Looks like I'm going to be more active on here...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like I'm going to be more active on here...
Well, looks like I'm going to be more active on here than first anticipated.

Got a phonecall from my boss on tuesday saying "I've got some bad news for you". I thought, Shit - what have I f*cked up now. Thinking one of my jobs had gone tits up.. Turns out my whole job had gone tits up. We got called into the office today after having 2 days paid for sitting at home waiting. Had a big meeting with some big-shot accountants who basically said the bank has pulled the plug on the company I work for because they've got little/no cashflow. So the company is insolvent and as of today I am now redundant and unemployed for the foreseeable future. Looks like there's no more £££ going into the bank for me or the car, I really hope it doesn't mean I have to sell that car. But tax is out month after next and so is insurance so i expect it will be declared SORN for a month or two and i'll be cycling everywhere Sad

On the brightside, I get to brighten up your day by being on here abit more often Big Grin
Thanks given by:
That's crap for you mate! Start looking for a new job now ten you can keep the car on the road! Even if it's a crappy temporary job!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah that sucks man! Im in the same position atm! Got let go 3 months ago and unfortunatly had to sign on at jobcentre a week ago but rhey help a lot! Lot of decent jobs available through them
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bad luck Jacko. Sad

There's feckall jobs about atm as well.

I'm working at Ford for a couple of weeks (work experience) and yesterday, there was so little to do I couldn't believe it. I was working with like the main tech of the commercial side, and we just had about 5 jobs during the whole day!! Some 'sold' transits to service, a misfire/fuel problem (bloody ECUs) and a van with a clutch problem. The tech said its the worst he'd known it, and it's because the other trades can't get work, so they're not using the vans much and the knock on of that is that they aren't breaking down. I genuinely don't know what to do about getting a paid job atm either, as I was gonna ask if Fords would keep me on after the W/E but if theres not enough work for thier own staff they aren't gonna want any more!! And I'd assume its the same with most other jobs atm. Sad
Thanks given by:
Luckily, I've still got contacts with my old employer (Wickes) and they're interviewing next week. So I popped in for a Application form today and going to drop it back in later/tomorrow and then my sisters also got me an application for for Screwfix because her mate is a supervisor there. Trying to stay in the trade/retail side of my job so that I can still kepp my mindset in the correct manner.
Thanks given by:
Good man! Hope you get it sorted!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tom you talk rubbish there's loads of jobs out there at the moment!

Sorry to hear that mate but don't let it get you down too much. Just get out there and get your CV about. Try and do it soon before all the Uni students finish and start looking for jobs.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
If there's loads of jobs why are there so many out of work atm? Maybe its different where you are niall but there really isn't much here.
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:If there's loads of jobs why are there so many out of work atm? Maybe its different where you are niall but there really isn't much here.

Un employed numbers are gong down.
I'm pretty sure if you looked around, it's not that bad.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
sorry to here that mate, chin up and i hope you get it sorted soon.
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
tom you may have to travel for jobs,

sorry to here that jacko pal. hope your sorted out soon.
Thanks given by:
Tom maybe it's because you look like a paedo and no one wants to employ you? Wink

Gotta talk to my apprenticeship provider and see if I have done enough at work to be able to qualify. I think I have so it should be okay. Interviews are next week, and hopefully I get in?
Thanks given by: