only firing on 2 cylinders ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
only firing on 2 cylinders ?
morning all.........

i have a predicament.....

306 1.8 xs

was out the other nite playin with my flame kit..... reved it up to flame and ended up blowing out MY CAT..... i think most of it has now been blown out the rear end now BUT... when it went the engine manidgement light came on and now runs lumpy as fook..... i have pulled off the injectors one by one ..... and starting from the PASSENGER SIDE...... the 1st PLUG made no diffrence 2nd did also 3rd AND 4TH DID NOT either soo im asuming injectors 1 - 4 ARE DOWN ??

i have pulled number 1 out and stuck a 12v feed to it and makes a click noise asuming its working ??

ALSO have replaced ALL 4 spark plugs too

im pretty sure the CAT is empty as i had to BEAT it with a hamer to shif the loose crap inside rattling around

it only has 1 lambda sensor too and its BEFORE the CAT

hope this info helps to somone who may held shed some light on my predicament

cheers waynerz
Thanks given by:
Dont drive around like a chav with a flamer kit?!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
1 i dont drive around " like a chav " and 2 was askin a serious question
thank for the intelligent reply :-)
Thanks given by:
To be fair that was an intelligent answer, if you didn't 'drive round like a chav with a flame kit' all would be fine and dandy! Smile

:troll:
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yep them kits are shit not to mention illegal. If your lucky, it's a coincidence and the Coil pack has given up (there's only two on the 1.8, one for 1 and 4 and one for 2 and 3 I think)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Just - lmao

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
just changes coil pack ans can only see the 2 center plugs sparking still ????
Thanks given by:
What does the flame kir consist of? I.e what have you hooked up to what? I assume its drawing power from somthing somwhere?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
to be fully honist its not attached to nothing ..... its a spark plug on rear of exhausts and a coil pack mounted inside the car then a switch
Thanks given by:
The word 'exhaust' does not have an 'l' in it. Neither does the plural of the aforementioned word. Thanks
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2012, 10:41 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: The word 'exhaust' does not have an 'l' in it. Neither does the plural of the aforementioned word. Thanks

Someone clearly didn't get their leg over last night!!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
oh and as i havent put a 2nd seprate switch to the coil pack....... i have to pull the plug from the coil pack to make the unburnt fuel still head to the rear and ignight via the plug on the back
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2012, 10:50 AM)waynerz wide arch Wrote: oh and as i havent put a 2nd seprate switch to the coil pack....... i have to pull the plug from the coil pack to make the unburnt fuel still head to the rear and ignight via the plug on the back

These engines are really sensitive to changes in fueling. Your really not doing it any favours!! Get rid of the kit. They look shit, are illegal, wreck your car and make you look like a tool.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
^^^ this, a flame kit is a good way to f*ck up your car, get points on your license and look like a twat...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
So wait, your switching a coilpack for a plug in the pipe for the flames, and also switching an engine coilpack ON PURPOSE to send unburnt fuel back there? Please tell me ive read that wrong..

But if so, its a bit of a coincidence that theres randomly a coil pack down, and you have modded the wiring to switch it off on demand...rip it off / put it back how it should be, epic fail x 10
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2012, 11:05 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: ^^^ this, a flame kit is a good way to f*ck up your car, get points on your license and look like a twat...

Unless your staring in the new fast and furious, then it's well sick!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
naahh!

i has a flamer kit on ma diesel, its sick init bruv!

ninja
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
Who needs a flamer kit when mine pops flames anyway? Haha

Flamer kits make you look like a cock. Reviving your engine to start done flames probably out of one of your 10 exhausts.
Seriously take it off, return it all to standard. Problem solved!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2012, 11:34 AM)Matt Wrote: Who needs a flamer kit when mine pops flames anyway? Haha

Flamer kits make you look like a cock. Reviving your engine to start done flames probably out of one of your 10 exhausts.
Seriously take it off, return it all to standard. Problem solved!

Alright no need to flame him. Each to their own!

See what I did there? Get it?....flame......I get my coat.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Serious answer alert!!!

You've either still got something in the cat, blocking it. Or a common problem on the XU petrol engines after a de-cat is that the centre box blows itself apart inside.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
Scrap the flamer kit, even if it don't solve the issue, they're chavvy and pointless.

Like having 6 massive exhausts.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
switching coil packs while on line working is a bad idea you possibly have fried the output in the ECU
Thanks given by:

Thanks given by:
If its not a coil pack id agree with cully and suggest you may of fried the ECU, theyer a known weak point on the 1.8s and removing and refitting a plug while the car is running could well of caused a spark to jump and fried it.
Thanks given by:
May I steal that pic of the scooby zorst? Lol
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:

Too much back pressure tbh.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I'll put money on the ignition drivers in the ECU being fried as I'll bet you're lifting the earth on the coil pack to kill the spark... Those coilpacks love frying ECUs anyway, so guaranteed it'll have shoved a good spike back up the ECU and killed the drivers.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
the flamer kit wont help things.
the 1.8 ecu and coilpack are just gay, in my old estate i ended up having to by a NEW coilpack but i was lucky, my mother in laws cab needs a replacment ecu
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2012, 04:29 PM)KrisB Wrote: May I steal that pic of the scooby zorst? Lol

its just a google jobby! Smile
Thanks given by:
I love how after all the replies, you lot have scared him off! hahaha! But I have to agree with Ruan and any one else who says you've possibly fried your ecu. Take the whole 'Flamer kit' off of the car, put it back to standard and work from there.
Thanks given by: