Lucas advancing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucas advancing
Hi, a friend if mine who used to have a d turbo said to me it's worth slightly advancing the pump.

Was just after the pros and cons of doing this?? I did try a search but couldn't really find much on the subject

I was going to advance it about 2 or 3mm to start with?
Thanks given by:
when you mean advance you mean turn it closer to engine right? loosening the three bolts at front that hold it and the one at the back iirc have your hand on top of pump and turn it upwards to advance and downwards to retard.

Tbh though if yours runs normally no point till you bosch it lol
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Just turn it towards the engine, what effect will this have?
Thanks given by:
there is a guide on this subject mate in the guide section. shows you what to do step by step. and gains are more fuel so if you tuen boost comp up more power. there will be a slight smoke incresse depending how much you turn it.

hope this is some help
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
basically advance determines how early the fuel injected. too much advance will mess with firing order but the same can be said for retarding it to much.

the trick is to get it so engine note changes to a "nicer" tone. not so much a metal bucket of spanners more like a velvet bag full of spanners(i know what i mean lol)

If you had experience on getting the engine note on old petrol's with distributer's you'll get what i mean. If your only experience is with coil packs then you won't.
Thanks given by:
if its running right then leave it alone... increasing static advance can kill these engines, your going to be on a lucas pump im guessing if your asking this so look up bosch pumps and go buy one Smile

Or we will be seeing ..... another dead pug thread lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol CJ does have a point
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch pump advancing Parksy87 2 1,100 11-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Parksy87
  advancing a pump karl1989 11 2,803 21-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Last Post: CJ_Derv