Ph1 Diablo D-turbo - Being Broken Up!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph1 Diablo D-turbo - Being Broken Up!
Well guys i am back in a 306! bit of an unexpected return after previously having a 207 that was used as a brake by an audi! and so i need a cheap car to get me back on the road and after being screwed over by my insurance (for the time being) i need a car that was cheap to run and insure after looking at little engined cars insurance was silly and so did a quote for a 306 D turbo and it was a bargain! Had a budget of £600 which proved quite diffcult as most round here were £800 plus. then one night on ebay this newly listed P reg 120k long mot and tax went down and had a look few niggley bits but nothing i cant sort.

[Image: SAM_0312.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0314.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0318.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0320.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0323.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0324-1.jpg]

Modifications Current
Dodgy chrome wash jets
Dodgy welded back box
Dodgy looking mush room filter
Blow off Valve
206 scirroco alloys in black
Boost Guage

Fixes To Be Done
New window slider clips both window
Interior Blower motor need rewiring (Been Bypassed)
Reconnect all fan cables
Replace front passenger wing dodgy respray
Replace rear Bumper (cracked)
Rear tail lights (dodgy earth)

Mods
Bosch Bump obviously
Better intake
Fmic obviously
mbc
new exhaust system?
Lower it nicely depending how freindly the drive way is
Refurb Alloys white posibly change all together
Upgrade brakes!
Then handling goodies
Braided brake lines
Side Skirts

Started a bit of work today car had been sat on the drive 5 mins and i had already started! First up was to remove the rear bench seats to allow them to dry out wipe everything down with a cloth to remove moisture as the car had been stood a while! removed rear carpet to sweep crap up that was rattling around the floor.

[Image: SAM_0329.jpg]

Removed all the the subwoofer cabling and removed a few dodgy wire taps! then set a bout the cables on the heater dials. oddly 4 out of the 5 cables had been taken off? hmmmm attemped to fix it but gave up for today just made sure the blowers were putting at the screen to de mist them in a morning.

[Image: SAM_0335.jpg]

As it stands the car has done around 60 miles today at first i thought whats all the fuss about but seems to have livened it self up and pulls quite strong, probably stronger than my 207 hdi 110 did! and from the looks of things on the boost guage its not been tweaked pulling 1 bar/ 14psi Big GrinD

Thats all for now a trip to scrappy tomorow to gather a few things to sort the rear lights out hunt a bosch if they are any.
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Looks like a good buy mate, reminds me of my old PH1.
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
mmm dturbo Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Simple and free mods today upgrade from the crappy chav windscreen jets that didnt even reach the screen to xsara mist jets much better coverage now

[Image: SAM_0337-1.jpg]

Then de wipered the rear one because the one that was on didnt work and 2 it was held in by cable ties and water was getting in

[Image: SAM_0342-1.jpg]

Things will be slow due to lack of funds but tidying loose ends is free! and makes a differnece

Thanks given by:
Check your pm's Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks good mate
Thanks given by:
JJ0063 Wrote:Check your pm's Smile

Doh

Thanks given by:
Some more minor updates today. sorted out the dodgy tail light out with a replacement and then grounded it to the chasis Then bought some aero wipers
[Image: SAM_0368.jpg]
Installed my old boost guage from the 207 the car already came with one but its tinted and no power so you cant see it at all
[Image: SAM_0495-1.jpg]
Bought some service items to oil and fuel filter and freash oil
[Image: SAM_0497.jpg]
Also this little beast
[Image: SAM_0499-1.jpg]
Should help build the power up!!

Thanks given by:
Well some more updates and yet another fix done today. despite thinking i had found a 306 with decent arches it turns out that that wasnt the case. when i first got the car despite getting my hand into the arches i started cleaning the inside up to find rust coloured water marks near the boot floor. at this point i knew full well what was the problem. so i investigated to discover this

[Image: SAM_0331-1.jpg]

Doesnt look that bad phewwwwww
So took it up to Ripps place for him to work his magic thinking it wont be a huge problem. Then he got his hammer out...... :o

[Image: SAM_0543.jpg]

Ooppps that whole area wasnt very good! So Ripp marked out the areas to remove and i got cutting with the grinder to leave it looking like this

[Image: SAM_0546.jpg]

So Ripp made a new plate up out of stainless made it to have bends where original creases were and this was the finished result

[Image: SAM_0549.jpg]

His freind tugged on the seat fixing point and revealed the it was very thin rotten around that area so this was rectified too with the plate just below it.

when i purchased the car i had every intention or blizting the arches kurust them and waxoyling them but now gives me more reason to with the new work. eventually the whole underside of the car will be under sealed!

Mean while i hadve been cleaning my bosch injectors up. iv left the injector tips to soak in wd-40 to try and decoke them

[Image: SAM_0552.jpg]

Next few jobs put all the interior back together and then sort the arches

Thanks given by:
Also forgot to post about this not really a major update just the small things.

I had to add some spacers on the rear after spotting this pikey bodge!
[Image: SAM_0506.jpg]
Yes thats right a home brew spacer made out of a dog fouling sign!
While tha car was up i ested fitted my old 207 wheels to see how they would look. Here its spaced out by 25mm
[Image: SAM_0502.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0505-1.jpg]

Supprisingly no rubbing or catching issues! But not for me im wanting more old skool wheels with this one any ways all i had was 25mm hubcentric spacers so stuck them on the rears to replace the homebrew pikey crap!

Before
[Image: SAM_0509.jpg]

After
[Image: SAM_0513-1.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0514.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0517.jpg]

Not sure if iv got a slight camber issue. I do have a knock issue on the rear but im 80% sure thats the bodged exhaust banging on the bumper

Thanks given by:
Ed spent an hour making the S16 go vroom tbh...
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Rippthrough Wrote:Ed spent an hour making the S16 go vroom tbh...
then i spent half an making it actually go vroom lol

Thanks given by:
Looks nice! Keep on tidying! Haha.
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I meant after you went lol
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Rippthrough Wrote:I meant after you went lol
Take it he is pleased then! Lmao was he sat there pretending to drive :-D

Thanks given by:
Wouldn't have been looked at for another 3-4 months otherwise!
Thanks given by:
I'm scared to look into my arches.. I think it's my luck it'd look like that.. Lol.

Good to see it's all being fixed quite easily for you Big Grin

In regards to setting up your injectors after you've taken them apart.. How do you do it? I really need to overhaul mine, Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile

Keep up the great work fella, Lowering needs to be done pronto though Wink
Thanks given by:
Jacko Wrote:I'm scared to look into my arches.. I think it's my luck it'd look like that.. Lol.

Good to see it's all being fixed quite easily for you Big Grin

In regards to setting up your injectors after you've taken them apart.. How do you do it? I really need to overhaul mine, Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile

Keep up the great work fella, Lowering needs to be done pronto though Wink

to be fair theres not much needed for them to be setup just keep all parts of one injector together so you dont mix them up with the others clean them in some wd-40 or card cleaner and attach back and torque them up onece in the engine. there not really like petrol injectors with seals and fine spray patterns.

Thanks given by:
More work done today. After Ripp had done the arch it needed sealing asap otherwise it would have been pointless in doing so. Im not a huge fan of tar underseal as it messy and doesnt look great. but i think its better than waxoyl as it doesnt dry up and fall off. also i like to use the brush so it gets right into the gaps. so first thing was to clean the arch out despite removing loads of mud yesterday there was still plenty under there! then i got the jet wash out.

[Image: SAM_0554.jpg]

Put the 500w lamp under to dry it out as it was -2!

[Image: SAM_0561-1.jpg]

All clean now as you can see the burn marks from the welding setting the seam sealer on fire!

[Image: SAM_0563.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0564-1.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0565.jpg]

Going to put a 2nd layer on as despite when looking at it there is some brush marks and i want it all black lol also did the rear vallance too. it wasnt needed but eventually il be dropping the beam and doing the whole underneath of the car so may as well dome this too.

[Image: SAM_0566.jpg]

And here is the only sign of some work being done thanks to Ripps neat welding!

[Image: SAM_0568-1.jpg]

Also here we have a pic of the Fmic i intend on fitting. its off a mondeo its not the hugest in the world but its quite thick. im not a huge fan of huge shiny fmic and all the work with them. so this will do nicely and look subtle
[Image: SAM_0572-1.jpg]

Thanks given by:
So i could literally buy some new nozzles, and then undo and redo them back up with their original internals? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Jacko Wrote:So i could literally buy some new nozzles, and then undo and redo them back up with their original internals? Big Grin

are you going up for a different spray type? by changing the internal pin?

Thanks given by:
Nope, just want new nozzles and mine are fubared
Thanks given by:
the external catridge should be fine with new internals

Thanks given by:
so literally undo the injector(s) then remove internals, replace nozzles and refit everything in reverse order and it will work fine?
Thanks given by:
Jenkosowls Wrote:Well some more updates and yet another fix done today. despite thinking i had found a 306 with decent arches it turns out that that wasnt the case. when i first got the car despite getting my hand into the arches i started cleaning the inside up to find rust coloured water marks near the boot floor. at this point i knew full well what was the problem. so i investigated to discover this

[Image: SAM_0331-1.jpg]

Doesnt look that bad phewwwwww
So took it up to Ripps place for him to work his magic thinking it wont be a huge problem. Then he got his hammer out...... :o

[Image: SAM_0543.jpg]

Ooppps that whole area wasnt very good! So Ripp marked out the areas to remove and i got cutting with the grinder to leave it looking like this

[Image: SAM_0546.jpg]

So Ripp made a new plate up out of stainless made it to have bends where original creases were and this was the finished result

[Image: SAM_0549.jpg]

His freind tugged on the seat fixing point and revealed the it was very thin rotten around that area so this was rectified too with the plate just below it.

Nice work by Rippthrough there. Now you want to get a wheel arch liner off a GTi or S16 and fit it. It will need trimming a bit but that is easily done with a Stanley knife to mark it and then cut with a hacksaw.

I don't think that tiny intercooler will provide much more cooling than the topmount, however.
Thanks given by:
Jacko Wrote:so literally undo the injector(s) then remove internals, replace nozzles and refit everything in reverse order and it will work fine?

in therory just get the torque settings right. Cant you find any 2nd hand injectors? usually about £20 from a scrappy

Thanks given by:
*Flynn* already got plans to to fit an arch as and when i can find one, i know where there is an s16 in with one cough ripp cough. the injectors were split whilst in an engine bay as me and danny didnt have a 27mm inector socket. so cracked the tops off and split them. then used 5ft pole to crack the remaining out of the engine.

Thanks given by:
Jenkosowls Wrote:
Jacko Wrote:so literally undo the injector(s) then remove internals, replace nozzles and refit everything in reverse order and it will work fine?

in therory just get the torque settings right. Cant you find any 2nd hand injectors? usually about £20 from a scrappy

I have, they're fubared too! Sad
Thanks given by:
[/quote]I have, they're fubared too! Sad[/quote]
thats a pain what are you running a bosch or lucas?

Thanks given by:
Jenkosowls Wrote:I know where there is an s16 in with one cough ripp cough.

Gerorff yer theiving bugger!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Danny's 7th D turbo, *BEEN BROKEN* Danny2009 240 72,697 15-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Danny2009
  Phase one Diablo Red MOODY D Turbo ;) - UPDATED 10/9/12 gumball3000 38 13,380 17-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Curt
  Diablo D Turbo vlj 127 42,147 01-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vlj