Damn!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damn!!!!!
so yeah, had an incident with a pothole today resulting in a bent rim, collapsed wheel bearing and tracking issues.
the hole was massive, easily a meter across so pretty unavoidable with a car coming the opposite way.

im not happy about this as the roads around my house are appalling , so was wandering where I stand with trying to get the council to cover the damage done to my car, has anyone ever managed to get money from a similar situation? and if so whats the procedure for a claim?

looking at a £200 rim unless it can be repaired, £80 of tyre and £22 for a replacement wheel bearing, a wheel bearing that I only just replaced anyway less than 1000 miles ago!!

money that i do not have
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yes you can definately get the council to cover it! Im unsure exactly how but i know it can be done Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Good luck trying to get them to cough up. Not trying to be a dick, but they will do everything they can to avoid paying out... Ive been there and tried...

Report it, and stick a claim in, sit back and wait... A long time lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
i know there have already been multiple complaints about the hole from neighbors if that will help my case?
ive taken pictures of the damage to my car and will taker pics of the hole in the daylight 2moz with a tape measure. was just wandering who to write to and how to go about it, like do i get the damage sorted then try claiming my money back from them or just try getting them to cough up in the first place?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
If there have already been complaints but nothing has been done then it's definitely in your favour. They should have standard forms on your local council website for this sort of thing. Failing that call them and ask them, they should be able to send you paperwork. Make sure you take photos of the pothole though, and include copies of the invoices/bills for the repairs.
Thanks given by:
Isn't there some rules where they have to have so many complaints then so much time to do something about it?
The roads are terrible at the minute, can't imagine what they're gonna be like when we've had some snow!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
it depends on the size and depth of the hole but from what you're saying it should be well over their requirements for compensation!
Thanks given by:
That sucks man, hope you get it sorted one way or another!
Thanks given by:
Scotts correct but if they have it scheduled for repair in the books then you dont stand a chance, i did 2 and ripped wishbone out and stuff other year and another claiming for popped tyre and bumper damaged turned 1500 claim for wishbone, but accepted the tyre and asked for a quote for bumper which i got one for 700 for new and resprayed etc and they paid out but its even harder n this was years ago and takes 18month to get anything off them
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the info, will try to get my money off them, even if it takes 18 months Il be happy if i get anything eventually. It would even be worth it if at least the road gets repaired
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damn, anyone Local? Anton 1 1,330 21-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  Damn i missed trick in Home economics! Ben Jay 10 2,909 26-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Last Post: mark_airey
  Damn snow! Toms306 49 11,312 08-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy