HDi debackboxed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi debackboxed
I'm thinking of getting rid of my standard backbox with the downwards tip as it looks crap. I want to swap with something and heard if you just weld a piece of pipe on instead of the backbox it'll give it a performance gain, is this true?

I've heard of the middle box conversion but I'm just looking at all options before I decide really.

Thanks?
Thanks given by:
you get better flow with no backbox for better gains....

IMO dont bother with the middle box conversion unless you dont like a noisy car! lol even so its not that loud...
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
Either or mate, that's all I did in my dt.
As long as its got at least 1 box your legal!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys, so as long as I have a middle box I'm still legal even if its decat and debackboxed?
Think ill go for the debackbox I need a bit of noise in my life!
Will the gain be noticeable if I have decat and stage 1 map?
Thanks given by:
I just emptied my cat out like this with this the noise level defo went up and i could defo notice the turbo spool quicker
[Image: 306new65.jpg]

And de-back boxed like this, I noticed a slight bit of difference when i did this the noise level did go up slightly
[Image: 306new53.jpg]

Thanks given by:
As long as you have one box in your system it's legal, the cat isn't currently required for MOT purposes.

You should notice the gains, the turbo will spool a little earlier thanks to the lower restriction from the exhaust and it will be happier to rev.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'm going to get rid of the backbox sometime in the next week or so then! Do you need a backbox to pass an MOT?
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2012, 02:22 PM)Poodle Wrote: ...As long as you have one box in your system it's legal...

lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oh I was thinking legal as in getting pulled over haha I get it now
Thanks given by:
Technically it should be the same thing, if we're talking purely about vehicle defects. Although, what gets you pulled is often 90% discretion of the challenging officer as far as i can tell. Rolleyes
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: