filler cap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
filler cap
Ok so my old DT had a little popper in the footwell and smooth filler cap but my new hdi just has a buldge on the cap to open manually as it were.
Does anyone know if i could remove the bits needed off a car that does have the popper and fit it to my hdi?

cheers
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I believe so, would have to be from a earlier estate though
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
some of the hdi's came with the remote filler release

mine didnt Sad
Thanks given by:
was it just a phase change that meant they stopped doing it?
(23-12-2012, 05:33 PM)Chris Wrote: I believe so, would have to be from a earlier estate though
you have two china covers for sale dont you? are these smooth or with the handle bit? and do you by chance have the rest of the bits i would need? and im guessing it wouldnt need to be from an estate would it as the placement is the same its just the rear is changed from a hatch.
Thanks given by:
There the ones from a 3dr so no use to you.

I believe the changeover point was when they started putting in locking filler caps so around 2001, so there will be plenty of them floating around in the scrap yards.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
would they not be the same from a 3 door then? i didnt think the be any different? obviously if only end up using the one but oh well. i dont think ive seen a china 306 in the scrappys round here ever.
Thanks given by:
mine has the filler cap release. Never realised that they didnt put them on some of them D:
Thanks given by:
the pop release on my filler cap drives me mad, keeps getting stuck so have to resort to opening it with a screwdriver. must look pretty suspicious at the petrol station haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I had a Y reg hatch (locking cap) with remote release! Confused

Maybe its just estates then, but I'd never seen one without remote lol!
Thanks given by:
Ill just have to check the scrappys. See what i can find. Anyone know what else there is to it other than the cover itself? Im assuming its cable and hows the handle etc held on? Cheers
Thanks given by:
I noticed that, I've had 3 estates; 2x51 plates and a Y plate, and they all had the remote release. Pug parts bin specials?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Hmm, both Cullys and the OP's are '02 plates.........and seeing as Y's and '51s seem to have remote release, I'd guess the changeover is '02...
Thanks given by:
Go detective Tom!!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I've been watching too many murder mysteries at my Nans I think..... Confused
Thanks given by:
So they changed it for the last year of production? An they made it worse, that sucks! Lol
Thanks given by:
3door covers are bigger than 5door so won't fit.
But as you said any 5 door with one fitted will do the job. Just raid one for all the parts Big Grin

Thanks given by:
(25-12-2012, 02:58 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: So they changed it for the last year of production? An they made it worse, that sucks! Lol

Does the 307 have manual ones? As there weren't any 306 hatches being made by 02 they may have stopped the remote filler flap production.
Thanks given by:
probably ran out of parts in the bin on the 02's
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I remove filler cap strips? Orta 4 1,937 18-06-2016, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Fuel filler neck Ben Jay 2 995 08-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Ben Jay
  Fuel Filler Delivery pipe pcwork 1 1,145 19-03-2014, 06:33 AM
Last Post: cpikey316_