Plastic welding bumper? Respraying rub strip(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plastic welding bumper? Respraying rub strip(s)
A while back my car got shunted and as a result the front bumper has been cracked and nudged over.

Any idea of the best way to repair this crack plastic welding maybe?
[Image: ra3asege.jpg]
If so anyone done it? Heard of blowtorch/soldering irons being used with randon plastics including cable ties ?
also the black rub strip has been scratched so any ideas on the best way to respray it and what colour? Any satin black do ?
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
I would either use plastic welding or fiberglass from the undeside to strengthen it and then use filler in the top.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My bumper has a big split in it from when i drove up a pavement. I used a spare rubbish soldering iron to remelt the grille back onto its tabs. With this though im not sure how you would fix it. If you cable tie it that will be a good fix as it will be strong and pull it together and if you do it in some funky colours it might look alright. To get it back to looking original though then maybe push it back together and remelt the underside with a soldering iron. then im afraid it may be filler and respray time but i doubt it will ever look the same!
Thanks given by:
Well the whole car is battered tbh but its been a good one but i can't justfy a £700 respray etc but wanna straighten it up sort the dents etc myself to save some money and go from there its a sweet colour when its clean but the dents let it down Sad
Thanks given by:
like ben said...take off the bumper and fibre glass the back,wet and dry and respray it and as for the black trim just wet and dry and spray it.simples!
o and i used matt black on all my grey trim but satin black is fine.
Thanks given by:
or if your lazy and cant be bothered with trying to fix your bumper, just get a new one. although you might be waiting a while for another sigma ph1...
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yup thats the problem, the rest of the bodywork need sorting too and the chances of finding a completely mint sigma are slim to none, it will need some kind of touch up/spray so i may aswell repair this one get the car straight and get it painted
Thanks given by:
parksy have words with teddy im sure he has ph1 bumpers which i can always paint cheap for you
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  welding pug306driver 1 2,297 26-01-2021, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Welding Moonwalker 6 2,704 04-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Moonwalker
  Black strip just behind front door glass maxaret 26 5,361 02-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Last Post: maxaret