Anyone have a gopro?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have a gopro?
As per title.

How do you find it? I've seen some good quality video from them so kinda of have my mind set on one, just want to hear from some owners.

Looking at getting a GoPro when i get home as i wish to make some videos of the TVR and also use with the Rallye when she goes on track. I'm looking at a new Hero 3 black, with the wi fi remote. Is the suction cup worthwhile? Looking at mounting it on the bootlid to record the exhaust popping on the TVR.

Are there any accessories which are a must? I've seen some complaints previously about the built in mic when used externally on the car, anyone verify whether an external mic is necessary?

Cheers
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I dont own one but we sell them at my work and ive been looking at getting into it, soud quality seems to be rubbish at anything over 30mph. So either an external mic seems to be a must, not sure on what the best options are. Ive been told the suction cups have been tested to 130mph and if you want something perminent the theres the stick on mounts (been told they didnt move at all in a 150mph crash).

The black edition is obviously the best but if you have an iphone/ipad all of the hero 3 line has te wifi built in and is fully controlable from you apple device with a live video feed aswell (this is what has made me really want a gopro now), it means you dont need to buy the extras such as a screen which is what always put me off. The silver is basicly a hero 2 with built in wifi, and then the black offers the better picture quality options and slightly better colour over the silver or hero 2 (larger/better sensors).

Ill be getting one early next year, be interesting to find out how you get on with it
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sound quality isnt too bad. this is a video with my mates Hero2 on the side of my car. Got upto about 50 in the vid

http://youtu.be/UnxNSkzCVsQ
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
After hearing that I need a 6!!!
That's just amazing!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2012, 02:39 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: After hearing that I need a 6!!!
That's just amazing!

Haha that was with the unenclosed filter. Fitted the KnN back in the original box now for the winter and its no where near as fun!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I don't use an Apple, I am a HTC man, looks like the android also has an app.

I want to see if the TVR actually flames for all its noise. I don't want something permanent on the outside of the car, but I do appreciate knowing whether the suction cup is trustworthy!

Will be getting it when i get home so I can look at thrashing the Rallye once on the road.
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2012, 03:06 PM)C2K Wrote: I don't use an Apple, I am a HTC man, looks like the android also has an app.

I want to see if the TVR actually flames for all its noise. I don't want something permanent on the outside of the car, but I do appreciate knowing whether the suction cup is trustworthy!

Will be getting it when i get home so I can look at thrashing the Rallye once on the road.

The suction cups are very trustworthy. Just check it over before you put it on the car to look for any damage to the rubber. When I ha that on mine in the above video, you could put pressure on the arm and it would distort the door slightly and still be holding on well. Even if it did fall off, the cases are very very robust.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ok that's allaying some of my fears. Smile

Looking forward to making some mini h00n videos.
Thanks given by:
Suction cup is epic! I dont have a go pro but i use my friends more than he does... thats the newest one i think Smile really really good bit of kit well worth the 200 odd he payed! Wink wifi remote saves you having to pull over and get out to stop filming which is also awesome Big Grin get one!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I'm looking at getting one, just a case of biting the bullet and forking out the cash really lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I've got a hero hd.

Video quality is great, the internal mic isn't brilliant tbh, but with the hero 2 and 3 there's an external mix slot, and I hear good things about these... Get a muffled one for about 15quid and it'll be perfect!

I adore mine, the only annoying thing is I don't have a big enough memory card to record in full hd, so spend most of the time with 720p @60 fps which is ace! The only thing is wmm cuts it down to about 27fps but I don't think he quality is that bad still.

Yhpm Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Thanks for those Ed.

I will obviously be recording some hoons too but have been looking to take something with me on trackdays too. I was just worried about the sound quality really. Smile

Keep them coming guys, its looking positive so far. Been watching videos on youtube, but mostly by american fags on trackdays who can't drive for shit.
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2012, 04:27 PM)C2K Wrote: Thanks for those Ed.

I will obviously be recording some hoons too but have been looking to take something with me on trackdays too. I was just worried about the sound quality really. Smile

Keep them coming guys, its looking positive so far. Been watching videos on youtube, but mostly by american fags on trackdays who can't drive for shit.

if you look for the go pro page on youtube, they have some fantastic demo videos of some of the uses. really makes you want one! i know i do but dont have the money at the moment Sad
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yeah i've seen the demo vids, was just looking to get an idea of how they were used on trackdays, as in where people have mounted them, how much of the engine note you could pick up etc. Smile
Thanks given by:
here's a vid of my mate crashing his supermoto (he's the one that gets T-Boned), shows the durability. sounds a bit shit on them tho, think they are the older models

[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I've been after one for a while, but there's been too many conflicting reports!

I'm just gonna bite the bullet with my next paycheck Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well I really can't fault the picture quality, have watched loads of trackday vids with gopros. Whenever it's in the car the mic is fine, it just seems to struggle when outside the car, so external mic it is. Smile
Thanks given by:
Picture quality is absolutely ace in honesty, but could definitely do with an external mic...

Make sure you get one of the later ones which have the mic input...

[Image: 111jayq.jpg]

Apparently they pick up flames quite nicely?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Rofl that's quality Ruan - what was that on?

Looking at a Hero 3 black with remote. Just weighing up what are the essential extras. Smile
Thanks given by:
That's my GTi6 with one of the GoPro HD ones, not the latest one... It's Ed's one infact..
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
What exhaust is fitted to that? Suction cup on the bootlid?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, suction cup on the bootlid, was perfect..

That's a standard front section, gutted out cat and a Scorpion backbox... Sounds OK for what it cost me...
Thanks given by:
Mine from the same weekend as we took that shot of ruans Tongue

There is a video somewhere on here...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
i would vote this is a good accessory.

http://gopro.com/camera-accessories/3-5mm-mic-adapter

Also, some guy bought a mono mic for his HD2. He did a comparison vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I9xTMHFz-8&feature=plcp

Shame he cant drive for shit and has a shit car.

Some reviews by trusted review sites:

http://gizmodo.com/5959046/gopro-hero-3-...ixer-upper
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Suction cup is a must if its for the car though Big Grin Stayed on the scoob at 140+
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that review Fooby, very useful. Smile

Looks like it's what i need, just need to get the fook home from SA now!
Thanks given by:
Quote:The suction cups are very trustworthy. Just check it over before you put it on the car to look for any damage to the rubber. When I ha that on mine in the above video, you could put pressure on the arm and it would distort the door slightly and still be holding on well. Even if it did fall off, the cases are very very robust.

the case's arnt that robust, falling from a go kart onto a track can damn near kill them let along on comming traffic
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gopro external mics Stef205 2 839 11-02-2015, 12:04 AM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3
  GoPro / SJ4000 bike mounts Dum-Dum 22 4,941 09-02-2015, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Grant
  Win a GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition worth £360 @ Opie Oils oilman 15 3,790 21-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Last Post: cully