The "Whats wrong with this picture" thread
As above, whats wrong with this picture:

[Image: IMAG1307.jpg]

Getting a bit sick of this now. Dodgy
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pretty poor MPGs man Sad
Thanks given by:
Tell me about it! Beginning to run out of ideas as to whats wrong now as well! Angry
Thanks given by:
Wow, that's shocking!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
There has to be a leak somewhere? I've not read much of your other threads yet so not sure what you have and haven't checked...
Thanks given by:
So far have found no leaks, apart from the one that threatened my trip to Ace (fuel pump bung if you didnt catch that thread), injector leak-offs are fine, pump has been turned down (much to my dismay!), theres no sign of fuel leaking under the bonnet, both the tank and the lines are all dry, as said, im running out of options, and it seems to be getting worse!

Someone mentioned maybe the pump timing is out, but why would that gradually get worse?
Thanks given by:
What about your driving? Brakes binding? Is your car loaded up? Are you enormously heavy? haha
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 06:16 PM)Tom Wrote: What about your driving? Brakes binding? Is your car loaded up? Are you enormously heavy? haha

Cheeky sod! lmao

I can be a little heavy footed sometimes, boost kinda does that to you i find Wink but since having this problem, ive been trying to be as gentle as possible on it!

Rear brakes were replaced fairly recently, and the fronts don't seem to have any issue either. I have got a few bits in the boot, but nothing majorly heavy! Subs been in there from day one, as have the kids car seats (they're polystyrene though, so dont weigh anything anyway! lol), got the remains of an air filter setup in there, but again they're plastic so don't weigh anything, and thats about it.
Thanks given by:
It will get worse in the cold.... But there must be something about where you drive/your driving style if theres no leak. Are you filling up to the click each time? If so, whats your actual mpg?

But whats wrong with the pic is your DT has done less miles than my HDi! Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Sorry haha i took the chance it would be laughed at and you wernt serious overweight or suicidal lol

Other than brakes or weight in the car i dont know lol... Possibly like tom said could be where you go maybe your roads are quite demanding on the engine?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Is that 260 from a full tank.
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 06:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It will get worse in the cold.... But there must be something about where you drive/your driving style if theres no leak. Are you filling up to the click each time? If so, whats your actual mpg?

lol Only had 104k on it when i bought it in January! Big Grin

Roads are pretty good round here tbh, and i cant see how i can drive much more sensibly, unless i strap a bit of 4x2 to the bottom of the throttle pedal! lmao

(12-12-2012, 06:57 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Is that 260 from a full tank.

No, but with just over a quarter left, cant see me managing more than about 350 to the tank.
Thanks given by:
ive lost about 80miles per tankfull now the weathers got cold
Thanks given by:
I meant was the car full, when you reset the clock.

And you have driven 260 miles from then.

Ps I only get 350-400 miles with normal driving from my car.
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 07:08 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 06:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It will get worse in the cold.... But there must be something about where you drive/your driving style if theres no leak. Are you filling up to the click each time? If so, whats your actual mpg?

lol Only had 104k on it when i bought it in January! Big Grin

Roads are pretty good round here tbh, and i cant see how i can drive much more sensibly, unless i strap a bit of 4x2 to the bottom of the throttle pedal! lmao

I didn't man the road surface, unless your dai;y commute involves salt flats lol. I meant is it mainly town traffic, or 75+ motorway......both of those seem to kill mpg! As well as short drives.

I didn't even get 50mpg from my HDi this time and I was trying to drive sensibly, so for the next couple of weeks I'm just gonna drive without thinking about mpg to see if theres a difference...if not then Imight aswell honn it about lol.
Thanks given by:
Motorway driving is generally considered to give high MPG. As for your MPG problem, WiNgNuTz, try replacing your fuel filter. When my fuel filter was blocked my MPG went down from 55 to about 40. But unless there are symptoms of having a blocked fuel filter perhaps that's not the problem anyway. The best thing to do from here would be to chuck the Bosch on.
Thanks given by:
Motorway driving at a constant 55/60mph will be good for mpg yes. 75+ isn't.........but lets face it, who can keep to 60 for long periods of time on the motorway without cruise control anyway. Undecided
Thanks given by:
I dunno I regularly drive at high speeds and still get about 45mpg.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't call 45mpg good! Confused
Thanks given by:
Mark - sorry, yes that was from a full tank.

Tom - again, sorry, it's been a long day! Lol. I'm usually driving to and from bexhill and Hastings, about 6 miles or so, once in the morning for work, then home again later. Sometimes heading from bexhill to Hastings to pick the missus up and take her back to bexhill again, but that's generally the longest trip I make.

Wonder if it might just be the cold then? Huh
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 08:11 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I wouldn't call 45mpg good! Confused

It is-for high speedsDodgy
Thanks given by:
45 on the motorway is pants!! And motorway driving is dull no matter what speed you're doing, so I find holding a constant 65 (~60 on the satnav) pretty easy.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
I find ways to motorway driving interesting...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 08:24 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Mark - sorry, yes that was from a full tank.

Tom - again, sorry, it's been a long day! Lol. I'm usually driving to and from bexhill and Hastings, about 6 miles or so, once in the morning for work, then home again later. Sometimes heading from bexhill to Hastings to pick the missus up and take her back to bexhill again, but that's generally the longest trip I make.

Wonder if it might just be the cold then? Huh

6 mile trips!? Theres your problem then.....
Thanks given by:
Leaking from the 90 between the filler neck and the tank? Iv had this happen twice now, both times it split at the top, the MPG is fecking redick on my gti then it really started to stink of fuel and thats when i found it, but when it happend on the DT i would never of found the issue if it didnt happen on the 6, just a thought

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(12-12-2012, 08:28 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: 45 on the motorway is pants!! And motorway driving is dull no matter what speed you're doing, so I find holding a constant 65 (~60 on the satnav) pretty easy.

I find I want to get to dull things done and out of the way asap........I manage 60 for a few miles, but then get bored and my mind wanders and it creeps to 80.....and stays there lol.

(12-12-2012, 08:30 PM)samass Wrote: I find ways to motorway driving interesting...

Not sure we wanna know.... Huh
Thanks given by:
I know what your problem is... Looking at your picture, It looks as if your driving with your hand brake on. Big Grin
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No one likes a smart arse Kent! lol
Thanks given by:
Love me really! Smile.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Are you on the right size tyres, the right gear box and is your speedo accurate (if you do a trip that google maps says is 100 miles does the trip computer show 100 miles)

I do think alot of your problem will be down to doing 6 mile drives so the car never properly warms up to become efficient. My mpg is pretty poor going to and from work as im running a 1200rpm cold idle cos of the veg when its warm the idle is 850rpm.

Have you ever actually worked out your MPG from brimmed to brimmed before. If you havent do you have the money to brim it then go for a long motorway drive at a constant speed, 70mph will be fine. (lap of the M25 maybe if your not planning on going anywhere) and fill it back up at the same pump of the same petrol station at about the same ambient temperature then see what your MPG is.
Thanks given by: