The Racetractor. The End.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Racetractor. The End.
That looks too clean, get some oil on it!

Very impressive.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
thanks all for comments...helping me along Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Got some small bits done...each bit is proving to take longer than it should...having to mash some 1.9 bits with 2.1 to make it all work.

But got the covers clean/painted and on

[Image: 20130606_142525_zps59be93e6.jpg]

Also started on the maze of quite wonderfully made coolant pipes and bits

[Image: 20130606_142559_zpsc8f1a601.jpg]
[Image: 20130606_142549_zps5e031f8c.jpg]
[Image: 20130606_142542_zpsd6265f1a.jpg]

and my new distraction:

[Image: 20130606_125939_zps9eb75f48.jpg]
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Little progress from a lot of hard work!!
each little job, takes ages...it wouldnt if just a xud9 build...but each bit takes a little customization to get right.

so I knew the injector lines would need tweaking to fit....so I polished them up expected just minor adjustments...hell no...each one was way out...ended up using two bosch lines and two lucas, and all needed 'rerouting'!!

[Image: 20130608_193728_zpsdd3f77ed.jpg]

same went for the aux tensioner....bargain at £15 posted new from Poland....but needed grinding a couple places to fit around the xud11 sump/covers...

[Image: 20130608_193759_zps688ade97.jpg]

exhaust mani is now on, and 4 new bolts, reduced in size slightly, for the engine mount, as its a xud9 mount.

[Image: 20130608_193846_zps6160e7a9.jpg]

got two problems now...
the muppets who ripped the engine out of the 406 were way too trigger happy with the grinder...

[Image: 20130608_193915_zps749b97d5.jpg]

its about 75% of the way through...not sure what to do yet...any ideas welcome.

and also this:

[Image: 20130608_193809_zpsfe9bc8ca.jpg]

note the 2.1 pump cradle has no bolt holes for the top alternator bracket. fail.

hoping Ozone will get me some piccys of his to see what was done there...
Ozone, can you get piccys of where the coolant pipes run to aswell, as they pop out in different places on the 2.1
ta
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
pm'd you the pics Smile

also I notice you dont have your oil filler neck on yet, I have a feeling your going to have to bend your injector lines to fit around it when you put it on, just a heads up Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
yeah I test fitted it with the first try with bosch lines and it was fine....but not again with the two lucas ones...I hate the idea of bending them so much!
Ps ta for pics
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
starting cleaning up the turbo...

[Image: 20130608_201932_zps1e19e47f.jpg]

kit on way as it needs rebuilding
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Looking mint mate. Shame to fit it to a engine bay soonjust for the expansion tank to shit it self and paint everything orange!!!!

Btw, dog looks quality. Love labs!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
great faith in my ability thanks Nial!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
haha nah didnt mean it like that. It just seems that all DTs go that way at some point in their lives like a trademark!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Well, hopefully after flushing everything out, there shouldnt be any murky water in it...but I spose red/orange coolant wouldnt be much fun.

labs are ace too!

her name is ziggy!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nice. Ive got a 5 year old chocolate one. Probably the most stupid animal you will meet but there great fun pets!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(10-06-2013, 03:46 PM)Niall Wrote: Nice. Ive got a 5 year old chocolate one. Probably the most stupid animal you will meet but there great fun pets!

very thick. very funny. very loyal. the best

[Image: 20130611_112348_zps6ceaed75.jpg]
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
WHAT!!!

[Image: 20130611_112348_zps6ceaed75.jpg]

Is that cos of the rust? have you got a better shell? i was just gonna offer you an entire C pillar so you could cut out the bits you need to weld in
Thanks given by:
I have never ever seen such bad rot on any pug, let alone a 306.

Both from chassis legs gone...and due to that, front floor pan was showing bad signs.....and the roof. and rear inner sills....

I had two options....work hard on the shell, dents, rust etc....or cut my losses...fill it with scrap metal I been saving to weigh in, strip it of all the bits I may use or others could...sell the phase1 bits I got....

and look for a mint phase 3 shell.

So am in market for a phase 3 now...prefer diablo or cherry red. Brakes/suspension/interior/engine can all be fubared...just need a good shell.
prefer the 1.9nad too to make things easy...but not too fussed so long as decent shell!

I had to reason all the effort on engine and parts and interior only to put in a shell that is way past scrapbydate would be pointless.

I am trying to build a 'new' 306. wasnt guna happen with the cossack.

(I guess a MINT phase1 5dr shell would be ok. But would like to update my life a bit!)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Great project, engine looks mint Smile Shame about the shell, hopefully you'll find a nice one though. Does it have to be 5 door?

As for the engine mount I''ve only been using two of the studs for nearly 6 months due to losing one of the nuts and forgetting about it. Seems fine. Or you could probably just weld the stud up quite easily?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2013, 11:16 AM)Ben Wrote: Great project, engine looks mint Smile Shame about the shell, hopefully you'll find a nice one though. Does it have to be 5 door?

As for the engine mount I''ve only been using two of the studs for nearly 6 months due to losing one of the nuts and forgetting about it. Seems fine. Or you could probably just weld the stud up quite easily?

Yeah, I think I will grind a larger slot and weld/grind/weld till smooth.

I would have to drill it out otherwise. WIll see how the welding goes...the 2.1 is few kg heavier!

this just arrived...

[Image: 20130611_114226_zps78be2bda.jpg]

a clue to how I will fit that GT2056!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Id see if the stud has enough strength left to double nut the top and screw it out then just fit a new one.
Thanks given by:
it turns on the split easily...tried just a pair of grips...and it started to bend on the splice immediately
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
bit more polishing....half way me rekons...

[Image: 20130612_211435_zpsd4cecbac.jpg]

still no new shell Sad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
This build is sexual! Top effort on the maticulous attention to detail at every stage. should be awesome once it's up and running.
A nuisance with the shell being a rot box, but it'll be worth having something decent to drop the lump into.

As for the engine mount, i'd suggest getting a professional to extract and replace - getting it out shouldnt be too tough. Even if you have to drill it out and re-thread it, it's work'able
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Yeah think I will first attempt a weld fix....and if that dont work, a drill. Even if its nut/bolt, it'll do the job.

Some more polishing:

first, to flat it some more...

[Image: 20130613_163755_zps1bfc04e5.jpg]

then polish:

[Image: 20130613_175910_zpsb25e8e22.jpg]
[Image: 20130613_175919_zps56bbc34f.jpg]
[Image: 20130613_212035_zps7998d76b.jpg]

the polish is still removing tarnish, so have bit more shine yet Smile

thoughts on what to do with hot side of turbo???
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Do the same to the hot side you should be able to get it looking good as its metal at the end of the day, might not stay looking so good though being iron lol.

Really loving your attention to detail on this project dude.
Thanks given by:
How big are your wrists after all that polishing?
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 08:55 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: How big are your wrists after all that polishing?

not as big as yours for all that (enter thought here)

hehe!

Its me fingers that are sore actually....skin cracking!

Was thinking of polishing up hotside....hmmm...wont stay like that though...

what about VHT red? or black? or silver?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
In my experience anything that I cleaned / polished / painted on my rebuild was instantly covered in oil as soon as I fitted it.
Thanks given by:
In my experience thats due to poor fitting Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
When you bleed injectors, when you do anything, spatters of oil just go places... It's just life lol!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Hmm true.
You can be too OCD/anal about it, but I will keep it clean.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Update:

had to replace the pump cradle...the 2.1 original takes the bosch pump but gives no bracket holes for the top alternator bracket.

I assumed be simpler to polish up a xud9 one and fit than make a new top bracket....
well I was sort of right.
Had to grind a bit off the cradle and that fits...
now cut and spliced and glued the 2.1 and 1.9 pump pulley cover to make one that fits.....yet to paint and fit...pics soon

TURBO TIME!
after a late night and not thinking...I couldnt fit it all togetheir right....6am this morning I awoke with the solution....so jumped up and got it built!

[Image: 20130618_152928_zps65320c11.jpg]
[Image: 20130618_152915_zpsd261ce07.jpg]

there is some final polishing to do once in engine bay, as no doubt it will get dirty with trial fitting etc

was going to polish or paint hot side...but wanted to keep focus on the shiny cold side!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: