Couple of questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of questions
Question one - Emmas Dturbo has started to act strangely when starting the car (letting glow plug light go out then turning key) nothing happens just a click, this may not always happen and sometimes it happens a couple of times before it actually turns over and starts. Once it turns over it starts no problem at all. Not sure if this is down to the one earthing point being used on the pass chassis leg as the second earthing point has a bolt snapped in it.

Also whilst driving it today it kept getting a flat spot when driving in thrid gear around 2000rpm as if the fuel temporarily cut off or the clutch slipped momentarily, this was more noticeable going uphill. But doesn't seem to have any problem when pushing it on motorways it pulls really well in 4th and 5th.

Any ideas whats causing all these? Starting to give up with 306's they seem to have been nothing but problems this month.

Finally just a quick one. I know ive read it somewhere before but whats the part on the front of this bosch for and is it a good or a bad thing to have.

[Image: bosch1le7.jpg]

I found one in a scrap yard but the one i have at home has a blanking plate in its place. If its better to blank it is it just a case of swapping parts over?

Thanks
John
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
First one does sound like it could be that earth you mentioned but also could be battery terminals :p might be worth cleaning them up if you havent before Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Check the wiring on the starter motor, one of mine was loose and it would just click instead of turning over, I tightened and fiddled with the wiring and its been fine ever since. The flat spot maybe fuel filter.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
pumps are the same fozzy don't worry too much it will work that's the main thing!

Is different types of advance mechanism one is flated off and the other is solinoided
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the answers will take a look at the weekend and see if i can sort some of the issues Smile
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Couple of bosch questions... philpemberton94 11 2,233 05-08-2014, 12:11 PM
Last Post: pioneer DJ paddy
  Couple of Bosch VE questions SKoob 19 4,967 26-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Last Post: SKoob