RCL Swap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RCL Swap
Right my remote central locking is starting to bug me now, cant seem to find what's wrong with it just nothing happens from the key but there's a red light on the key so its not the battery

What i want to know is how hard would it be to swap from a ph2 CL system to a ph3 and what would i need for it ?

Don't want to go down the.route of aftermarket stuff
Thanks given by:
you would need a new ecu, bsi and key chip (all matching from the same car) and maybe a new loom. a lot of work for not much!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Didn't think you'd need the ecu, that because its from a different phase or is it something to do with immobiliser ?
Thanks given by:
Any reason you don't fancy going aftermarket ?
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2012, 12:42 AM)rocker8742 Wrote: Didn't think you'd need the ecu, that because its from a different phase or is it something to do with immobiliser ?

ECU is coded to the immobiliser which is built into the bsi
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Just never been a fan of the aftermarket setups

Seems like a lot of haste to switch then, may have to try and get this setup working
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2012, 09:12 AM)rocker8742 Wrote: Just never been a fan of the aftermarket setups

Seems like a lot of haste to switch then, may have to try and get this setup working

Love my aftermarket... Works much further away, lets me do the windows up with the fob and I actually have an alarm.

Not to mention it makes my insurance e cheaper.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
When i asked my insurer if i had an alarm fitted would it make it cheaper they told me it would go up lol
Thanks given by: