MX5 turbo on the road again.......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MX5 turbo on the road again.......
Jonny b Wrote:Old!! Nah not me Liam me old mucker , cars like this are meant to be hammered down b roads I doubt you could hammer that anywhere ha ha it's just an expensive ornament

I second this notion.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Oh I hope it is sorted, would love a ride in this. So would the missus, she needs further convincing. Wink

Hah fair point Mark, gotta agree with Jonny though, horses for courses i guess.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I enjoy driving too much to ever go that low.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Fozzy, are you on classic insurance for this mate? I'm thinking about getting one for a second car in September, just had a quote from Footman James of £282 for the year when I'm paying £145 a month for the Octavia!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
No problem alex if its at camping i will take you our for a ride, will try not to offend people like i did last time in the rallye.

Liam - I looked into classic insurance briefly to see what it would be like, but not properly yet but got a silly quote of about 3grand with all the mods from one place. i will most likely be going with brentacre. I currently just changed cars over on my existing policy, and haven't had to renew yet.
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Try Footman James dude, I got sent there by a guy on the MX5 forum, couldn't believe that price!
Thanks given by:
Will give them a ring when im looking for a renewal then, hopefully the mods wont make it rocket up.

Did your quote have any mods?
Thanks given by:
I just said aftermarket wheels, exhaust and filter, they were fine with those Smile
Thanks given by:
Awesome! Smile Ha yeah, that guy was a douche.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Liam - I think they may have a problem with the amount of mods i have planned, they always seem to hate roll bars Sad

Alex - the Rallye is quiet compared to the Eunos as well, To the point i need some of eds ear plugs haha
Thanks given by:
Fozzy Wrote:Liam - I think they may have a problem with the amount of mods i have planned, they always seem to hate roll bars Sad

Alex - the Rallye is quiet compared to the Eunos as well, To the point i need some of eds ear plugs haha

I've got fcukloads of em, and a ready supply from work; no one bothers to use them there lol
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:
Fozzy Wrote:Liam - I think they may have a problem with the amount of mods i have planned, they always seem to hate roll bars Sad

I've got fcukloads of em, and a ready supply from work; no one bothers to use them there lol

hehe, may be stealing some from you when i next see you ninja
Thanks given by:
Impractical splitter fitted. Caught it slightly getting off the ramps, and thats before ive lowered it.

[Image: Photo0770.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looking good! always quite liked these after i drove one up to scotland for my sister
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
They are good fun to drive but really impractical for anything else.

managed to fit the dice to the wheels today.

[Image: Photo0773.jpg]

Even if i did get one stuck on the valve. sorted now thankfully.
Thanks given by:
Hahha amazing! Hmmm that splitter does look a teensy bit impractical, you'll be reversing into Curt's then...?

And practical is what the HDi is for, surely.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Dice looks good man :-) as said on fb that splitter looks awesome and much better than lavuna one
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fozzy Wrote:Impractical splitter fitted. Caught it slightly getting off the ramps, and thats before ive lowered it.

[Image: Photo0770.jpg]

Who care about impractical? I like that a lot and it will look fecking sweet when its lowered!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Splitter looks lush!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the comments, i really can't wait to get this lowered, but i don't have the time at the moment. And also when i get the wider wheels on the arch's wont look so big.
Thanks given by:
Fozzy Wrote:Thanks for the comments, i really can't wait to get this lowered, but i don't have the time at the moment. And also when i get the wider wheels on the arch's wont look so big.

Well get on with it and sort it out, make some time Tongue

It will look awesome on wide wheels sitting low!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
haha, i wish i had more time i just have so much else that needs doing so cant spend a decent amount of time on it.

Forgot i took this photo earlier, shows the new bwarp cone and also the revised location of the header tank in the slam panel

[Image: Photo0774.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looking clean in that bay dude!

isnt that cone right next to the exhaust fannymold and therefore gunna get loads of heatsoak?

Thanks given by:
Thanks, still not as clean as i want it to be, far too many wires scattered about.

Yeah, its a major problem, i am hoping to make a heat shield or get some piping and reroute it to either the back right hand side or the front right behind the light, but for now i just want some induction noise.
Thanks given by:
ah yeah i see what you mean, does make it look kinda cluttered. atleast its not grimey tho!

yeah fair nuff man! i want some noise too, even tho i know ill lose (a tiny bit of) power thanks to the hot air itll be sucking in!

Thanks given by:
Today i decided it was time to take the plunge and see how bad the rust was behind the wings, common with mx5's

I was quite nervous but i knew it had to be done

[Image: Photo0785.jpg]

As you can see theres quite a bit, but the metal is still solid, so big sigh of relief.

Out somes the trusty wire brush drill bit, back to bare metal and waxol'd the hell out of it.

[Image: Photo0786.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hehe looks good but i dont spy any dice on there!
Thanks given by:
Dice are for the dished wheels, would look a bit strange sticking out on the bbs wheels, although saying that i haven't actually tried on the bbs
Thanks given by:
To be fair its not like you dont have enough
Thanks given by:
hehe, i think 20 is a good amount means i have plenty in supply for when some low life decides they will look better on there car
Thanks given by: