Need opinions?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need opinions?
Right guys looking at getting a brand new car..

As some of you guys know I drive for a living so this car I will be spending 40+ hours in a week.

I am going to go down the finance route, however I am going to pay as much as I can upfront to obviously reduce monthly payments

I've decided on the new Corsa 1.7 cdti eco flex
Gets roughly 63mpg while it's 130bhp with around 300nm torque.

Only £30 a year tax...

Another reason I have decided this is that it's a good price for insurance and obviously running costs.

My question is, has anyone experienced or heard of bad things with either a.) the engine b.) the car??

The monthly payment doesn't worry me as my best friend bought me my 306 and I have been paying him £200 a month to pay it off, so obviously I know I can afford the monthly payments.
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Dont buy brand new. its pointless. get a approved used or similar. Less depreciation, still got a warranty and will probably be less than 2 years old.
Personally i hate vauxhalls. There uncomfortable, poorly built and tacky

buy my skoda for £7800? 70k miles, full skoda service history, new clutch at 30k and its been REALLY well looked after....honest!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Also, I'd advise not taking finance (unless you are absolutely certain it's the best deal around), we found getting a bank loan was cheaper to repay than finance from a garage.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Tried an Octavia and the insurance was too much.. My insurance would drop £90 per month with this new car.

I know everyone says avoid brand new, but I can't afford a car outright and I'm not getting a loan. I think the thing that sounds the most appealing was that they have a 100k mile warranty and my friend works for VX so can get me the best deal.

Also was look at the new Fabia Monte Carlo which looks good.

BTW my boss gave a extra pay today as he knows that I get abused on the road by other reps/wholesalers in my current car and he wants to help me out lol

Btw I meant that I CANT get a loan, my grandma said she'd be my guarantor or the owner if I get declined.

(23-11-2012, 06:48 PM)burnmw Wrote: Also, I'd advise not taking finance (unless you are absolutely certain it's the best deal around), we found getting a bank loan was cheaper to repay than finance from a garage.

It works out cheaper per month cause Vauxhall is 0%

Thanks given by:
that vauxhall 100k warranty means f*ck all mate. Google it and look into the small print of it.

Personally if i was doing the driving you was, i would want something bigger and more comfortable. the corsa won't be very comfy on the motorway at all!!
I never thought i would say this but considered one of the new kia Ceeds? mines been ordered and i was dreading getting it till a few days ago when i drove past a kia dealer near me who had one out front. Stopped and did the whole "i want to buy one of these" bollocks to have a proper look and demo and they are really good actually. built just as well as anything vag, lots of toys for the money and look ok and are quite comfy!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(23-11-2012, 06:59 PM)Niall Wrote: that vauxhall 100k warranty means f*ck all mate. Google it and look into the small print of it.

Personally if i was doing the driving you was, i would want something bigger and more comfortable. the corsa won't be very comfy on the motorway at all!!
I never thought i would say this but considered one of the new kia Ceeds? mines been ordered and i was dreading getting it till a few days ago when i drove past a kia dealer near me who had one out front. Stopped and did the whole "i want to buy one of these" bollocks to have a proper look and demo and they are really good actually. built just as well as anything vag, lots of toys for the money and look ok and are quite comfy!

I've read the warranty is good, aren't kias servicing more frequent and expensive though?

I Did look at Kia pro'ceed as an option

Gonna go for a test drive tomorrow with the corsa so we'll see how it goes. Tbh I've giving it loads of thought as I won't be getting the car until next April/may

Thanks given by:
(23-11-2012, 07:02 PM)kyleo92 Wrote:
(23-11-2012, 06:59 PM)Niall Wrote: that vauxhall 100k warranty means f*ck all mate. Google it and look into the small print of it.

I've read the warranty is good, aren't kias servicing more frequent and expensive though?

I Did look at Kia pro'ceed as an option

Gonna go for a test drive tomorrow with the corsa so we'll see how it goes. Tbh I've giving it loads of thought as I won't be getting the car until next April/may

ours are serviced every 20k so i dont really see that as frequent servicing tbh!
The pro ceed is only on the older model at the moment according to their website which is very plasticy inside and the engines are shite (weve been through loads of them)
the new ceed is not built by kia and is much better built and also uses a better engine. Think the new proceed comes out early next year!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yeh I am quite against Vauxhalls in general, never had a good experience with them unless they're old.
Had a new one, water leak, injectors, head issues, ecu issues, suspension issues, total nightmare and ended up with a Kia and has been a year of trouble free...

I would get a big derv bus like a volvo or something similar thats like driving your armchair, and still get 55mpg.

Something german in my opinion... especially if you're gonna be using it for your job..
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Argh! Too many decisions !! I don't care about the make of the car too much at the end of the day as long as its safe comfortable and doesn't slow down on hills I'm all good..

My dream car would be either a DS4 or Astra with the Bi-turbo engine...

Niall aren't Kia now built in germany?

Kias mileage limit is 25k on their website for finance, it will be run though me not my company :-(

Thanks given by:
(23-11-2012, 07:06 PM)Dave Wrote: Something german in my opinion... especially if you're gonna be using it for your job..

this man speaks sense i hate to say it. As a motorway cruiser, german cars are great but make sure you get a warranty on it because when it goes wrong (and dont be fooled by this "its german, it never goes wrong" thing because they do!) it will be bloody expensive to fix!!!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(23-11-2012, 07:06 PM)Dave Wrote: Yeh I am quite against Vauxhalls in general, never had a good experience with them unless they're old.
Had a new one, water leak, injectors, head issues, ecu issues, suspension issues, total nightmare and ended up with a Kia and has been a year of trouble free...

I would get a big derv bus like a volvo or something similar thats like driving your armchair, and still get 55mpg.

Something german in my opinion... especially if you're gonna be using it for your job..

I don't do big though Rolleyes hatch is perfect size for me tbh bearing in mind I'm only 20 with 2 years NCD tend to find anything bigger than 2.0 is too much insurance

Thanks given by:
yes kyle, they are built in germany but im not sure who by! as i said, i was really shocked when i went to look at the new ceed. its so much better than the old ceed. im actually not fussed about giving up the octy now!
If you do it through a lease company kyle, you could have it for unlimited mileage. I know ares are unlimited mileage 3 year leases with maintenance included (thats another thing, have you considered things like tyres, servicing, replaceable parts like cambelts) for less than £190 a month!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
If your boss is wanting to help, would he not be prepared to get a work car sorted out for you, even if you take a small deduction in wages to pay he's likely to get a better deal etc.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2012, 07:16 PM)burnmw Wrote: If your boss is wanting to help, would he not be prepared to get a work car sorted out for you, even if you take a small deduction in wages to pay he's likely to get a better deal etc.

this tbh he should do. Cant really expect you to do that sort of mileage in your own car.

kyle, try getting a quote on my car for insurance. think youll be suprised and the nice spec ones can be really cheap now!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(23-11-2012, 07:16 PM)burnmw Wrote: If your boss is wanting to help, would he not be prepared to get a work car sorted out for you, even if you take a small deduction in wages to pay he's likely to get a better deal etc.

I wish.. Trouble is if he does that for me, he'll have to do that for the other reps and that will cost him lol.

Yeah I sell German electrical equipment and it is pricey and excellent quality but not perfect. I

Yeah I love the new front end of the c'eed.

If I really had the money I'd get the new A-class merc which looks pretty fit as well.

Okay, so maybe change of question.

If you were getting a new car on finance and needed unlimited mileage, which car would you recommend? Monthly payments will be limited to around £300 a month..

Fook it I'm getting a Renault Twizy and stick my middle finger up to congestion charge cameras MWHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks given by:
i had one of them a classes as a courtesy when someone drove into my 1.8.
it was shit! Was so disgusting to drive i wanted to cut my self, it was cheaply made inside (dont forget its not actually a mercedes!) and handled really really badly!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(23-11-2012, 07:23 PM)Niall Wrote: i had one of them a classes as a courtesy when someone drove into my 1.8.
it was shit! Was so disgusting to drive i wanted to cut my self, it was cheaply made inside (dont forget its not actually a mercedes!) and handled really really badly!

Have you seen the new one though, "apparently" completely redesigned, none of this shark fin look which they have

If anyone can find a 208 feline 1.6 ehdi with unlimited mileage then problem solved

Thanks given by:
(23-11-2012, 07:24 PM)kyleo92 Wrote:
(23-11-2012, 07:23 PM)Niall Wrote: i had one of them a classes as a courtesy when someone drove into my 1.8.

Have you seen the new one though, "apparently" completely redesigned, none of this shark fin look which they have

If anyone can find a 208 feline 1.6 ehdi with unlimited mileage then problem solved

have they recently bought a new one out then? if so, not the same one!

Scott drove the 208 and apparently it wasnt good!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Please don't buy a Corsa! Lol u will hate the ride if u manage 2 get a half decent lookin 1! 4 sum reason it rides really bad n most of the engines iv driven hav been soooooo under powered! By the way I work 4 europcar as a driver so get 2 driv all the new cars on the market n I would advise u 2 stay well clear of vx! Go 4 sumthing like a seat Ibiza or Leon! Build quality is spot on, drive brilliantly and if u get a copa spec u will get every toy u could want! If u not a fan of the seats then I would also recommend skodas n do I dare say it......... polo blue motion lol people may rip them but they r really good lil cars, hope this helps mate

Oh yer! The new Kia's r properly good cars! If u can look past the badge then u would b more than happy with them, build quality can make the vdubs n audis look stupidly over priced n that 7 year warranty, u just can't complain lol
Thanks given by:
Okay can someone suggest any personal lease websites as the ones im bringing up are so overpriced... 2008 1.9tdi Leon is £279 a month and 2008 astra 1.7cdti is £229...

the one ive found is called EFL?

Thanks given by:
marshall leasing
lex auto lease

All i know is avoid ING leasing like the plauge!

nice thing about leasing as well is your in a new car every 3/4 years Big Grin
Team Eaton

Thanks given by: