Pics of my non pug project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pics of my non pug project
Well i have always been into Fords and i wanted something a little different so i got this off ebay for the sum of190 quid.
While i keep the 306 hdi as my economical daily driver

It is a mk1 mondeo 4x4 si.

[Image: mk1.jpg]

[Image: mk12.jpg]

And after a few quid and a lot of hard work it looks a little different.

It was a feature car in fast ford April 2010
I know it won't be to everyones tastes but i wanted to do something different that hasn't been done before.
And it surprises and upsets lots of supposedly more expensive and fast cars!!

The car has had so much done to it it would take me ages to list everything but engine wise, it is a 2003 focus rs engine with KMS management group A k&N up rated charge cooler rad mongoose decat pipe and an AP stage one organic clutch. Full twin exit powerflow exhaust.

Exterior it had a full re paint in panther black, along with a phase one rs kit fitted, and an astra gte 16v bonnet vent.

Interior has corbeau forsa sport seats and all the rear seats and door cards have been done in the same cloth.

suspension and brakes. Kad six pots up front, standard rears, bilstein b6 shocks with spax springs uprated 21mm rear anti roll bar, rose jointed adjustable front and rear drop links, front and rear strut braces, tubular rose jointed rear arms. Every single bush is poly bushed. And it is on 17 inch diamond cut rs7 spokes, although its's winter wheels are OZ 18 inch F1 cup 2 piece split rims

[Image: IMAG0388-1.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0250.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0249.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0248.jpg]

[Image: Photo0193.jpg]

[Image: 4x4MondeoPaignton0024.jpg]

[Image: 4x4MondeoPaignton0028.jpg]

[Image: 4x4MondeoPaignton0074.jpg]

[Image: Photo0153.jpg]

[Image: S4010025-2.jpg]

[Image: Photo0187.jpg]

[Image: 4x4MondeoPaignton0099.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0246.jpg]

[Image: 4x4MondeoPaignton0014.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0024.jpg]

Cheers Titch
Thanks given by:
I'm not so keen on the morrettes or the eyebrows, but it looks pretty well done to be honest. I may well get slated for it but I think it looks quite tidy. The powerflow twin exhausts don't look too bad either, at least they're not the size of bin cans haha Wink

Got any videos?
Thanks given by:
f*ck me, a few quid have been spent on that!

Think it's uber ugly tbh though
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome. Lot of respect to the effort & ££££ gone into that!

<3 the brakes!
Thanks given by:
Remember seeing this on .net way back. Big fan of the mk1 Mondeo, had a 2.0 hatch and TD estate battlebus back in day. They're getting rare nowadays too with 90% of the ones I see having rust and gaffer-taped bumpers lol. Love the RS kit but I prefer it on the polished RS wheels.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Do like it. Carnt help thinking it would look a lot better/cleaner with original lights. I've had a mk1 and a mk2. You get a lot of car for your dosh.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That looks the nuts, spend a fair bit of wonga.
[Image: IMAG0356-1.gif]
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the replies i know it is not to everyones tastes
The white OZ wheels are just the winter wheels for it and the diamond cut 7 spokes go back on it in the Summer.
Yeah the mk1 is getting quite rare now especially the 4 wheel drive ones like this.

Funny you should mention the standard headlights i have a new set in the garage waiting to go on when the weather gets a bit better.

I have spent quite a bit on it but i have done alot myself to, but it also helps when one of your bast mates owns a body shop and the other a re trimmers.
Thanks given by:
IMHO, it's.. not what I'd want.

BUT. You've put a lot of time, effort and money into it, and it shows. So fair play. You've also helped me decide on a colour scheme for my interior lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
This was the donor car..

[Image: car-1.jpg]

And a few pics of the engine going in.

[Image: S4010002-1.jpg]

[Image: S4010001.jpg]

[Image: S4010003-1.jpg]

[Image: S4010006.jpg]

[Image: S4010004-1.jpg]

[Image: S4010021.jpg]
Thanks given by:
always been a fan of well done engine conversions. this has something of the ford sierra about it. likey Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Thanks Big Grin
Thanks given by:
can certainly see the effort and monmey put into that, seems tidy! not to my tastes tho... but to each their own
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Hmm my first car was a 2lire mondeo! When I was 17 paid £100 on eBay and insurance was dodgy/ skanky as f*ck!
But I loved it! Was so comfy and pretty nippy! Just weighed a ton handled like a boat and looked like shit with.... Yep you guessed gaffer taped front bumper! Big Grin
My dad had it after me and was turning it into a st! He was also thinking of the focus rs engine conversion. Iirc isn't it a straight bolt in job just about? Same mounts?

Top work for this even the morrets look okay! Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah it was a pretty straight forward bolt in job, needed to use mk2 mondeo engine mounts as the mk1's are slightly different, and as mine is 4 wheel drive the sump needed modifying to allow for the transfer box.
Thanks given by:
Well it is certainly quite the transformation! Not sure about the morettes and Ill be interested to see what it looks like with standard lights. For me the front bumper looks a bit too bulky but in the rolling shots it looks very aggressive Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Does look mean/angry in rolling shots but also looks very cluttered/busy
Thanks given by:
love it mate!!

spend quite some time on passion ford, insane projects there!!! very nice!
Thanks given by:
My first thought -

[Image: 40438_266386.jpg]

Yummy.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I like this, don't usually like mondeos but this I love
Thanks given by:
I love it I had a mk2 loved it everyday I drive it it made me smile mine was 200 bhp of fun lol
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by: