Electric window

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric window
My passenger side one has packed up managed to get window back up and wedged it with wood but motor is fecked how can I get the motor out to replace it and how do I get the cables back into the new motor
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
I'm trying to do an electric window repair and need help but can pass on what i seen on mine. Step one kinda goes without saying but take the door card off. Originally the regulator is rivited on so drill those out. Use bolts as replacements for the rivits. It looks like on the electric motor regulator you can undo the plate that holds the ends of the cable that does the winding so you can just swap the motor BUT i haven't checked that out, it's one of the bits i need advice on.
The problem i got is trting to make a wind-up window into an electric one. The car has electric windows front and back but the door is off a car with manual windows. Is there a way of using the cable ends off the manual setup on the electric setup? Would also be good if it could be done with the window up as the back door is very dented.
Thanks given by:
I pretty much sorted this today, taking the whole regulator setup inc runner out is easy even on a door that's fully dented inwards. Way i'd advise is start with the window fully up, take the strips at the bottom of the glass out, both inside and outside [they just pull upwards. take the door card off if you haven't already. From the outside of the car look for the spring clip that holds the glass on the runner and push the pins out, then reach inside the door to take the clip off. Lower the glass to about 2 thirds up. Take the 2 bolts off that secure the runner in. Now comes a lot of wiggling to get the regulator setup out. It helps to have a second person around to hold/shift the glass and a wedge/screwdriver to hold the glass up if your gonna walk away from the car.
To answer my above question yes the electric motor does separate from the winder, you can manually raise the window by twisting the cog but be warned that its plastic and can snap or round off.
Also found this pic on the gti6 forum that shows and explains the setup.
Now if only the window didn't stick on one side Sad I think i've lost the grey guide clip shown in the pic.
Hope this helps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electric window switch help Aaron _d95 3 3,010 08-02-2020, 11:47 AM
Last Post: arronnjackson
  Removal of driver's side electric window switch balkan_bozo 10 3,485 04-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  off side Electric window and door not working bluebenz1 1 1,618 01-05-2018, 10:07 AM
Last Post: pug306driver