chips

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chips
Does anyone know where i can get a chip for my 1.6 v reg dont want to break the bank so nothing to exspensive lol
Thanks given by:
wouldnt bother on a 1.6 you wont see naff all gain from it

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
What he said.
Thanks given by:
For the price of a 'chip' for your car and the sake of 2-3bhp you could probably pick up an entire 6' lump ready to convert....
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
dont listen to the haters, just because our engines dont go taptaptaptaptap.

theres a few people selling ecu chips on the fleabay, dont know what theyre like
other than that a bit of head work and a remap certainly helps out
Thanks given by:
For the price of a chip, you could buy a turbo for it Big Grin I know what i'd do....

(I'd just buy an XUD instead lol )
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(18-11-2012, 05:14 PM)306Dan Wrote: dont listen to the haters, just because our engines dont go taptaptaptaptap.

theres a few people selling ecu chips on the fleabay, dont know what theyre like
other than that a bit of head work and a remap certainly helps out

you mean dont listen to the people living in the real world that are trying to save you some money & disapointment???

in all honesty if you want to stick with a TU engine/ 1.6 drop a 1.6 16v in from a 106 gti the costs wouldnt be much more but the power gains would be huge.

Thanks given by:
Might be easier to make the car lighter. If you only get 2-3bhp from these chips.

Lighter alloys, strip out some sound deadening.
Thanks given by:
mark also has a point you would get more gain from reducing the weight than you would from a chip

Thanks given by:
You'd be lucky to make 2-3bhp tbfh. In fact you'd probably loose more elsewhere....
Thanks given by:
Making it lighter it is then.

There you go I just saved you the time and hassle of finding one. Got be worth some rep lol.

But on the other hand I will cost you money now. 106 rallye inlet will help. I believe a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold will fit this, and you could get a sport cat and better exhaust system. Then lower it, give it better brakes and suspension. They can be fun little engine.
Thanks given by:
as mark has just pointed out AGAIN. mor power less money. also cant you use some VTR parts to improve power?

Thanks given by:
Don't these 'chips' just send more fuel to the engine? Thus overfuelling it, maybe giving you a bit of top-end power but most likely running rich throughout the rest of the rev-range and decreasing the life of your plugs / exhaust / engine in general?...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2012, 01:15 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Don't these 'chips' just send more fuel to the engine? Thus overfuelling it, maybe giving you a bit of top-end power but most likely running rich throughout the rest of the rev-range and decreasing the life of your plugs / exhaust / engine in general?...

spot on

Thanks given by:
i was reading about a company that produces ecu chips for the tu5 with custom maps availible, dont know how good they'll be as half of it sounds like quess worth rather than taking the full information into account, iirc they were about £55 posted and on most of the ecu's (he did list which ones at one point) the chip was simply plug and play.

now someone might correct me about all this, or if its worth having a go.

other than that tu5jp4 conversion ftw Smile
Thanks given by:
Anyone who buys a chip is nuts, spesh for more than a tenna.. They Only cost a few pennies, it just a resistor lol
Thanks given by:
i was talking about chipping the ecu not a resistor mod as those are useless, just makes it run rich all the time

something like these, you can get them in various states of tune

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-1-...0822457134

dont know if they're any good but was recommended to me by a motorsport friend who claims they're not to bad and actually work well with some mild engine tuning
Thanks given by:
I thought this topic was related to veg.

then i noticed its the petrol section.
:haha:
Thanks given by:
Yer motorsport friend. Does he, by any chance, circulate at the back of the grid?

Yeah.
Thanks given by:
yeah he isnt one of the best i know, and i know many

however for the lol's ill get one of those chips and dyno it sometime to see if it does anything, cos no one is putting any proof anywheres.
Thanks given by:
chips are for hungry people.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2013, 07:04 PM)kingy Wrote: chips are for hungry people.

Usaly goes with fish??? lmao

Thanks given by:
The power gains are very appreciable, no any other modifications are required with this chip.

If you remove cataytic converter from you engine (decat) you will have rocket from your 306.

Sounds a bit contradictory!
Thanks given by:
So they reckon with this chip and a decat it'll be a 'rocket'... They're 98bhp standard o.0
Thanks given by:
Haven't you seen NASA are using chipped 1.6s on the latest space mission guys? Do you live under a rock or something...? Confused
Thanks given by:
The question is are you? Guess you didn't hear about NASA's budget cuts Wink
Thanks given by:
Yeah, they were gonna use GTi6's but couldn't afford the fuel bill, hence chipped 1.6s instead. Wink
Thanks given by: