few questions on mine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
few questions on mine
1999 306 hdi questions for advice

firstly my hdi seems a tad bit sluggish from start (no tourque) what could this be?

second it has a chip on it from ecu goin to fuel rail (last owner), am i rite in wantin to take this off to start fresh to get it ready for stage 1 remap? it has bosch fuel pump already aswell.

thirdly whats the best airfilter to buy for this car?
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 11:36 AM)MIKE-FORD Wrote: 1999 306 hdi questions for advice

firstly my hdi seems a tad bit sluggish from start (no tourque) what could this be?

second it has a chip on it from ecu goin to fuel rail (last owner), am i rite in wantin to take this off to start fresh to get it ready for stage 1 remap? it has bosch fuel pump already aswell.

all HDI's have a bosch fuel pump . .you're getting muddled with the Xud engines . . yes i reckon get rid of the chip, probs be shit and you'd be way better off with a re-map . .as far as the sluggishness goes . . .service her mate, oil and all filters and then see how she goes . .Smile

hope this helps . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
newb to the car bud so didnt know, gonna rip chip off as dunno what the hell it is as all i know it could be a ebay bodge, was gonna put a induction kit on it but dunno what one is best to go for?
Thanks given by:
K & N panel is best mate
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 11:50 AM)MIKE-FORD Wrote: newb to the car bud so didnt know, gonna rip chip off as dunno what the hell it is as all i know it could be a ebay bodge, was gonna put a induction kit on it but dunno what one is best to go for?

well service her first and tbh you don't need an induction kit on, just replace the filter, unless you want a bit more noise then put an open K&N cone filter on or similar . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
They are slow lol.....time a 30-70 and compare it to someone elses. If its really that bad its probably something like the MAF sensor failing.

The chip, yes bin it.

Air filter well no pont in an induction kit, it'll not sound like a petrol so might aswell get an uprated panel instead, should reduce heatsoak too.
Thanks given by:
Tom, how the hell is an "uprated" (read "shit at filtering") panel filter going to reduce heatsoak? Where do you get this stuff from? But yeah, try unplugging the maf, if performance improves or stays the same, you've found your culprit.

As already said, bin the chip and give her a good service, always improves things. IMO the best air filter for these is a genuine pug one, after seeing some test results on the subject.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 04:23 PM)Poodle Wrote: Tom, how the hell is an "uprated" (read "shit at filtering") panel filter going to reduce heatsoak? Where do you get this stuff from? But yeah, try unplugging the maf, if performance improves or stays the same, you've found your culprit.

As already said, bin the chip and give her a good service, always improves things. IMO the best air filter for these is a genuine pug one, after seeing some test results on the subject.

i don't stick up for Tom but errrrr . .he means reduce heatsoak over a cone filter, which is what the OP was on about . . . . .

and no Tom this doesn't make us closer . .lol
Thanks given by:
Ah yes, maybe so. Sorry Tom, jumping to conclusions again. lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle! Your such an angry man!!
Thanks given by:
Hahaha, no that's just the way i talk, it's all said with a grin. You'll understand when you met me in person. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I imagine you as a right lady garden if i met you in public!!

Your only down the road too!
Thanks given by:
Oh ta very much haha! You're from Basingstoke anyway, your opinion doesn't count. :p
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
im not from their! I just reside near their!
Thanks given by:
You chose to move there out of choice, which is almost as scary lol.

Anyway let's stop spamming this poor bloke's thread, he's new, whatever will he think of us.

(Apart from thinking i'm a lady garden, obvs.)
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
i didnt chose to live their either! I have to!
Thanks given by:
Bah excuses excuses, not of heard of guilt by association?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sean, ''there''.

But it's true, Poodle is a lady garden. Tongue
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Is that why you won't make love to me?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Pretty much. I'm rather selective.

lmao

who am I kidding??? you just haven't got your turn yet Wink
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
got car back today with new oil cooler fitter but still oil in rad :/ but been pressure tested and all ok?

tested maf sensor aswell and made it werse so put back on but engine light on now so need that reset, grrr think it could be the fuel pump turned down also there is no smoke from exhaust and mean NOOOOO smoke?
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 11:44 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

all HDI's have a bosch fuel pump . .you're getting muddled with the Xud engines . . yes i reckon get rid of the chip, probs be shit and you'd be way better off with a re-map . .as far as the sluggishness goes . . .service her mate, oil and all filters and then see how she goes . .Smile

hope this helps . .Smile

Pretty sure mine had a Siemens pump when I owned my hdi.

Was a while ago though!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2012, 08:38 AM)Jake Wrote:
(28-11-2012, 11:44 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

hope this helps . .Smile

Was a while ago though!

oh ok . . . . . . Blush i'll pipe down then, don't think it makes a deal of difference though does it/ . .anyway are you sure? . . .thought they did ecu's and shit? . Smile
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2012, 09:15 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(30-11-2012, 08:38 AM)Jake Wrote:
(28-11-2012, 11:44 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: all HDI's have a bosch fuel pump . .you're getting muddled with the Xud engines . . yes i reckon get rid of the chip, probs be shit and you'd be way better off with a re-map . .as far as the sluggishness goes . . .service her mate, oil and all filters and then see how she goes . .Smile

hope this helps . .Smile

Was a while ago though!

oh ok . . . . . . Blush i'll pipe down then, don't think it makes a deal of difference though does it/ . .anyway are you sure? . . .thought they did ecu's and shit? . Smile

Not sure at all! Haha, just remember seeing it saying Siemens around the fuel pump area!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Thought siemens stuff came on the later engine like the 2.2 or 16v that's why prosteve etc can't remap those engines?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
All 306 HDi's have Bosch pumps. As Steve says, Siemens stuff only appeared no the later engines and some commercial stuff, so unless your car has had a full engine and ecu transplant it'll be a Bosch.

These pumps can't be turned up or down by hand, it's all done through the map. If yours had a chip on it it's unlikely to be mapped as well, especially if you're complaining about it being sluggish. There's a chance the chip has knackered your fuel system faster than would otherwise be the case, you need to get it on PP2K or some other decent diagnostics really. Where are you based?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
andover in hampshire bud
Thanks given by:
Round the corner from me then.
What ecu code is it as I have a few maps.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
dunno mate, u know much bout them? you got the 306 estate? as my mate goin on bout someone around here with one and a meridian red one with black wheels whats the same as mine as he was in andover lastnite and drove past me
Thanks given by:
Im not far away then mate, can come over and stick it on pp2k for a few beer tokens.

Poodle
Thanks given by: