was I in the right? i think so.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
was I in the right? i think so.
So, I was arrested tonight because I hit someone.
The reason I hit someone was because a girl I know got a wack off of some bloke. Im sorry but tbh would you lot have done the same thing? One thing I hate is violence towards women. Had to grow up with it so its something i just cannot put up with.

Have been released but who knows what this d**k is gonna try and hold against me because I did make a mess of his mug. Personally I don't think I acted (instinctively) the wrong way. Don't fook with Andy Pandy haha.

Just needed somewhere to vent.

Sorry lads.
Thanks given by:
Dude how long did they hold you...it's 6:50am Saturday morning, where the heck did tonight come from Tongue

But still you acted in the way any decent bloke would do...If I saw a bloke hit a woman the fucker wouldn't get a punch he'd get a f*cking curb stomp. Best thing you can do really is hope that he drops charges.

All the best mate!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh, you knew her..

Well, you were right, but wouldve been better to stay patient.

Violence is neverba solution buddy.
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2012, 07:12 AM)RePT Wrote: Violence is never a solution buddy.

I'd strongly disagree with that one...I know for a fact that most men that dare stand on their own two feet and stand their ground would smack someone given the right circumstances. If it was a bloke that was smacked rather than a woman and he deserved it then fair play Andy would of been in the wrong. But it wasn't it was a female and no female deserves a bloke smacking them.

Take no notice Andy you were in the right mate, you stood up for her as an honest bloke would. I've been in a situation similar in the past though I didn't get arrested so I've twatted someone in the past for hitting a female and I'd do it again...f*ck my best mate smacked his missus once admitted she had smacked him one so self defense would of been okay, when I found out I bust his nose. Still best of friends he just chalked it down to the fact that he needed it.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think most people will say you should of dealt with it peacefully, but tbh I'd of knocked some sense into him aswell
Thanks given by:
Yeh, kick his ass, and achieve what? Nothing.

Will it make her pain less? No.

You got yourself arrested dude, two wrongs dont make a right..unless your doing maths.

You did the right thing, but its still not acceptable.

If he thinks its okay to hit women, trust me he will drown in his own seld. You dont need to do anything.
Thanks given by:
Yeah ok you did what any one would. Good on you!
But at the same time it's still violence and no matter what police ain't going to see it as a good thing you hit him.
Should of just been patients and don't it where no one can see!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Was you in the right? No not really. Granted woman beating is not right at all ( that's why I only do it on weekends) but chances are you've gained your self a criminal record, potentially lost your job if you did it at work and for what? Didn't change the fact it happened did it.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Insurance is gonna be expensiver too!
(Wid dat criminal record)
Thanks given by:
Morally - Yes, Legally - no.

Tbh, may not have 'solved' anything, but maybe the guy will think twice before laying into a woman next time!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm with Andy and InkedMuttley - where the hell has chivalry gone these days??
I don't care what the reason is you do not hit a woman, if they attack you, you try to block or restrain unless you have absolutely no other option and fear for your life.
Abuse in public is usually because of alcohol/substance abuse and people not being able to handle their booze/drugs

Just remember all you do gooders that say Andy is in the wrong - that woman is someone's sister/daughter/mother/friend and if they were your family or a friend and you found out about it, would you turn the other cheek? I bet you wouldn't.
Stop violence towards women.
Thanks given by:
Well done fella!!!

Grew up in the same situation!!

Tbh if she goes in and says she wants to press charges against Him, then they will try to get both sides to drop charges as its hassle for em, been there done that!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2012, 10:15 AM)ash240970 Wrote: Just remember all you do gooders that say Andy is in the wrong - that woman is someone's sister/daughter/mother/friend and if they were your family or a friend and you found out about it, would you turn the other cheek? I bet you wouldn't.
Stop violence towards women.

Sorry Andy, by no means am i condoning what this guy did. Its completely wrong and the guy is a dick however Andy has now potentially landed him self a criminal record and if it was at work (think it could be seeing as he works in a club) and lost his job. Was it really worth it? Fair enough go and drag the guy away, maybe be a bit rough with him and stop him from giving her even more of a kicking, that i (as well as the police) could happily understand. Those sort of situations youve just got to keep your cool otherwise your no better than any other guy who goes round kicking off at people.

If it had of been out on the street and there was no chance of landing him self in trouble, by all means, give the guy a kicking. thats what i would of done but because of how hes done it, hes probably gunna land him self in a fair bit of trouble. Wrong really seeing as at the end of the day, knowing andy, hes not a nasty bloke and this guy who hit this woman clearly is a lady garden but thats the justice system for you.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Nice one mate Smile
Although legally you made a boo boo Sad sadly as he didn't target you you can't claim self defence. If you had shoved him or something would be fine.
But you might be let off.

I got into a fight a while back, I instigated it. I was a dick. Drunk and this guy said something I didn't like. Hit him and proceeded to fight for about 25mins. Ended up in the back of the cop car. Me covered in his blood. Him missing teeth. They arrested me on charge of affray. But there was no cameras no witnesses my word against his. Turns out they dropped the case due lack of evidence
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Tbh nial f*ck the justice system, they never do f*ck all in the right way, sometimes shit needs dealing with!! If it puts you the wrong side of the law meh!!

So be it at least you know you done what needed to be done, I have got into a lot of shit looking out for family/friends, quite happily do Time for that shit
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2012, 11:10 AM)Jonny b Wrote: Tbh nial f*ck the justice system, they never do f*ck all in the right way, sometimes shit needs dealing with!! If it puts you the wrong side of the law meh!!

This^

A lot of people tend to forget that just because something is 'illegal' it doesn't make it wrong...
Thanks given by:
I think before this gets further comments and we continue to guess as to whether or not this took place whilst Andy was at work we should wait for him to elaborate on the situation a bit more if he feels he wants to.
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2012, 11:10 AM)Jonny b Wrote: Tbh nial f*ck the justice system, they never do f*ck all in the right way, sometimes shit needs dealing with!! If it puts you the wrong side of the law meh!!

So be it at least you know you done what needed to be done, I have got into a lot of shit looking out for family/friends, quite happily do Time for that shit

Agree with you there Jonny but what I'm saying is the justice system always seems to get the good guy (andy) and not the pricks of this world (Scott).
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ha ha ^^

And a lot of the time that's true! They get the wrong people, i know pretty much all of my cases have been me doing the right thing, even had coppers agreeing with me!! still got done though, But if something needs sorting then it needs sorting,
Thanks given by:
I wasn't working at that time, I had finished. I was in my bosses other club.

Basically I seen it happen and then without thinking about it landed two right hooks within what felt like half a second and it dropped the twat.

ive grown up with it. Instinctive move.
I'm glad I did it to be fair. One dick who will think twice about doing it again. To all of you that think violence isn't the answer... I'd agree to a certain extent but I'm not letting what I seen go.

Let's just see what happens. But tbh I think it'll all be dropped.
Thanks given by:
Probably not surprising that I'm one of the people that thinks violence doesn't solve anything - but that's probably due to me being a weak skinny little shit lol. And getting pushed around a lot when I was younger, I now live by the rule of 'If I wouldn't want it done to me, won't do it to anyone else'.

Yes what you did was illegal and two wrongs don't make a right, but in the heat of a moment everyone does stupid things. Hopefully it won't come to anything for you though. Smile
Thanks given by:
It's one of those actions you will either live to regret or you will be luck and let off the hook.

To be fair going around smacking people for whatever reason it is not right, but in some circumstances it feels right.
Thanks given by:
Lets change the scenario slightly.. say you saw someone being raped, (not directly affecting you).. but you go over and do the guy over (like anyone in there right mind would!) but technically and legally.. you've actually committed a crime by assaulting the person in question, is that right? Exactly....
Thanks given by:
At least some people think I did the right thing.

I'm with johnny. I have also been in trouble for looking after family and friends. And I'd happily do time for it too.

At the end of the day, what's done is done. I'm not an arsehole but at the same time I'm no push over.

Basically I'm not worried at all. Not because I don't care but because I did it for the right reasons... I'm not some scummy chav that goes around happy slapping old dears.

@ Danny - been faced with that before apart from I didn't see it. I went spastic, but I won't go into that.
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2012, 12:49 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Lets change the scenario slightly.. say you saw someone being raped, (not directly affecting you).. but you go over and do the guy over (like anyone in there right mind would!) but technically and legally.. you've actually committed a crime by assaulting the person in question, is that right? Exactly....

Thats a bit of a different scenario really. If you did go and give the guy a kicking, hes not going to go to the police and say "i was raping this girl and this guy came and kicked 7 shades of shit out of me" is he? In andys scenario, he could happily turn to the police and say I was in a club and this guy turned around and hit me. If the bird who had been hit never went forward to the police, they wouldnt put two and two together.

Not saying what andy did was morally wrong. tbh i think any decent guy would of had trouble restraining them selfs from giving him a kicking and he did 100% deserve it. Im just looking at it from the legal side of things that cant cover every single scenario separately and cant base a punishment on moral reasons. End of the day, you assaulted someone which is illegal. Just a shame you couldnt of dragged him out the back and given him a proper going over there!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(15-12-2012, 12:57 PM)Niall Wrote:
(15-12-2012, 12:49 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Lets change the scenario slightly.. say you saw someone being raped, (not directly affecting you).. but you go over and do the guy over (like anyone in there right mind would!) but technically and legally.. you've actually committed a crime by assaulting the person in question, is that right? Exactly....

Thats a bit of a different scenario really. If you did go and give the guy a kicking, hes not going to go to the police and say "i was raping this girl and this guy came and kicked 7 shades of shit out of me" is he? In andys scenario, he could happily turn to the police and say I was in a club and this guy turned around and hit me. If the bird who had been hit never went forward to the police, they wouldnt put two and two together.

Not saying what andy did was morally wrong. tbh i think any decent guy would of had trouble restraining them selfs from giving him a kicking and he did 100% deserve it. Im just looking at it from the legal side of things that cant cover every single scenario separately and cant base a punishment on moral reasons. End of the day, you assaulted someone which is illegal. Just a shame you couldnt of dragged him out the back and given him a proper going over there!

It happened way too fast for that. Seen it then he was on the floor instantly. I couldn't help/stop myself. Plus the guy was bigger than me. Would a been a pain to have done that.
Thanks given by:
Very tricky thing, and I will probably be biased because my dad (who I don't know) was abusive to my mum.. To the point where I don't know if when I was conceived it was consented!!

I couldn't stand by and watch a woman get hurt by a man (unless this is some coronation street storyline)

I am the least violent person you would ever meet (read. Pussy) however when it comes to things like that instinct kicks in and I would quite happily beat the living crap out of a man for doing that, I think it's wrong and that goes for all violence towards someone less able then yourself (sex, age, disability). I just hope that it hasn't affected your job

Sad
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Yes in fairness it's a different scenario but the principle is exactly the same.. If said guy in Andys case went to the police and said he'd been done over, they'd also ask why, to which he'd have to reply "well i punched a girl in the face".. I wouldn't worry too much Andy
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2012, 01:06 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Yes in fairness it's a different scenario but the principle is exactly the same.. If said guy in Andys case went to the police and said he'd been done over, they'd also ask why, to which he'd have to reply "well i punched a girl in the face".. I wouldn't worry too much Andy

well he could quite happily say i dont know. he just hit me. its not uncommon in clubs! But tbh, i doubt anything will happen. End of the day, it was only a smack. if you had put him in hospital, fair enough but i think andy will be fine. Maybe a slap on the wrist from the police. well i hope thats what happens anyway. Dont want to see you getting in trouble for something that, morally was the right thing to do!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
you never heard of a balaclava???
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by: