veg? Cos thats the main reason for haveing a bosh pump

Thanks given by:
11mm is a bit overkill on an otherwise standard engine.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Yer I no that but will it be ok it turned down on my standard engine?

Thanks given by:
(25-12-2012, 09:55 PM)Ricky Wrote: 11mm is a bit overkill on an otherwise standard engine.

Amen :-)
Not saying I know it all but 11mm is not needed on anything but bigger power ones
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Really overkill TBH, why not have the pump, sell it on and buy yourself a 9mm.

Alternatively, just buy the 9mm in the first place?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
^^what he said.

If you can get the 11mm at a good price, buy it and sell it on for extra ££. When I say a good price, a 9mm pump with lines and injectors goes for £70+ on here. An 11mm would go for more.

Saying that.. i'd never buy an 11mm pump off ANYONE. Who says it's been done properly? At least if I kill a pump it's my own fault, not someone else's.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol you don't need an 11mm pump. They are for like 200+ hp machines.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My local scrappy charges £40 for a bosch with lines and injectors.

See what yours is like? They're often the cheapest places to go.

Thanks given by:
lol...make some cash there mate...got get them and sell them on!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well I may end up down there this week so I'll grab one and see what postage would be like Big Grin

Thanks given by:
myhermes can send the lot for a tenner
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
its my pump of the black beast he's thinking of having and im only down the road from chirs and theres allwasy potential ther if he ever wished to go bigger than a t2 Smile
Thanks given by:
I wanna 10mm.

Best of both worlds. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
How much power is a 9mm bosch capable of putting out with the LDA mod done just?
Thanks given by:
I was thinking 10mm too but I kill stuff on a 9mm, i can't be trusted with m0ar.

The only scrappy near me had a Bosch pump on a 406. They wanted £15 each for a line and injector, and another £100 for the pump lmao

I was part way through removing it when he said that, so I just left it half disassembled.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Guys if it really is this hard to sort pumps, I'll start going to the scrappers more often, as long as it's worth my while, and postage is covered.

Thanks given by:
I'm off to the scrappy this week sometime, Il enquire about pump and line prices also Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Pointless getting an 11mm pump, it doesn't really give any advantages unless you're running 200+bhp.

JP ran 209bhp on a 9mm pump which worked fine.
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
I'm hoping in getting a 10mm at some point in jan Smile
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
I have a good bosch pump, unmolested, for sale??!
no lines/injectors though
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So im still unsure what to do!

If i put a 11mm pump on my car if the pump is running near standard fuel will my car be ok with it?

Will it be ok for veg? (the main reason for the bosh pump)

What mpg will i get?

Im not fussed if its over kill etc just wana no if it will run ok not go killing bits of the engine. And not give me shocking mpg......

Ash23 has built it i think all new seals etc so no i wont have any worries there he has run it on his engine fine....

Thanks given by:
Well all this has been answered, but I'm feeling helpful.

If i put a 11mm pump on my car if the pump is running near standard fuel will my car be ok with it?

should be fine, but AFAIK, it'll be smokey off boost unless you're good with your right foot.

yes

What mpg will i get?

more than 16MPG, less than 83MPG.

Im not fussed if its over kill etc just wana no if it will run ok not go killing bits of the engine. And not give me shocking mpg......

Ash23 has built it i think all new seals etc so no i wont have any worries there he has run it on his engine fine....

Thanks given by:
(26-12-2012, 07:36 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Well all this has been answered, but I'm feeling helpful.

should be fine, but AFAIK, it'll be smokey off boost unless you're good with your right foot.

yes

What mpg will i get?

more than 16MPG, less than 83MPG.

Arnt most tuned diesels smokey off boost any way? or are we talking epic thick black smoke?

Thanks given by:
TBH I don't actually know how bad they are, but from what I've heard we're talking seriously thick black coal, sort of stuff that'll get you pulled. And no, most *well* tuned diesels shouldn't be smoky off boost.

Thanks given by:
i didnt build it chris but its all good. on mine i found it no more smokey than what you got at the minute its only on a tiny tune with stock lda pin
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2012, 07:46 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: TBH I don't actually know how bad they are, but from what I've heard we're talking seriously thick black coal, sort of stuff that'll get you pulled. And no, most *well* tuned diesels shouldn't be smoky off boost.

Oh putting me off now then lol, dont want to be getting pulled all time. Smoke will only be bad on full throttle wont it? and if its turned down to near standard surely it wont be that bad??

Any one on here got an 11mm can confirm smoke off boost?

Thanks given by:
With a lot of careful lda pin adjustment/grinding you can reduce off boost smoke a fair bit
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  11mm pump build EngineEngineer 4 2,993 21-02-2019, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Squeezing more power out of an already maxed out 11mm bosch pump Paul_13 28 7,183 07-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Paul_13
  Lost power since pump swap to 11mm HDIkyle 8 2,572 29-11-2016, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy