Our Lads & Lasses deployed overseas this Christmas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Lads & Lasses deployed overseas this Christmas
Just wanted to say, lets also spare a thought for our Armed Forces who are away during this time.

Hopefully they can enjoy some festive spirit and we look forward to your safe return when your tour of duty is over.

Smiley - Royal Navy (currently serving and fortunate to be at home)
[Image: 2306s.png]

The Old_______and_______Slight Less Old
Thanks given by:
Agreed man. It's disgusting they have to be away Sad
Thanks given by:
Well said.

Ive got family deployed in Iraq who couldn't be at home for xmas.

I've got a lot of respect for the people in the forces.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Don't know why they are in half the places they've been sent to be honest, but I respect the soldiers, if not what they're doing, and that it's not exactly their choice. Sucks that they can't be back for Christmas
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Likewise, but they're putting their lives on the line to do whatever it is the government says they're doing. Freedom to live or something like that. Literally translated to 'oilfields'

I personally wouldnt put my neck on the line for this country, but its what they've chosen so they obviously have bigger bollocks than me. That has my respect Smile

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(25-12-2012, 10:35 AM)Grant Wrote: Likewise, but they're putting their lives on the line to do whatever it is the government says they're doing. Freedom to live or something like that. Literally translated to 'oilfields'

I personally wouldnt put my neck on the line for this country, but its what they've chosen so they obviously have bigger bollocks than me. That has my respect Smile

Agreed. The armed forces in my eyes do a pointless job when it comes to this country as all we ever seem to do is pick up the pieces that the Yanks have started and run away from. They always seem to start shit that they cant handle and we back them up while they run away often at the cost of losing our own.

Pointless job but I respect them 110% and pray for their safe return home and to be reunited with their families once more.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'll not get into any arguments or debates about the rights and wrongs of our forces deployed in foreign countries and the roles they play. As a member of the armed forces (and I get the sneaky feeling I'm not the only one) I have my beliefs and I guess I wouldn't have stuck with the job for the last 25 1/2 years otherwise.

If you're not sure why they've been sent away, why not use Google and look a little deeper and make a decision upon your findings.

All I wanted to say was spare a thought for these guys AND their families.
[Image: 2306s.png]

The Old_______and_______Slight Less Old
Thanks given by:
Merry crimbo dude Smile Glad you could spend it back here with your family Smile

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Agreed with not getting into the debate, and agreed with supporting our lads overseas. I want to be there, I tried to be there, but for various reasons I'm not, nor will ever be. Big family military history, masses of respect for everyone that serves, I wish I could.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
Well i think my opinion is different to almost all of yours with regards to what our armed forces are doing but that aside, I have a lot of time and respect for anyone fighting especially over christmas. Thankfully, my family who are in the forces were home for christmas this year but sure it must of been pretty tough for those that weren't!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Posting Overseas Matt 17 12,184 28-09-2018, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy
  All the best lads procta 6 1,364 25-12-2016, 04:20 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Fellow Shropshire Lads? TheMootyhaka 4 1,528 14-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Last Post: TheMootyhaka