MX5 turbo on the road again.......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MX5 turbo on the road again.......
Let me at it and you won't be thinking that
Thanks given by:
Well Curt's thread has prompted me to put on my latest on the Exhaust pipe, its all pretty much there a few little bits to weld and a feck load of grinding to be done hehe.

On the plus side i think i have finally got the hang of welding.

[Image: 2012-12-31114129_zpsbd6483b1.jpg]

The rest is a bit of a mess

[Image: 2012-12-31113851_zps02d405a3.jpg]

I Have some stainless which i will use to make up another downpipe now i have made this one, and hopefully will be a lot more refined

Im quite happy with how it feeds between the bulkhead and gearbox with plenty of room either side

[Image: 2012-12-31112113_zps33673727.jpg]

Not too bad for a scrap scooby exhaust.
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That looks awesome man! So need to get myself a welder... Can't wait to see this done, then you can help build mine Tongue hehe
Thanks given by:
love the bodgetacular nature of that!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2013, 09:56 PM)Curt Wrote: That looks awesome man! So need to get myself a welder... Can't wait to see this done, then you can help build mine Tongue hehe

Always up for helping, i would be able to make the kit cheaper the second time around lol.

(14-01-2013, 09:56 PM)samass Wrote: love the bodgetacular nature of that!

its bodgetacular, but no doubt will end up with some cracks in it, i will be bracing the other end of that pipe with the gearbox so hopefully prevent it cracking under engine movement.
Thanks given by:
maybe cover the welds with exhaust putty, then heat wrap it? i did that on the nad's side exit, sealed it up really well, so if cracks do appear, shouldn't be much of an issue

Thanks given by:
Now that truly is a bodgetastic idea Smile
Thanks given by:
God you certainly threw your self in at the deep end with welding if your new to it! Looks good/bodgetastic though!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2013, 10:23 PM)Fozzy Wrote: Now that truly is a bodgetastic idea Smile

ah why thank you! lol

Thanks given by:
Awesome, cheers Smile sounds good to me! I'm watching ninja eBay
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2013, 10:25 PM)Niall Wrote: God you certainly threw your self in at the deep end with welding if your new to it! Looks good/bodgetastic though!

Iv'e done a couple of things before but never enough to get a good amount of practice in. This has taught me a hell of a lot, like not trying to be cheap and not use gas, as soon as i bought some argon co2 its sooo much easier.

(14-01-2013, 11:34 PM)Curt Wrote: Awesome, cheers Smile sounds good to me! I'm watching ninja eBay

Did you get it? If not i can link you to the manifold i bought from america, but i would suggest welding your own one.
Thanks given by:
Just picked up a donor car with lots of mods that i want. Well i say iv'e picked up my dad has. Apparently i can't break the car for parts as its too good. Will get to check it out at the weekend and decide what to do with it. Either way i got it cheap enough, not tax or mot.

[Image: T2eC16F0E9s37FbL2BRKMwyo1R60_57_zps1e396826.jpg]

From the description i got when they got the car home was 'very loud' and its great fun to drive.
Thanks given by:
You can't break it - it's white. Isn't yours finished yet?!
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome mate, as does my lip Wink. Would also be interested in the tow hook/s if you're not having it/them Smile
Thanks given by:
No mines not changed since you saw it. This car seems to have a good spec for just an NA engine. Might just MOT and insure it while making my other one

Sorry Curt the towhooks are what i wanted, was going to buy some off nutz the other day but someone beat me too it
Thanks given by:
That sounds like a good plan, at least you won't miss it so bad if you have another one to play about in! Haha, no worries, figured that'd be the case Smile. That keeps happening with tow hooks on there, just happened again earlier Dodgy
Thanks given by:
how much did you pay and what engine and mods if you dont mind me asking? (for the white one)
Thanks given by:
It's a 1.6 manual UK mx5.

Basic spec

Adjustable Coil over suspension

Garage vary front lip.

Omp 320mm steering wheel from eBay.

RsR manifold with flexi re welded last year.

il Motorsport exhaust and de cat.

Magnacore HT leads.

Carbon 'Randal cowl' induction kit.

Front and rear IL Motorsport subframe braces.

JDM Love Lark Carbon sill plates.

There are a few other little things including a rusty arch.

More pictures

[Image: DSCF0171_zps63886ac9.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0174_zps1ecd34bf.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0175_zps444d13c7.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0176_zps8d07604e.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0178_zps22a796c6.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Want!
Thanks given by:
Just looked over the car think i will be fixing it up and driving it, it starts and runs perfect
Thanks given by:
Finally all plumbed in Big Grin

Fits really well quite happy with it. yet to start it as need to bleed oil through turbo.

I'm now going for a megasquirt as i want to get rid of the maf because it wouldnt fit where i wanted it.

[Image: IMG_0839_zpsd388f302.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0833_zpsc21a341a.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0842_zpsf4769620.jpg]

The rest of that amazing bodgetastic exhaust

[Image: IMG_0852_zpsb0b9141f.jpg]

The extra silencer may help but a very much doubt it.

[Image: IMG_0856_zps08bb3e63.jpg]
Thanks given by:
EPIC! Looks awesome, very jealous. The intercooler set-up does look awesome too... those photos will come in handy Big Grin

Oh and I've also jealous of your workshop
Thanks given by:
Looks sweet man, bout time you got it together!!!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys, im pretty happy with it now, next time i will get to work on it is the end of the month, so progress is sloooow.

Its not my workshop Curt i just acquired that corner of it, much to the disappointment of my dad.
Thanks given by:
Haha, well still, it's nice to have even if you did steal it!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it does make working on the car in this weather bearable.
Thanks given by:
Well the bank holiday weekend ment i could spend a little time on the CAR this time nothing Turbo related More tarting up the bay and fitting the seats ive had for aaaaages.

So first off the seats

[Image: IMG_5490_zps11c08f47.jpg][/URL]

[Image: IMG_5489_zps454392c9.jpg][/URL]

MAde adaptors for the original runners, some how ive managed to get them fitted well and they slide back and forth plus i have put a stop in to prevent them sitting against the B pillar which ive seen the damaged caused to buckets when they sit on it.

The pretty bits which were a pain to spray in 2degrees but i think they came out rather well.

[Image: IMG_5498_zpse68f7ac1.jpg][/URL]

[Image: IMG_5475_zps5dd42d42.jpg][/URL]

[Image: IMG_5495_zpsac550836.jpg][/URL]

[Image: IMG_5474_zps211e8823.jpg][/URL]

Rx8 Injectors trial fitting

[Image: IMG_5492_zpsa14712fa.jpg][/URL]

Will be hopefully be receiving an MS2 by the end of the month so i will start putting the car back together for the final time
Thanks given by:
Mmmmm wrinkle/crackle paint, I need some in my engine bay...reckon it'll take to plastic?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2013, 09:10 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Mmmmm wrinkle/crackle paint, I need some in my engine bay...reckon it'll take to plastic?

Im pretty sure its fine on plastics, i've got a few bits of plastic i need to paint so you will soon find out if that fails. but i have read its fine.
Thanks given by:
Believe it or not this project is still going, has to be longest running project with very few changes but, the further i go the more i end up doing,.

What was going to be a drill the sump in situ turned into a remove the engine/ remove the sump, remove and uprate the clutch, changed some oil seals, replace bearing and slave cylinder, and clean all the muck off the engine.

Now its back in with a stage 3 clutch which should be good for 200bhp easy. Now all thats left is to fit the ecu and the panels.

[Image: 2013-06-20210046_zps5881871a.jpg]
Thanks given by: