Fuel Gauge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Gauge
I got a hdi not had it long already had some issues with the door looms what fun they are to solder with the door on, I am now trying to sort the problem with the fuel gauge. It dont drop to empty and I have no warning light,it ran out and was not even on the red,bloke I brought it off said he had it happen to him said it since it had a new pump fitted. Diesels are all new to me and last peugeot I had was a 309gti 8 years ago. Any idea's is this something to do with the pump or just some more crap wiring somewhere.
Thanks given by:
Sounds to me that when the new sender pump was fitted the may have got the fuel gauge part of it caught on something or the float arm got a little bent. It's probably worth taking it out and having a look to check then refitting it to see if there's any difference.
Thanks given by:
Take its just a case of going under back seat and pulling it out or is there more to it than that?
Thanks given by:
Nah, that's pretty much it, gently tap the black plastic ring with a screwdriver to undo it, carefully undo the fuel pipes and loom plug and lift it out........might be an idea to put something down on your carpet in case of any spillages though.
Thanks given by:
ok cheers for that I give it a go later.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuel gauge randomness Piggy 14 3,679 04-12-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Fuel Gauge Not Working - Ideas? 328isport 3 1,363 02-10-2016, 03:23 PM
Last Post: fatlapit
Question Fuel gauge accuracy Bassman85 8 2,332 22-01-2015, 12:23 PM
Last Post: RetroPug