Considering going to look at this Pug 405 d turbo. Few questions??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Considering going to look at this Pug 405 d turbo. Few questions??
Well im considering going to look at this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251191803188?s...1423.l2649

As far as i can work out is the same engine as the 306 d turbo am i right?

is the tuning the same and is that the same bosh pump as the 306?

Think it would make an epic sleeper what you think guys?

Might go and look at it tomorrow if they will give me enough for my hdi as a part ex then i will get it :-D

Thanks given by:
All yes. And i reckon they will prob offer you sub £600 for your HDI agenst that.

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
are they torsion bar rear axle?? or springs?

and theres no ecu on these??

Thanks given by:
Torsion bars and 306/205 coilovers fit too ThumbsUp
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They'res no ecu just a simple d turbo engine. They are one of the most comfortable cars ive ever sat in, real nice cruising bus! There's torsion bars in the back but its not the same axle as the 306s etc.
Thanks given by:
Looks really tidy! Go for it!
Thanks given by:
You will have to make sure its not a semi ecu if its tuning your after. Its pretty simple if there wires coming off the pump not as tuneable and other than that your good to go Smile
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
sweet....bit pricey tho
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
With them being big bet the weigh more than 306??

Ive e-mailed him waiting for a reply, might just go for drive up there tomorrow

Thanks given by:
Yea be slightly heavier but not as much as you may think
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
they are good motors used to repair a good few of these for a local taxi firm
krisb got a thread up about his 405
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-2185.html
Thanks given by:
Were would the ecu be so I can look for it when I look at the car

Thanks given by:
all the 405s i worked on never had one!
Thanks given by:
Looking at kris b project really want one now lol

Thanks given by:
they are good motors the main parts i used to change when repairing them as taxis was bottom ball joints (they screw into the hub) and the usual clutch pedal plastic link (can just buy the link from pug saves changing full cable) other than that just usual servicing beam bearings seem to last well on these.
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure none of 1.9 405s were semi ecu

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Would be interested in the weight difference between this and a 306?
Thanks given by:
http://www.ultimatespecs.com/car-specs/P...9D-GR.html 405 1077 weight saloon
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/fa...993/13380/ 306 1080 weight hatchback
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2012, 02:44 PM)the milkman Wrote: Yea be slightly heavier but not as much as you may think

I have a petrol one which was gutless but so fun
Thanks given by:
Just rang guy up seemed to be a right bell end couldnt give me a straight answer if he would take my HDI as a part ex so looks like a no go, mightbe worth cash buyers looking at it

Thanks given by:
You should of bought the 605 that was for sale last week
Thanks given by:
same engine as 306 some slight differences, i have a 405 engine in my 306, rumour it has stronger internals, the gearbox is shorter which makes for better acceleration in a 306, the air filter pipe routing is better, just all round better really a couple of other tiny things too like placement of alternator and stuff that makes no real difference, i've been watching this car, looks pretty sweet . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Any one wana buy my HDI so i can buy it cash lol

Thanks given by:
I have a 405 d turbo. Exactly the same engines, only difference been the air intake route. Torsion bar rear beam, shares the rear axle with the Citroën berlingo. Check the condition of rear subframe mounts as they tend to rot leaving only gravity holding it to the car. Also front suspension bushes are worth replacing as it transforms the car and will Probly solve any tracking issues which most 405s will have. Non ecu, really nice motorway cruiser and parts are dirt cheap. Buy one, you won't regret it Smile oh and the dturbo models only came with Bosch pumps, no Lucas Smile

Oh and get an estate, they look awesome lowered and they handle better than the saloon due to thicker arb and Torsion bars. Massive loadspace ftw!!!
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Looks clean enough but no way it's worth 1k!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hes not willing to take part ex so unless some one buys mine looks like a no go from the start Sad

Thanks given by:
(14-12-2012, 06:54 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Hes not willing to take part ex so unless some one buys mine looks like a no go from the start Sad

If you really want a 405 you should be able to find a decent one for less than £500, gum tree usually has the best Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
That ones got the better spec bumpers, from mi16 etc.

I have two 40Farts now... Picked up an Mi16 Le-mans few week ago. Slowly but surely robbing the best bits off it... TB's and ARB, Leather/alacantra/HEATED, leccy rear windows, leccy mirrors. Front and rear bumpers, bigger spoiler, door trims, arch extensions.

405's are gooood, although a few little downsides... Can't go much lower than 80mm front, 110 is needed lol. There's a lot more plastic inside so a lot more rattles.

The only difference with engine is that the gearbox linkage positions are different so if you ever wanna fit another gearbox from a 306 then you'll have to swap a little more than usual. You might have to spend some time updating the electrics... Lights are crap, I need to put a bigger alternator on mine, when the revs drop below 1k, on a cold night then the lights, blower don't work so well.

I've got working aircon in mine. Oh, they've got a lovely, wide air intake unlike the 306.

Have fun, giz a shout if you need owt.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2012, 07:53 PM)KrisB Wrote: That ones got the better spec bumpers, from mi16 etc.

I have two 40Farts now... Picked up an Mi16 Le-mans few week ago. Slowly but surely robbing the best bits off it... TB's and ARB, Leather/alacantra/HEATED, leccy rear windows, leccy mirrors. Front and rear bumpers, bigger spoiler, door trims, arch extensions.

405's are gooood, although a few little downsides... Can't go much lower than 80mm front, 110 is needed lol. There's a lot more plastic inside so a lot more rattles.

The only difference with engine is that the gearbox linkage positions are different so if you ever wanna fit another gearbox from a 306 then you'll have to swap a little more than usual. You might have to spend some time updating the electrics... Lights are crap, I need to put a bigger alternator on mine, when the revs drop below 1k, on a cold night then the lights, blower don't work so well.

I've got working aircon in mine. Oh, they've got a lovely, wide air intake unlike the 306.

Have fun, giz a shout if you need owt.

I've already raped an Mi16 for parts, got myself the bigger front bumper and wings and spare suspension parts, also bought an executive just to rip the seats out and a few trim pieces then scrapped the rest lol
Really need to get all the bits on and get it lowered now, reading your 405 thread has given me new enthusiasm for it. My clutch is slipping badly so was thinking about swapping in an hid box while I had it off, how was it for you? Any complications or straight forward? Pm me if its a long conversation were getting into haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Dead easy for hdi box, just convert to pull type clutch as per DT. Then swap over the leverset on the box. Don't let the top one drop into the box though!

You'll also need to use the cable driven speedo sendor from 405 box.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General d turbo questions Jukie88 4 1,054 11-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Jukie88
  Turbo questions... mspdan 8 1,966 15-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Toms306